Tacho, how did that happen

stevieboy308:
Written for 4.5, but the same [zb]

Tachos don’t record seconds, they just use seconds to determine how the whole calendar minute is recorded, on a 2nd gen you could drive 58 seconds and not record any driving, the last 29 seconds of a minute and the 1st 29 of the next minute. The majority activity in a minute is how the minute gets recorded

Your actual driving time is irrelevant, it’s only what the tacho says is driving time that matters.

You’re allowed to drive for 4:30, if the tacho says 4:30 then that’s what you’ve done and as you’re allowed to drive 4:30 then there’s no problem.

What happens sometimes is people park up on 4:30 and then once the clock flicks over onto the next minute the tacho calculates how to record that minute, so then a few seconds later if there was enough driving the the driving counter will flip onto 4:31, but if it stays on 4:30 after the clock has gone into the next minute then it isn’t an infringement regardless of whether the analysis company give you an infringement for it or not!

But what about the new supersmart DVSA software that detects (and results in drivers being busted for) driving a few seconds during a Break? Surely it’s “only what the tacho says is driving time that counts”…?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

robroy:

Rowley010:

robroy:

Rowley010:
Can’t believe your worried about this rob, tacho hours and odd minutes are all just trivial and not worth bothering about.

Just [zb] ed up my o/p trying to quote it and reply to you. :blush:

Have a read of Discoman’s post who has quoted it, …and next time read the post (very first paragraph) before replying to it, so you don’t make a ■■■■ of yourself. :unamused:
( as I just have messing up my O/P . :blush: :laughing: )

Oh sorry rob I never meant you to mess up your post. What a terrible shame :laughing:

I know you wrote that without me looking at the post again, but I reckon that’s just your cover up and you are actually bothered. Massively bothered and you won’t sleep tonight because of it

Dead right mate, I’m a nervous wreck sat here shaking and a shivering while sat watching the football in the pub, with my pork chop dinner, might even be too ■■■■ worried and preoccupied to go and get another pint. :open_mouth:
You parked up in a Godforsaken lay by Rowls by any chance, rockin and a rolling with your mirrors pulled in. :open_mouth:

Beep beep. Horse on driver.

Roymondo:

stevieboy308:
Written for 4.5, but the same [zb]

Tachos don’t record seconds, they just use seconds to determine how the whole calendar minute is recorded, on a 2nd gen you could drive 58 seconds and not record any driving, the last 29 seconds of a minute and the 1st 29 of the next minute. The majority activity in a minute is how the minute gets recorded

Your actual driving time is irrelevant, it’s only what the tacho says is driving time that matters.

You’re allowed to drive for 4:30, if the tacho says 4:30 then that’s what you’ve done and as you’re allowed to drive 4:30 then there’s no problem.

What happens sometimes is people park up on 4:30 and then once the clock flicks over onto the next minute the tacho calculates how to record that minute, so then a few seconds later if there was enough driving the the driving counter will flip onto 4:31, but if it stays on 4:30 after the clock has gone into the next minute then it isn’t an infringement regardless of whether the analysis company give you an infringement for it or not!

But what about the new supersmart DVSA software that detects (and results in drivers being busted for) driving a few seconds during a Break? Surely it’s “only what the tacho says is driving time that counts”…?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

“A break
A break is any period during which a driver may not carry out any driving or any other work and which is used exclusively for recuperation. A break may be taken in a moving vehicle, provided no other work is undertaken.”

If you’ve driven in a break then you’ve driven even if it not enough to add to the driving total and you’ve not used that time exclusively for recuperation, so you’ve not met the criteria for a break

robroy:

Rowley010:
Can’t believe your worried about this rob, tacho hours and odd minutes are all just trivial and not worth bothering about.

Just [zb] ed up my o/p trying to quote it and reply to you. :blush:

Have a read of Discoman’s post who has quoted it, …and next time read the post (very first paragraph) before replying to it, so you don’t make a ■■■■ of yourself. :unamused:
( as I just have messing up my O/P . :blush: :laughing: )

Don’t blame me, I am just trying to explain the benefits of in cab driver facing camera’s. You freely admit to running a minute over your time, so why please justify to why your TM should not review the footage■■?. it is only fair that, they can then call you in for a final warning? I suppose it is better than being shot at dawn. personally I think you should be sacked. as a defence you could say, you was on the M6 doing you’re duty by driving at 53 mph to help the environment and stop all other vehicles overtaking.