Surprise surprise.... another wannabe.... with greying hair!

eagerbeaver:

iomex:
Don’t take the first agency you come across. The pay between them, between their temporary and full time positions is quite large. I’m paid a paltry £8.50/hr, but with the same agency, they’re offering £11/hr for a full time job.

Not being funny mate, but WTF are you doing driving trucks for £8.50 per hour? :neutral_face:

There will be many drivers in the South West working for less than £8.50 an hour, but if they didn’t do it Dimitri and Andrei would. The only way I found to get a decent rate was to be on a day rate, doing a 9 / 10 hour trunk run.

In my experience the further south west into Devon and Cornwall you were, the worse the rates were.

eagerbeaver:

iomex:
Don’t take the first agency you come across. The pay between them, between their temporary and full time positions is quite large. I’m paid a paltry £8.50/hr, but with the same agency, they’re offering £11/hr for a full time job.

Not being funny mate, but WTF are you doing driving trucks for £8.50 per hour? :neutral_face:

+1 that money is an insult! But I know what it’s like to be desperate, a few weeks ago I was traveling 27 miles each way to work night shift for 8.00 per hour. It takes the ■■■■. They can’t expect any loyalty for that rate. As soon as something better came along I dropped them like a hot potato.