Starting a lorry company in Lebanon, driving into EU/UK

hutpik:
You seem to be under a misapprehension about the people who answer your queries.I have been driving trucks to the Middle East from the UK and Holland since 1972 so am not so naive as you seem to Think about the so called [zb] hole countries,also i lived for 2 years in Afghanistan.
You keep on about permits for Europé. First you have to start a Company.Depending on where the Company and truck is registered will depend on what permits you get and how easy.All countries have different agreements with Europe regarding the transport of goods.If you are starting a Company in Lebanon then Lebanon is the authority who will issue permits for transport to Europe via their reciprocal agreements with other countries.
Driving a Lebanese registered truck to Europe will not be as easy as you Think due to politics,however irrelevant you may think they are.

Thank you! So, which organisation in Lebanon issues this? Would it be the same one that issues Carnets and IDPs, or someone else? Do you have a number or website?

How would i know that.It is you who has all the family and friends in that area.I assume you also speak Arabic so it would be much simpler for you to Contact people within the area in which you are contemplating starting a business who will be required to help you later in any case.

I think Hutpik is probably right about applying for your permits from Lebanon. That’s how it works in the UK.

There are dozens of old campaigners on this forum who used to drive lorries to countries all over the Middle East (Hutpik and me included). However, from what I remember you couldn’t transit Lebanon loaded with goods for another country; you could only take a lorry in if it was loaded for Lebanon - and IIRC you could transit empty. So only a fraction of ‘Middle-Easters’ will have first-hand experience of running lorries in and out of Lebanon.

I’ve never ever seen Lebanese-registered lorries outside the Arabian Peninsula and North Africa.

Incidentally, I have been to Lebanon as a tourist and loved it!

Cheers, Robert

robert1952:
I think Hutpik is probably right about applying for your permits from Lebanon. That’s how it works in the UK.

There are dozens of old campaigners on this forum who used to drive lorries to countries all over the Middle East (Hutpik and me included). However, from what I remember you couldn’t transit Lebanon loaded with goods for another country; you could only take a lorry in if it was loaded for Lebanon - and IIRC you could transit empty. So only a fraction of ‘Middle-Easters’ will have first-hand experience of running lorries in and out of Lebanon.

I’ve never ever seen Lebanese-registered lorries outside the Arabian Peninsula and North Africa.

Cheers, Robert

Thank you so much for your reply.

What would one do for the CPC and tachos though if we are loading a truck full of Hummus or lamb (for Shawarma) or hookah coals to take to the UK, and to return with, car parts, or something that we can bring out of the UK on return trips (we can drop off stuff from the UK destined for Turkey, then load up the truck with goods to take from Turkey to Lebanon, in Turkey, right?)

I will ask some guys right now. My friend is a fireman, his friends used to drive to Turkey. Not sure if they’ll be able to help with EU-related stuff.

Also, off topic, I see that there are ferries that connect Far Eastern Russia to Japan, and Japan to South Korea. Why aren’t truckers driving to South Korea (I understand the DPRK is closed, hence the ferry from Japan) if they drive longer distances to MENA? Would it be cheaper (time taken into consideration) to drive to South Korea with a load, than to send it by boat?

420weblazeit:

robert1952:

Cheers, Robert

Thank you so much for your reply.

What would one do for the CPC and tachos though if we are loading a truck full of Hummus or lamb (for Shawarma) or hookah coals to take to the UK, and to return with, car parts, or something that we can bring out of the UK on return trips (we can drop off stuff from the UK destined for Turkey, then load up the truck with goods to take from Turkey to Lebanon, in Turkey, right?)

I will ask some guys right now. My friend is a fireman, his friends used to drive to Turkey. Not sure if they’ll be able to help with EU-related stuff.

Also, off topic, I see that there are ferries that connect Far Eastern Russia to Japan, and Japan to South Korea. Why aren’t truckers driving to South Korea (I understand the DPRK is closed, hence the ferry from Japan) if they drive longer distances to MENA? Would it be cheaper (time taken into consideration) to drive to South Korea with a load, than to send it by boat?

I would have thought that any lorry arriving in EU from outside would have to be EU compliant, so it would need to be fitted with a tacho and meet all EU regulations. Drivers would need to hold LGV licences that are recognised and accepted in the EU as valid truckers’ documents.

As for those other sea crossings you mention: long crossings make little sense with lorries. You might just as well send the goods as deck cargo.

Cheers,

Robert

Thank you Robert :slight_smile:

So these drivers pass their tests all over again in an EU state and get a CPC? This is what Moroccans, Azeris do?

Thank you,

I’m beginning to Think this must be a wind up.This guy seems to have no idea of how to start a business or any clue about buying and running a truck.He seems to have no idea about what is required in the country where he is planning to start the business.His only concern seems to be about permits and tachos.First get a business started with all the paperwork and the same for a truck.
To Think about putting a Maroccan driver on a Lebanese truck running from Middle East to UK.That should be interesting at borders.

hutpik:
I’m beginning to Think this must be a wind up.This guy seems to have no idea of how to start a business or any clue about buying and running a truck.He seems to have no idea about what is required in the country where he is planning to start the business.His only concern seems to be about permits and tachos.First get a business started with all the paperwork and the same for a truck.
To Think about putting a Moroccan driver on a Lebanese truck running from Middle East to UK.That should be interesting at borders.

You should nickname yourself King of Assumptions. At no point did I suggest that I would use a Moroccan driver for Lebanese trucks heading into Europe. At no point did I ask about how to start a business (I am a business admin student) nor how to run a truck. I have no idea about what is required to run a truck company but registering a company in Lebanon is the least of my worries.

I want to make sure that Lebanese registered trucks can even enter Europe, and you, you, not the other members are making this stuff difficult.
Yes, my concern is about permits and tachos.

I have found pictures of British:

French:

Slovenian:

…tachograph cards, but these do not exist for Lebanon.

I have asked a friend, will wait and get back with his response.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: This thread gets better and better! :laughing:

It`s all Hupiks fault!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

It will be interesting to see him getting contacts/backloads with such a charming and pleasant approach.

kjw21:
It will be interesting to see him getting contacts/backloads with such a charming and pleasant approach.

I’m a straight forward guy. I asked about permits, got people’s (some who did drive to those ends, some who didn’t) opinions instead. I hope all will be well :wink:

I’m off to ''sort meself out again,i keep gettin bullied by Bullitt.

hutpik:

Aww. Hope you get well soon. :grimacing:

The only Middle-East / North Africa countries to send lorries to EU/UK that I know of were Morocco and Iran; and I haven’t seen lorries here from either of those countries for many years. Even in Turkey I don’t remember seeing anything other than Iranians from the far borders. robert

To summarise…

A person of Russian parentage, born and raised in London. Used to play a truck driving computer game when he /she was a kid.

Wants to set him / her self up as an import - export agent/ transport company based in Lebanon.

This individual “knows people” in Lebanon and knows “drivers who know drivers” (what ever that means) in Turkey.

Has friends and family in Syria and indeed, “I am friends with the government and can secure any permits if the need arises.” Friends in high places indeed!!

He / she has a friend who is a Fireman (so do I! :wink: ) and this Fireman`s friends also used to drive to Turkey (so did one of mine! :wink: ) and is “Not sure if they’ll be able to help with EU-related stuff”. To be honest, the Fireman probably wouldn’t!, its not really covered in the Home Office training material to be a Fire Fighter :wink:

Oh, and Hutpik, freezing his nads off up in Northern Scandinavia…“You should nickname yourself King of Assumptions”!! :laughing:
It`s still your fault!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

hutpik:

:laughing: :laughing: :wink:

And in the 70s the Afghans and a few Jordanians.I Think now that the logistics\paperwork\visas etc have just about rendered that unviable.
Robert,go to the uk forum on the sssshhhh site there is an academic question for u. :wink: thanks
Iv’e got a friend who is a fireman,maybe we can start a club.I know its all my fault,thats why i came up here as a second hand asylum seeker,i’m too White to get in as a real one.

Hutpik, most of my inspiration is from seeing old photos from the 60s-80s. But my curiosity spiked when I saw an Iranian truck recently in Dover. I thought, if Iran is hit with sanctions, and its’ drivers can come here, so must the Lebanese be able to.

Syria is sanctioned. Lebanon isn’t…

Yes, my friends are well based in Syria, can get any transit permits if they are needed, but they aren’t.

LMFAO @ fireman not being able to help. I did say it was his friend who was a truck driver, who used to drive from Lebanon to Turkey, via Syria (pre-2010 war) and not him

I know its all my fault

I’m glad you are beginning to wake up.

thats why i came up here as a second hand asylum seeker

Is that a reference to me? Lol, my parents and grandparents are citizens and came to the UK legally. Top kek

Are you Swedish-Swedish, or the new definition of ‘Swedish’? Like, are you from Malmo, or from Stockholm?

As it happens the post was directed at Bullitt not you.
As to what i am,i am born and bred in England.I chose however to live for many years in other places such as Holland [30yrs]Oman[1yr],Afghanistan[2yrs]Canada [1yr]and now 10yrs here in Lappland.I came here for the Beauty of the country and the niceness of the people and consider it a good Place to grow old.
I fail to understand what is meant by ‘‘new Swedish’’ unless you mean all the asylum folk which have permeated the whole of Europé.
A Swede is still a Swede,except up here where they are more Lappi and Sami and Finn mix.

hutpik:
To Think about putting a Maroccan driver on a Lebanese truck running from Middle East to UK.That should be interesting at borders.

Don’t doubt yourself I’m starting to smell a ■■■■ take here