Stobarts ......... ffs

keebs26uk:
I dont like Gok Wan does that mean Im jealous of his gayness and that I might want to be the same as him ? :unamused:

Well there is the therory that those who are most vocal about how much they hate Gay men are using it to hide thier hommoseual tedencies.

Hey but it’s only a therory, not implying anything. really I’m not :laughing:

And Isn’t Gok Wan the bloke who get women to prance around naked?
Might try that line myself, no really you can prance around naked near me I’m not really interested. Oh! Do you mind if I film you while you do it? :laughing:

It can only be jealousy and the fact that people on internet forums seem to start a new Stobart thread every day. The business model is a credit to Andrew Tinkler, the previous owner Edward Stobart has absolutely nothing to do with Eddie Stobart or the Stobart Group.

Any large transport group will have it’s fair share of tossers, DHL, Wincanton, Norbert Dentressangle, Maritime and Van den Bosch both in the planning office and in the lorries.

Did Eddie Stobart Ltd run for nothing and make money from warehousing for 40 years. I wish I had thought of that one!

I went for a job and didn’t get it, the new age transport companies do not want dinosaurs :stuck_out_tongue:

Well said Wheelnut

bubsy06:
Erm yes. Why would someone be jealous of a firm that puts people out of business, dresses drivers up like elves for £7 an hour and has a fanbase of creatures from jim hensons creature shop?

:open_mouth: I had to read that bit twice. I thought you’d put " dresses drivers up like elvis". I had visions of 'em sauntering across the truck park in a white suit covered in rhinestones, sporting a pair of sideburns and wearing shades!.

id say malc is spot on with this

It can only be jealousy and the fact that people on internet forums seem to start a new Stobart thread every day. The business model is a credit to Andrew Tinkler, the previous owner Edward Stobart has absolutely nothing to do with Eddie Stobart or the Stobart Group.

Any large transport group will have it’s fair share of tossers, DHL, Wincanton, Norbert Dentressangle, Maritime and Van den Bosch both in the planning office and in the lorries.

Did Eddie Stobart Ltd run for nothing and make money from warehousing for 40 years. I wish I had thought of that one!

i cant see the problem with stobart to me it seems the bigger you are it makes you an easiar target for folk to have a pop at ya,i know some very good experianced drivers on for stobart and if they were a crap firm that paid crap money they wouldnt work for stobart

the previous owner Edward Stobart has absolutely nothing to do with Eddie Stobart or the Stobart Group.

Eddie was the brains behind it in the 80s with a guy called Rob Beatty, william was just a driver…

TerryDactyl.:

bubsy06:
Erm yes. Why would someone be jealous of a firm that puts people out of business, dresses drivers up like elves for £7 an hour and has a fanbase of creatures from jim hensons creature shop?

:open_mouth: I had to read that bit twice. I thought you’d put " dresses drivers up like elvis". I had visions of 'em sauntering across the truck park in a white suit covered in rhinestones, sporting a pair of sideburns and wearing shades!.

Lmao, im sure the stobart drivers would wear anything as long as its got the stobart label.

I dont like Gok Wan does that mean Im jealous of his gayness and that I might want to be the same as him ? :unamused:

No, just jealous that women take their clothes off when he says so, and he gets to ■■■■■ their ■■■■… :laughing:

flat to the mat:
Must be new to the game fella.Do some homework on "the green death"and you’ll find out why they are despised,to say the least.If feeling particularly brave you might ask some owner drivers what their opinions are.

Some of us had no choice in the matter it just happened. I haven’t changed its just my uniform that as

Having watched the TV programmes the one thing that comes to mind is PROFFESIONAL!!! Compared to my current employer,to the point where i went on there web site looking for a job!!!

They thrive on the image, it gets noticed and therefore brings in big clients the same way the company i work for does. Nowadays big corporate clients don’t want dirty or scruffy trucks delivering their goods, they don’t want scruffy looking drivers turning up on their customers doorsteps. We have the ■■■■ taken out of us because we have to have shiny boots but at the end of the day its all part of the image. We’re the only courier company that is allowed to deliver through the front door of Harrods, that’s how much the image means to some people.
As someone said of course they take business off the smaller companies, that’s how it works. I for one am glad i work for the biggest in the industry, its strict, its hard work but i at least have job security.

