TFL Direct vision

the maoster:
Basically anywhere inside the M25.

TFL’s juristiction ends at the GLA boundary.The M25 is irrelevant to that in most cases.Admittedly Havering, Enfield and Hillingdon and to an extent Bromley and some of Croydon are a problem.In which case A 414 and A 412 and A25/A20 are default options.

maps.london.gov.uk/cim/

Uncleskid:
Just before Christmas I was running back from Kent regular in the early hours and M25 used to be closed at J28 the diversion was A12 through Romford / Ilford to Redbridge Roundabout and onto M11 that’s what got me thinking

A13/A130/A 414. :bulb:

discoman:
If the Highways, or Essex police divert the trucks off on to the London bound carriage, they cannot get off anywhere other than the M11, tell me what has Surrey or the A3 got to do with junction 25/26 of M25

Firstly I was just showing that the precedent exists that non London friendly trucks can cut through GLA/TFL’s area using designated roads.I’d guess that example would be no different.

What is it that you’re actually saying was shut in that case.M25 or M11 or both ?. :confused:
Why would HA or the Law divert non TFL compliant trucks into a TFL compliant area.If they do then appeal it.

If the northern section of the M25 etc is shut then obviously the A414 is the default option avoiding TFL territory.

Carryfast:

discoman:
If the Highways, or Essex police divert the trucks off on to the London bound carriage, they cannot get off anywhere other than the M11, tell me what has Surrey or the A3 got to do with junction 25/26 of M25

Firstly I was just showing that the precedent exists that non London friendly trucks can cut through GLA/TFL’s area using designated roads. I’d guess that example would be no different.

What is it that you’re actually saying was shut in that case.M25 or M11 or both ?. :confused:
Why would HA or the Law divert non TFL compliant trucks into a TFL compliant area.If they do then appeal it.

If the northern section of the M25 etc is shut then obviously the A414 is the default option avoiding TFL territory.

You really are hard work, if there is an RTI on the network, on the Carriageway of the M25 with the M11 junction, and the lanes are closed, ie diversion, and the only route is on to the M11, london bound, it means non compliant trucks are forced into London, as there are no other routes to get off of the M11 towards London, as advised previously only Loughton has an off and on ramp both towards London the trucks would go that way HE and EP do not care if TRUCK is compliant they jsut say move and expect vehicles to move…

“Exactly why/where would you need to go into Greater London to divert off the M25 ?.” what you said, I was advising that the M25/M11 would force a truck to go into london with no route off of the M11 until in the Vision. but as always you know best… so you win.

discoman:

Carryfast:
You really are hard work, if there is an RTI on the network, on the Carriageway of the M25 with the M11 junction, and the lanes are closed, ie diversion, and the only route is on to the M11, london bound, it means non compliant trucks are forced into London, as there are no other routes to get off of the M11 towards London, as advised previously only Loughton has an off and on ramp both towards London the trucks would go that way HE and EP do not care if TRUCK is compliant they jsut say move and expect vehicles to move…

“Exactly why/where would you need to go into Greater London to divert off the M25 ?.” what you said, I was advising that the M25/M11 would force a truck to go into london with no route off of the M11 until in the Vision. but as always you know best… so you win.

I’m not hard work what I’m saying could be bleedin useful information for avoiding road closures on the M25.

If you’re saying that you can’t leave the M11 at J7 going Southbound you’ll obviously have to leave it at junction 6 instead if you have to avoid London.

Why would junction 27 M25 be closed to M11 Northbound but not Southbound.

If you’re going clockwise on M25 again either leave at A10 Northbound and then use the A414 eastbound or use M11 Northbound and A 414 to 130 and then A13 for Dartford crossing.Or vice versa in the case of anti clockwise closure.

While I really don’t believe that anyone is going to get nicked by TFL for a non compliant truck in special circumstances which leave the M11 southbound from the M25 as the only option open.

We’ve already had near side cameras fitted and extra proximity sensors on the nearside, all new trailers should also be wired for extra proximity sensors down the nearside.

The problem is we run so many old and hired trailers that don’t have the proximity sensors, even the 3 shop trailers we had new have them but none of the units are wired up for them to work.

The other issue is we have at least 1 that the camera isn’t working on already and another that has a fogged up lens so can’t see jack out of it.

But the extra side window in the passenger doors seems to be a bit thing now but lots of trucks that still don’t have them fitted and not very likely to have them fitted anytime soon.