Technology

Smart dust, anyone?

youtu.be/eJ5a9LUgGv0

Stehinch:

Nite Owl:

Rikki-UK:
I was talking to a development engineer from a vehicle manufacturer couple weeks ago, the technology to automatically restrict a vehicles maximum speed to a speed limit and slow a vehicle down to that limit in a geographical area is simple compared to some of the technology that’s already out there… However there isn’t the willingness from the authorities to introduce such measures

Hang on Rikki, are you saying the authorities are happy for people to risk exceeding the speed limit despite the technology needed to prevent that happening being available? Why on earth would that be?

KERCHING!

Guys, sorry to jump in, there was something in the news related to this, as to who has culpability if the ai, or the machine. Screws up. That could be the reason it’s been held back.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

So what happens if radar19’s self parking e class dings another car or hits a pedestrian whilst self parking? This tech is here now and on our streets. Surely whatever legislation is in place to cover the self parking cars could be used to cover self speed limiting cars. ie the human bears all responsibility.

The tech that bothers me is the crap drivers willingly put in their cabs/cars/helmets…
So many fudgetards drive round with cameras actually on purpose… Their own privacy is apparently only worth any increase in cost from losing a ncb.

Give it a few years and we will all be walking round with cameras on our head which automatically uploads to facetube for own protection…
Seriously turning into some orwellian future.

Was driving behind a car driver that had a rear dash cam pointing at me… ■■■■■■ me right off.
P.s I drive a motorcycle daily and I do not recognise anyone who drives a motorcycle with a dashcam as a proper rider. Same goes for the yards that have those ‘polite’ high vis…

Was driving behind a car driver that had a rear dash cam pointing at me… ■■■■■■ me right off.
P.s I drive a motorcycle daily and I do not recognise anyone who drives a motorcycle with a dashcam as a proper rider. Same goes for the yards that have those ‘polite’ high vis…
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^
+1
the main ones that grind my grars are the horse riders with the same hi viz.
they might pretensiously imply it says police to fulfill some self imposed centre of pompus self importance,but surely every driver knows full well that the only animal with an ■■■■■■■ halfway up its back is a police horse… :open_mouth:

I run a rear facing camera in my own car too.

Couldn’t give a monkeys if it annoys anyone else, its there because even if you’re in a queue of vehicles and nowhere to go or even if you’re 20mph over the limit its now common to get someone aggressive usually in some German tat or a Zafira jammed right up yer chuff, so if that someone hits me up the arse, and seeing we have an increasing number of low lifes here likely to hit and run or to lie through their teeth claiming you reversed into them, i will have some footage to send my insurer and plod (not as the latter give a toss any more).

People aint wot they used to be, honour, integrity, a mans word, the once standard British sense of fair play etc are fast vanishing, so if you think you can carry on as if we’re still living in 1963 good luck to you.

No i’m not one of those saddos who uploads footage of other’s road misdemeanors to youfool, nor am i grass who would send it to the old bill (unless a hit and run accident or similar) to get a pat on the head, its there to protect me and mine.

Things have changed and changed forever in this country, the state is not your friend, the police are not there to prevent crime and protect the innocent any longer, you are on your own unless you are important enough that the state cannot leave you to the mercies of what is now out there.

Protecting you and your family and property as best you can is how it is from now on.

Juddian:
Things have changed and changed forever in this country, the state is not your friend, the police are not there to prevent crime and protect the innocent any longer, you are on your own unless you are important enough that the state cannot leave you to the mercies of what is now out there.

crimebodge.com/latest-videos/

Completely disagree Judd.

No doubt many feel the same though and if so why not immigrate to a better place? I wouldn’t want to live in the country you have described.
The only thing that has changed imo is fear mongering.

Sadly a lot has changed in our Countries ,some changes for the better, but if you live in a ZB HOLE PART, not so good. We have lost so many well paid steady blue collar jobs as well as good affordable housing.

Rikki-UK:
I was talking to a development engineer from a vehicle manufacturer couple weeks ago, the technology to automatically restrict a vehicles maximum speed to a speed limit and slow a vehicle down to that limit in a geographical area is simple compared to some of the technology that’s already out there… However there isn’t the willingness from the authorities to introduce such measures

I dare say most drivers would accept such measures, if they worked in a fashion that you could just put your foot to the floor, and the car would automatically adjust its maximum speed to the prevailing limit, so that drivers no longer needed to concentrate on moderating their speed, and only need to lift off when a hazard is detected (which is basically what wagon drivers do).

Rikki-UK:

a sort of speed limiter for cars; it would soon turn to utter chaos, folk driving at 55 on a country road then speeds up to 59 (as they do) when someone tries to pass, then the over-taker refusing to give in. Plenty wagon drivers struggle with the concept of limiters - the average plank in a car - could be very interesting.

Although I guess the real reason would be how would it be introduced. All new cars after a certain date? nobody would buy them and as the motor industry is such a massive part of our economy it could create some sort of recession, financial collapse.