Standard questions circa 40 years ago

Wouldn’t get out of bed for less than £3.75 an hour.

Best dolly knot combination.

■■■■■■■■! What is it and where can I find one.

What mag do you pretend to be looking at when going for top shelf.

Just started roadworks again on the M6.

I’m looking for my dad…
[empties this forum everytime].

Tutting at young folk, what’s the best method.

Isn’t it nice how car drivers give us respect.

Yfronts or these new fangled boxers.

My son wants an office job, is he a homosexual.

The wife has asked to leave the kitchen, is she having an affair.

How do I get 5th wheel grease off me tallywacker.

eddie snax:
Hi I’m looking at port traction. Which is the best light board, will I need to have my own 50 ft lead,

Which is better trailer hand brake, ratchet, or winding screw.

Will I need my own 14mm spanner for the tailer brakes.

Why do 20ft skelly have a piece of wire from the middle of each rear lamp.

Why is the TIR cord all knotted at either end !!

Why do tilt trailer have a big space between the rear axles.

9/16 spanner for the trailer brakes lol

What’s the best type of kindling for starting a fire under the diesel tank? [emoji15]

Will sleeper cabs mean problems for driver’s digs?
No, mate not in our life time! Digs and transport cafes will be here for years to come. Just think, you’d freeze in a cab in the winter.

I’m getting a pay rise soon, should I invest in a pension?
No, the Government will look after you. But if you do get a big rise then ten bob a week into the Pru should get a twenty pound a week pension and that’ll really help you out.

Is it really necessary to check wheel nuts daily or can I just “crack 'em up” weekly?
What’s a torque wrench?

Is it true that there’s plans to build a motorway outside the London circular roads?
Yes, mate. But it’ll be a waste of time: take too long to get around it, so we’ll just nip over Tower Bridge to get to t’other side.

How many books of Green Shield Stamps to buy one of those red glowing watch things?

Is it true that there’s plans to close the Lorry Parks in London?
Course not. They know that they need us to keep the city moving. You’ll be believing those rumours about the King George docks closing next! What’d they do with them if they closed? Who’d wanna live or work in the old docklands? Never.

I saw a lorry with only two airlines the other day. Where is his blue line? Strange seeing just two air lines with the electric suzy.

Do you always lock your cab when going into a cafe?
No. Nothing worth nicking in the cab. Just my small suitcase with shaving brush, clean undies, and bib’n’brace overalls.

Seen that James Bond film? Some gizmo lets the spies track where a car is. A bit like radar I s’pose?
Yeah, futuristic mumbo jumbo. Just like long distance mobile radio. Never happen for lorries.

How often should I change the alcohol in the glass bowl behind the cab to dry the air in the winter?

Is it true you can get high on “Easy Start” ? And is cheaper than whisky?

Why are bridge heights marked in feet’n’inches? I thought we were going metric ten years ago, back the sixties?

I’ve heard rumours of a fourth TV channel. Will I be able to receive it on my 3inch screen B&W portable TV?

What are these expensive plimsolls teenagers are wearing for? Train shoes??
They’ll never catch on. Can’t beat a pair of leather soled ex army boots for work.

I’ve been given an Atki with a Gardner and Allison box. No clutch pedal. Will these new lorries be the future?

Will power steering be on all new lorries now? Is it responsible for drivers wearing out the steer axle tyres?

I’m thinking of changing jobs. Is B.R.S. a safe bet?
Yes mate. Job for life. Just like British Leyand or British Rail.

Franglais:
Will sleeper cabs mean problems for driver’s digs?
No, mate not in our life time! Digs and transport cafes will be here for years to come. Just think, you’d freeze in a cab in the winter.

I’m getting a pay rise soon, should I invest in a pension?
No, the Government will look after you. But if you do get a big rise then ten bob a week into the Pru should get a twenty pound a week pension and that’ll really help you out.

Is it really necessary to check wheel nuts daily or can I just “crack 'em up” weekly?
What’s a torque wrench?

Is it true that there’s plans to build a motorway outside the London circular roads?
Yes, mate. But it’ll be a waste of time: take too long to get around it, so we’ll just nip over Tower Bridge to get to t’other side.

How many books of Green Shield Stamps to buy one of those red glowing watch things?

Is it true that there’s plans to close the Lorry Parks in London?
Course not. They know that they need us to keep the city moving. You’ll be believing those rumours about the King George docks closing next! What’d they do with them if they closed? Who’d wanna live or work in the old docklands? Never.

I saw a lorry with only two airlines the other day. Where is his blue line? Strange seeing just two air lines with the electric suzy.

Do you always lock your cab when going into a cafe?
No. Nothing worth nicking in the cab. Just my small suitcase with shaving brush, clean undies, and bib’n’brace overalls.

Seen that James Bond film? Some gizmo lets the spies track where a car is. A bit like radar I s’pose?
Yeah, futuristic mumbo jumbo. Just like long distance mobile radio. Never happen for lorries.

How often should I change the alcohol in the glass bowl behind the cab to dry the air in the winter?

Is it true you can get high on “Easy Start” ? And is cheaper than whisky?

Why are bridge heights marked in feet’n’inches? I thought we were going metric ten years ago, back the sixties?

I’ve heard rumours of a fourth TV channel. Will I be able to receive it on my 3inch screen B&W portable TV?

What are these expensive plimsolls teenagers are wearing for? Train shoes??
They’ll never catch on. Can’t beat a pair of leather soled ex army boots for work.

I’ve been given an Atki with a Gardner and Allison box. No clutch pedal. Will these new lorries be the future?

Will power steering be on all new lorries now? Is it responsible for drivers wearing out the steer axle tyres?

I’m thinking of changing jobs. Is B.R.S. a safe bet?
Yes mate. Job for life. Just like British Leyland or British Rail.

Excellent Franglais

A tyre fitter tried to rip me off and sell me all new wheels. Said I wouldn’t need tubes in the tyres. He must’ve thought I came down in the last shower.

Looking for some advice. I’ve to pick up 12 ton of gollywog badges on Monday morning to take to the Robinson’s jam factory, anyone know what time they close/go on strike?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Me when I walked into transport managers office and asked if any jobs going ?

Now lad…

Can you rope and sheet ?..Er no
Can you drive an artic ?..Er no
Can you drive an Eaton twin splitter 27 gear road ranger with double overdrive and 2 speed rear axle ? Er no
Can you change a flat tyre ? Er no
Can you find your way around London ?..Er no
Can you start tomorrow morning ? Er yes.
Great, we’ll see you then lad.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Any body know where i can get one of those ■■■■■■■■■ rubber bands to hold my trailer number plate on? My mate said make your own from an inner tube this cant be true can it?