Surviving Cancer

boots:
Stay Strong all !!!
I was Unlucky enough to join the club last November.
Brain Tumour, and not too good at this stage,complications etc.
In for a fight for sure!
Have lost all my Car/Truck/Machinary Licences,In Australia I can re-apply for my car licence after 12 months of being Seizure Free,but no hope of ever regaining my MC(Multi Combination B Double-or any Truck Licence)
In hindsight I should have increased my Income Insurance premiums-but who expects or wants Cancer?
No warning signs,just felt unwell for a few days,took a Semi trailer to Geelong(Regional Town)and walked over the road to a shop for a newspaper and collapsed and awoke in an Ambulance.
No I wasn’t glued to my mobile phone 24/7 etc and Aircraft Contrails did not bring the Tumour on !LOL

Will be fighting till the end!

Don’t ever give up my friend. My first wife (we are long since divorced) was found to have two brain tumors, they could remove one but to remove the second would have caused permanent brain damage or death so they have left it in and give here radiotherapy, she has no idea that I even know about her condition, my kids keep me informed, she has been getting that treatment for almost 2 years now and it seems she is actually improving, in fact she has gone back to work recently. It just goes to show that all is not lost, stay strong.

Thanks Pat !
Gunna be a Rough ride ahead(Even worse than driving a Cabover 1980 Kenworth K120 bobtail!!!)

Any tips or advice very appreciated on what to look “Forward” to Lizzard, Thrustmaster and all,will update as well.

Have to be vigilent on minor things,I copped Pnuemonia(days in ICU
:frowning: ) and also a minor scratch on my leg that I didn’t even worry about putting a Band-Aid on sent me to ER in excruiciating pain,these delay and hinder treatment.Chemo commencing ,and as everyone is different and react likewise, it will be a wait and see how my body can handle it.

Had a Craniotomy(Basically a Black and Decker drill modified for Medical Use and scalp opened up) and was expected to recover in severe pain-with the associated headaches from the Tumour-and havn’t opened the box of pain killers given to me.
Every one is different.

But on a lighter side of this afflicition,I was informed that Tourettes Syndrom is a side affect,mmmmmm all Legal too!!!

Mr Police Officer ya f#*@ you $@^^#@,and ya ^%&) with—It’s OK as i have Tourettes!!!

Hi boots. Sorry to hear about your visit from the demon, hope all is going well and your slowly sticking your middle finger up to the ■■■■■■■■
Anyway just to say that every different form has its positives and it’s negatives and different types of do’s and don’t’s.
Now my surgeons told me about things to do and things not to do after my kidney cancer. I had the whole kidney out so now everything goes through just the 1 now so it’s working overtime which means draw backs.
The don’t’s are.
Don’t drink coffee
Don’t drink alcohol
Don’t drink fizzy drink
Don’t drink milk unless it’s full fat (blue top in the uk)
Don’t eat food that has blood in it
Examples, steak that’s not well done, black pudding.
The do’s are
Do drink tea (lots of)
Do drink water (lots of)
Do drink milk
Do eat more veg and salads
It’s all about finding out your do’s and don’t’s and also listening to others to see what works for them
The 1 massive draw back from mine is that I’m now allergic to egg and have to watch the ingredients list on everything.
Hope all goes well with you all that are currently suffering and I hope you all pull through. It’s a very emotional journey but we are all here to listen to you if you want an ear to bend.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4