Why only target Stobarts ■■?
DHL, Wincanton, Norbert etc, are doing the exact same regarding rate cuts and job loses.

The driving game as we used to know it has has gone now.
You either adapt, or move on outwith. :cry:

I can’t see the issue either. Done a few shifts with chilled and it was enough to make me put an application in. Most of the blokes are friendly and helpful, and even the office staff are reasonably polite. And the wagons always are in good nick (one of the worst things about doing agency is putting up with the heaps of crap that some co’s want you to drive). Have they had some sharp business practices? Maybe, but others probably have as well. How would I know? I just drive the trucks.

Stobarts supply top notch uniform, from beanie hats and baseball caps winter coats, fleeces, decent shirts, etc etc etc, not many Co’s now a days supply the amount that Stobarts do.

Dont care what people think, I like working alongside em, esp with some of the crumpet that works in Widnes…

muckles:

keebs26uk:

Well there is the therory that those who are most vocal about how much they hate Gay men are using it to hide thier hommoseual tedencies.

Hey but it’s only a therory, not implying anything. really I’m not :laughing:

And Isn’t Gok Wan the bloke who get women to prance around naked?
Might try that line myself, no really you can prance around naked near me I’m not really interested. Oh! Do you mind if I film you while you do it? :laughing:

No its just annoying the gay act, cant stand gays who put the whole gay girl act on :unamused:

Muckaway:

No, just jealous that women take their clothes off when he says so, and he gets to ■■■■■ their ■■■■… :lol:

Now you might have a point there though :laughing:
It is funny how women dont care at all if a gay gropes them :smiley:

In view of the prolonged cold weather Stobbarts have now introduced new regulation headwear, the bonus being it gives employees 4 ears instead of 2. This being an invaluable aid for picking up covert information which can instantly be beamed back to HQ via the inbuilt ariel. The discreet nature of the new headgear means Stobbarts will be able to penetrate into area’s where man’s not been before (well, some have :open_mouth: ). Secret trials were carried out last winter by a one of Stobbarts test pilots (Mr S. Claus), Mr Claus carried out extensive tests and apart from being arrested at south mimms services for behaving ‘oddly’ in the toilets the tests were concluded a success.

Fastrantiger:
In view of the prolonged cold weather Stobbarts have now introduced new regulation headwear, the bonus being it gives employees 4 ears instead of 2. This being an invaluable aid for picking up covert information which can instantly be beamed back to HQ via the inbuilt ariel. The discreet nature of the new headgear means Stobbarts will be able to penetrate into area’s where man’s not been before (well, some have :open_mouth: ). Secret trials were carried out last winter by a one of Stobbarts test pilots (Mr S. Claus), Mr Claus carried out extensive tests and apart from being arrested at south mimms services for behaving ‘oddly’ in the toilets the tests were concluded a success.

see why would,nt you want to work for them with gear like that …? thats top notch that is… :sunglasses:

Deepinvet:

the previous owner Edward Stobart has absolutely nothing to do with Eddie Stobart or the Stobart Group.

Eddie was the brains behind it in the 80s with a guy called Rob Beatty, william was just a driver…

If its the same Rob Beatty I know, you couldn’t wish for a nicer chap. Known him for many years now…Hi Bertty BT…lol

I am not knocking the drivers at Stobbies,but did anyone the notice the driver leaning on the steering wheel while filming for the 6 part Tv documentary.Can anyone say if that was William`s own black helicopter or a visiting one to the site.Its my own opinion,but with a film crew around,there was a lot of drivers smoking while at their loading/offloading sites.(Not knocking smokers,either.),and why did the commentator have to mention that William could not read and write in one of the TV documentaries.Thought the lady driver with the pink Golf car did ace when reversing on a blind spot to get in to a factory,well done on her.

Arfa:

flat to the mat:
Must be new to the game fella.Do some homework on "the green death"and you’ll find out why they are despised,to say the least.If feeling particularly brave you might ask some owner drivers what their opinions are.

Some of us had no choice in the matter it just happened. I haven’t changed its just my uniform that as

Ditto comrade :smiley: ALL companies have the nobs