Start a new job next week

DAF95XF:

tmcassett:

DAF95XF:

Carryfast:
Please say that the ‘fridge’ work wasn’t mostly palletised, full load, distance work. :open_mouth:

A mix of local drops and longer drops, sometimes on the back with a pump truck sometimes on a bay…
Why do you have to turn things into a negative thing?

Because he’s an idiot that has no clue and thinks that every single job out there now requires you to be “a labourer” or do “warehouse duties” and believes that doing anything other than sitting behind the steering wheel is a heinous crime.

True, he definitely wouldn’t have liked one of the jobs I’ve had driving a 7.5tonner for Miele delivering white goods and fitting them, sometimes up 5 flights of stairs without a lift (have to admit it was a good job).
I only lost the 7.5tonner when it got written off in an accident and I got upgraded to an 18tonner and no home deliveries :laughing: :laughing:

Exactly, in this Industry you can get jobs that vary from nothing but straight A-B trunking with no load interaction to full trailer handball and everything in between depending on your personal preference.

adam277:
Lol I actually disagree with Carryfast. Too many drivers feel like there only job should be driving. I’ve been to collections in which I had to handball a full trailer by hand which took well over 2 hours. Then I’d have to go back to the depot and unload it.

This. Too many think their responsibilities end when out of the driving seat. For as many one hit fridge loads to Italy or Hungary Ive done ten city centre butcher shops where you have to unload by hand. And even in Hungary case despite delivering to a gigantic Coke Cola plant in Budapest we had to get in back with pallet truck

adam277:
Actually when I was a warehouse guy. I often had truck drivers come and help me unload. Not because they had to. But they wanted to. Maybe they wanted to chat, or just a little bored. Maybe they wanted exercise. Who knows.

Yes for me I always see it as great exercise

Every job I have had has needed some input from me, the driver, whether that is tipping a silo, a liquid tanker, a parcel lorry or a tilt. Our job description on parcels was C&D which means Carry and Deliver.

Drivers don’t have to catch 8 or16 stone sacks off an elevator these days, nor chuck two 30x20 sheets on top of a load,

We have never had it so easy as drivers, H&S has helped us, although it seems like a pain in the arse sometimes. :stuck_out_tongue:

DAF95XF:
True, he definitely wouldn’t have liked one of the jobs I’ve had driving…

Same here, despite the fact he thinks I’m sort of trucking elite leading a charmed life of luxury :smiley: