The licence, the entitlement, does it expire?

You always have the option of appealing their decision in the magistrates court.

weeto:
You always have the option of appealing their decision in the magistrates court.

True, but that option is the next but one step.
Next is get my MP to make a complaint to the Parliamentary Ombudsman.
If that fails, I push for a judicial review.
If that fails, I’m thinking of trying the media, I think it was Harry Monk who suggested that.
They like to jump on Govt agencies. Hence my other thread abut most popular lorry/wagon/truck mag. Actually, I’ll probably do this before I try for a judicial review.
Then, and ONLY then, I go visit Pete Smythe :slight_smile:

Is a Judicial Review even possible before you have exhausted the normal appeals procedure?

Also bear in mind that a Judicial Review won’t normally change the decision already made - rather it will compel them to change their processes so that they do it correctly in the future.

Roymondo:
Also bear in mind that a Judicial Review won’t normally change the decision already made - rather it will compel them to change their processes so that they do it correctly in the future.

No, that’s not true, mate.
A Judicial Review makes sure that the applicable law(s) has followed correctly, and has been applied how it should have been applied.
In this case, according to my legal advice, the law has been applied incorrectly. They can change the decision of DVLA to reflect the correct decision based on applicable law.
(I think :smiley:)

Roymondo:
Is a Judicial Review even possible before you have exhausted the normal appeals procedure?

No, it isn’t, you’re right.
And the official way forward is
Get MP interested enough to have them write a letter to DVLA…done
Have DVLA still deny my claim, in answer to MPs letter…waiting.

Next is…
Have MP initiate a complaint to Parliamentary Ombudsman.
If that fails, then I can possibly start looking at a Judicial Review. Not even started to research how, yet.

Best of luck with it then. You’ll need it.

(And I still think you’ll find that you have to go through the existing appeal process before a JR becomes a possibility)

Roymondo:
Best of luck with it then. You’ll need it.

(And I still think you’ll find that you have to go through the existing appeal process before a JR becomes a possibility)

Thanks

And you may be (probably are) right, I haven’t got that far into the research yet.