The worst trip I ever had

That was brilliant, thankyou, just like being there.

You do have a way of writing that is entertaining and interesting, there’s a hell of a book waiting to get published inside you.

Very entertaining read, thanks for posting

Juddian:
That was brilliant, thankyou, just like being there.

You do have a way of writing that is entertaining and interesting, there’s a hell of a book waiting to get published inside you.

+1.

As others have concured, get it published, maybe get it printed in the free Truckstop news magazine, or one of the trucking magazines.
You have a talent to write an enjoyable story with the humour added in, Le Runt making its debut performance down the street, with onlookers gasping in disbelief , is a cracker.
I’m sure most of the drivers running around Europe, never had a Lgv licence or were banned.
I bet the trucks had no MOT, insurance or VED , back in the 90,s.
If you did a few trips without getting stopped by the law, profit made.
It was run on a wing and prayer, I had full loads of groupage, stacked to the roof.
Not one strap, still arrived intact, with a clean CMR.
Red diesel, Kerosene and Parafin was prolific back then, red or cherry was ok for the engine, but the others would eventually blow it up.
1000 litres of cherry in the trailer headboard, with a marine pump to the truck.
Or fuel tanks with hidden compartments, get dipped for legal white, but cherry behind it.

Kind words…

Thank you.

Happy to make people smile.

That was a great read thanks very much for sharing it with us,my missus has been giving me strange looks as i have been sniggering like a naughty boy whilst reading this great account of driving abroad it also made me think of all the old sheds that i have driven over the years !!

Yes…good read

Gripping stuff I’ve now read it twice :wink:

toby1234abc:
As others have concured, get it published, maybe get it printed in the free Truckstop news magazine, or one of the trucking magazines.
You have a talent to write an enjoyable story with the humour added in, Le Runt making its debut performance down the street, with onlookers gasping in disbelief , is a cracker.
I’m sure most of the drivers running around Europe, never had a Lgv licence or were banned.
It was run on a wing and prayer, I had full loads of groupage, stacked to the roof.
Red diesel, Kerosene and Parafin was prolific back then, red or cherry was ok for the engine, but the others would eventually blow it up.
1000 litres of cherry in the trailer headboard, with a marine pump to the truck.
Or fuel tanks with hidden compartments, get dipped for legal white, but cherry behind it.

+1
i used a few trucks where the bottom bunk was a bit of foam on top of a tailor made tank to hold the ribena.always made tilting the cab more interesting as did running it in a feeder pipe inside the suzy which never did much in the way of improving your chances of stopping unexpectedly.your usual other way was welding a stand pipe into the filler neck and half fill it with a few liters of while as the rest of the tank was on red coming from the feeder.if they dip it,it always shows the white in the pipe…but hey ho…it was all good craic.

dieseldog999:

toby1234abc:

Best one I ever did was to take a 500 litre tank and cut it in to thirds as the filler neck was dead center. I made the cuts in the middle of the straps so no one could see the join. Then welded a bulk head into each end and covered it up with the factory baffle plates so when you shined a torch in the filler cap, all you could see was a standard production tank with about a third full of derv. The other two compartments however, were not.
Back in the days when the kermits would only allow you in with 200 liters on board, a quick flash of the AS24 card and you were on your way
+1
i used a few trucks where the bottom bunk was a bit of foam on top of a tailor made tank to hold the ribena.always made tilting the cab more interesting as did running it in a feeder pipe inside the suzy which never did much in the way of improving your chances of stopping unexpectedly.your usual other way was welding a stand pipe into the filler neck and half fill it with a few liters of while as the rest of the tank was on red coming from the feeder.if they dip it,it always shows the white in the pipe…but hey ho…it was all good craic.

Cracking read…love stories like this. Nice 1[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Loved reading that :laughing: , Drawing of a truck battery with a cross through it :grimacing: :grimacing: that was my highlight of chapter one :wink:

Great post OP , made a very amusing read tnx :laughing: