The Direct Vision Standard?

Juddian:
If you end up with an internal display of the cameras, be wary about switching the display off, especially when in a zone, heard talk of drivers facing large penalties for doing so but that would need confirming by someone up to date…the reason you’d turn the display off in the dark is that even dimmed down they like any other light source in the cab make it more difficult to see unlit objesct outside the glass due to reflections (try seeing into the dark past a light source), something those who came up with this latest wheeze never took into account, which is hardly suprising cos these suits have usually never done the job at all or for 5 minutes at best and never ever ask the people doing the job what any pitfalls might be :unamused:

Units I have driven before now with monitors (I guess for FORS) generally seemed to wake and go off again on use of the left hand indicator, which you might think would be acceptable, but who knows!!

Ghost01:
Hello All,

Just been looking in to this Direct Vison Standard thing on the internet, and i see it been put back to March 1st now, just wondering what is the minimum requirements ? i read it’s done on a star rating and you have to apply for a permit, any recommendations on systems etc

If this has another thread which has been talked about before, sorry and if you could a link to the topic started that would be great …

Thanks.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 2&t=167623

Hello All,

We will be getting the camera’s fitted, as most of our work is south-south/west and also you have to be a Euro6 to go into London as of the 1st of March :unamused:

What happened to the world beating Frensle lens never seen one for a while now …I do not who the dip stick was who dreamed that one up…let people be honest what good is that little window at the foot of the n/s door…

fuse:
What happened to the world beating Frensle lens never seen one for a while now …I do not who the dip stick was who dreamed that one up…let people be honest what good is that little window at the foot of the n/s door…

I found fresnel lenses handy in Europe. And also driving left hookers over here.

Limited for sure but correctly placed they’re better than nothing.

toonsy:

fuse:

I found fresnel lenses handy in Europe. And also driving left hookers over here.

Limited for sure but correctly placed they’re better than nothing.

Here’s mine

Sent from my truck

I came across this link.

Is handy.
Scroll down to where it says maps.
Then click zones.ans it shows you the area covered.
Also has a postcode checker to see

Hello All,

We don’t go in London much any way, but if you change your mind to get the cameras etc fitted say over this year are you still going to be able to apply after the 1st of March ?

Useful bit of info I had confirmed from highways England.

If you don’t have the DVS equipment fitted and are diverted off the M25 due to a road closures into the charging zone, as long as you follow the official Highways England diversion route you will not be charged/fined for entering the zone

Contrary to the myths it needn’t cost a fortune ,you do not need all round cameras or recording.
A gaurdian/ brigade reversing type single near side camera and side scan is sufficient,the screens are about £180 plus camera .

Gutted!!! Mine is one of a handful that haven’t had the gubbins fitted. How am I going to cope from next week? :wink:

the maoster:
Gutted!!! Mine is one of a handful that haven’t had the gubbins fitted. How am I going to cope from next week? :wink:

Think of all that direct vision on the pavement you will be missing out on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bugger! Never thought of that! Having said that, chicks in masks don’t float my boat (unless I’m at one of them “special “ parties) :smiley:

the maoster:
Bugger! Never thought of that! Having said that, chicks in masks don’t float my boat (unless I’m at one of them “special “ parties) :smiley:

:open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

So this starts Monday . If not.compliant you get a fine.
Is that all you get?and presuming it’s done via anpr cameras?

Just curious as I knew it was Gona happen
Have a delivery near Wembley on Mon I’ve checked it’s on the green no go zone

Told work trucks not compatible to go there.
Basically been told your going there were deal with any concerns.

So is it just a fine? Which have said I’m.not paying.

Will I not get anything for breaking the rules being a professional driver?

Will the truck get impounded ?
Or is it just a fine each time.
Obviously nobody knows as not operational yet so duno why I’m asking lol
But yeah
Just curious what will happen on Monday

Your company need to contact TfL. There is an extension but you need to have applied before March 1st.

tfl.gov.uk/info-for/deliveries- … s-vehicles

My Euro IV non DVS will not be allowed in from Monday. Gutted :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Unfortunately a hired truck is arriving next week so not getting off the hook for long.

£160 fine for the driver, somewhere in the region of £500ish for the operator. Mine is not compliant and we have two chimps on the front desk who WILL send any vehicle in. I’ve already told said chimps that I’m happy to go in only when they send me an e mail from their workstation telling me to go in. Company pay our personal fines so that’s not an issue.

the maoster:
£160 fine for the driver, somewhere in the region of £500ish for the operator. Mine is not compliant and we have two chimps on the front desk who WILL send any vehicle in. I’ve already told said chimps that I’m happy to go in only when they send me an e mail from their workstation telling me to go in. Company pay our personal fines so that’s not an issue.

I would have thought a person with your skills,of negotiation would have said nothing,then wait for the order to go into the smoke, and replied “can’t do that, vehicle is non compliance” and walk away and await outcome near coffee machine.

^^^ much easier to go (with my arse covered) and then gloat over the inevitable fallout! :smiley: