Sun glasses

the maoster:
Heathens! If you’re going for the big three; location, poise and two fingers on your right hand on fire then I’m afraid only Oakley will do.

Similar to my old Addidas mirror lens sports type which I’ve had for more than 25 years.A bit dark for here but great in bright Italian and Alpine summer sun luckily they also fit fine behind my glasses in later years.They’re that good I usually end up looking like a Panda with dark tanned face and white patches.

I love Oakley wrap around so the sun doesn’t get me from the side

My ex husband agreed with Luke. Mirrored were fab for peering at women’s ■■■■■ without them noticing

Bigtruck3:
Trust me most people look stupid wearing sunglasses, it’s just trying so hard to look like someone you’re never going to look like no matter what, the mirror your looking into tells you lies all the time, they actually make most people look like simpletons that have a slow threshold of reality, they also cause accidents because the simpleton can not see as good and is more concerned about looking good, if you can’t drive without wearing sunglasses your in the wrong job, who sees you behind the wheel, talk about posers

Well aren’t you a barrel of laughs :smiley:

Bigtruck3:
Trust me most people look stupid wearing sunglasses, it’s just trying so hard to look like someone you’re never going to look like no matter what, the mirror your looking into tells you lies all the time, they actually make most people look like simpletons that have a slow threshold of reality, they also cause accidents because the simpleton can not see as good and is more concerned about looking good, if you can’t drive without wearing sunglasses your in the wrong job, who sees you behind the wheel, talk about posers

This applies to…

All the police forces around the world who wear shades whilst driving and the airline pilots who fly A380s across the planet does it?

muckles:

Goldfinger:
Old post revival warning!!!

Any update in the sunglasses department? Just gone a killed mine this week… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I’m still a fan of Serengeti’s, just replaced the pair I bought in 2007, obviously with another pair of Serengeti’s (not a lot wrong with the old pair, except the plastic bits have come off the the ear and the new pair is a better fit when wearing a crash helmet. But loads of other decent makes so like so many things it comes down to research and personal choice.

Serengetis, those are my Sunglasse of choice, but as I’ve broken 3 pairs, over the years, at £100 a go I now buy £10 pairs from Tesco/Asda.

Saying that I’ve bought some from Spain €20, that are polerized, multi-mirror, cat3, which are excellent,…

My Ray-Bans have been sat in a drawer for the last year. Reason being I wore contact lenses for many years but I managed to lose a lense and the opticians were wanting a fortune to replace it so I decided to bin them for the time being. I have a pair of designer reactolites which I really like. No more messing with contacts and they turn into sun glasses automatically. Perfect apart from the wife prefers me with contact lenses. Cheaper as well. :laughing:

Same Oakley frame for both prescription sunglasses and clear lense regular specs, albeit the regulars are varifocals, and the sunnies are single vision because the price of lightweight varifocal lenses is eye watering. Having the same frame means that if I damage the regulars while out in the road I can switch the frames/lenses

Since I started wearing vari focal glasses whilst driving, I’d put my shades on, and my vision was not as good.
So then I got a pair of prescription distance sunglasses, they were wrap around type, so still fairly trendy, only thing is I had to change them if reading something or texting on phone.
So last time at opticians I got a pair of vari focal sunglasses made, not wrap around, but which still tick all the boxes, …including maintaining my ‘Cool status’ :laughing: :unamused:

yourhavingalarf:

Bigtruck3:

This applies to…

All the police forces around the world who wear shades whilst driving and the airline pilots who fly A380s across the planet does it?

And us (fly) fishermen! Slightest gust of wind and the fly is in your eye! Was the first tip I was given when I started fly fishing…

Also now took up kayak fishing. And when you’re out there too, it’s blindingly bright!!!

It’s called reaction lenses :wink:

Goldfinger:

yourhavingalarf:

Bigtruck3:

This applies to…

And us (fly) fishermen! Slightest gust of wind and the fly is in your eye! Was the first tip I was given when I started fly fishing…

Also now took up kayak fishing. And when you’re out there too, it’s blindingly bright!!!

Wow!
What breaking strain lime do you use when kayak fishing?
Sorry, channelling Milton Jones.

Franglais:

Goldfinger:

yourhavingalarf:

Bigtruck3:

This applies to…

Wow!

Shouldn’t that be J.R. Hartley?

Franglais:

This is the funniest reply on this thread, didn’t realise you had such a good sense of humor.

muckles:

Goldfinger:

Any update in the sunglasses department? Just gone a killed mine this week… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

I’m still a fan of Serengeti’s, just replaced the pair I bought in 2007, obviously with another pair of Serengeti’s (not a lot wrong with the old pair, except the plastic bits have come off the the ear and the new pair is a better fit when wearing a crash helmet. But loads of other decent makes so like so many things it comes down to research and personal choice.

Hey muckles I know you be fraaaam norfaaaalk but what bit of plastic fell off your ear that you needed new sunglasses to wear same crash helmet? :smiley:
Back to the original post best pair I’ve ever bought were £1from the bargain bin at Asda. Had them years no scratches got all the UV etc as had them checked for such by optician.

Beau Nydel:

muckles:

Goldfinger:

Hey muckles I know you be fraaaam norfaaaalk but what bit of plastic fell off your ear that you needed new sunglasses to wear same crash helmet? :smiley:

:laughing: never heard of a prosthetic ear, :open_mouth: Very handy for my weekend job as a Van Gogh impersonator :laughing:

Back to painting houses whilst on furlough then-sorry that was Turner wasn’t it :slight_smile: ?

AndieHyde:

Franglais:

Goldfinger:

Bigtruck3:

Wow!

Shouldn’t that be J.R. Hartley?
[/quote]

He makes Jam.

The most laudable time is when you see people wearing their sunglasses in the winter and thinking they look cool, it takes so little to self impress ones self
Do i look like tom cruise in top gun or what, i would think the or what would come first to mind, although saying that you have a lot of people wearing sunglasses because they don’t have any confidence or lack the basic attitude to be themselves, so the sunglasses give them power, super powers to be who they never will be, posers in disguise

switchlogic:

Santa:

switchlogic:
My beloved mirrored aviators! Yes they are a bit ‘look at me’ but that’s me! They are also great for ogling hotties

Hotties who are thinking - “What a prat”…:slight_smile:

To be fair the only people who take the ■■■■ out of my sunglasses are fat middle aged truck drivers who look like they dressed in in the dark, not really my type :wink: I have however had a surprising number of people compliment them and ask where I got them. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it, fatty :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: