Standard questions circa 40 years ago

jsutherland:
Can’t find the heater switch. Mind you I’m not 100% sure if it has one and I did see some blankets in the cab…
There’s a rumour doing the rounds about a new invention. A heater that also works when one is parked up. Mind you, I would be happy to have any heater that works. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Why are drivers flashing only the left spotlight at me? :open_mouth: Are they trying to tell me something? I often see a police car not long afterwards. Just wondering :blush:

Why are drivers waving a Tachograph card at me and lo and behold Ministry Man is there waiting for his next victim - sorry customer :smiley:

> caledoniandream:
> I need to go into Germany, will I fill out a “Tankschein” or shall I only take 200ltr?

Don’t forget when you’re leaving Germany to run your tank down and then fill out the form like: “our hundert liter” in words then '/00’ in numerals

Then when its stamped up, using the same pen change it to “Four hundert liter” in words then '400’ in numerals - works every time

My new motor has not got a tap on the air suzies, how am I going to syphon diesel across to one of our other motors now?
When I put the red line in my tank now with a pipe, and a rag over the top to keep the air in nothing happens, as the air no longer comes out when you remove the red line. :neutral_face:
I wish they wouldn’t ■■■■ change things, not only that, but it also hasn’t got a blue line either. :open_mouth:

Anyone know what the hell a spring brake is■■?

Has anyone used the Channel Tunnel yet?

Paul

sonflowerinwales:

Paul

the what ?
Channel tunnel building didn’t start till 1987(30years ago) [emoji6]
Do wake up at the back

blue estate:

sonflowerinwales:

Paul

the what ?
Channel tunnel building didn’t start till 1987(30years ago) [emoji6]
Do wake up at the back

That was the new tunnel, the first one was dug in 1882

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonflowerinwales:

Paul

Must be a newbie :unamused: :laughing:
Rotherhithe Blackwall Dartford tunnels in the South and Birkenhead in the NW and Tyne tunnel in the NE 40+years ago

Saw a driver with only 2 air lines connected to his trailer…shall i grass him up… :smiley:
whats the stairs like in dover…are they busy on a sunday night ?
So i said to the customs in dover, its alright mate, ill put the seal on my belly tank. :wink:
my motor does 90 mph…its got a coach diff in it. :smiley:
wish these agency drivers wouldnt put the ropes and sheets on my bed!!
Whats a fly sheet…and does it keep the flies away.
Got one of those mozzie burners they really work.
how dya join Le Routiers club ■■
anyone got any string, my mirrors keep flapping about on my Thames Trader
guess what i saw today…a sedak with a sleeper pod on the back.
Got a new motor tomorrow, its got a fuller roadranger in it…any tips??
Anyone want to swap a set of wheelnut trims…for a colonel bogey airhorn…ha ha
bought one of those purple lights for the windscreen…it really stops headlamp dazzle…?
Saw a driver in dover with a tilt and a daycab…said he was going to the middle east…he wasnt lying…it had a TIR plate on the front…lol
where can i get some new tilt rubbers…sides are flapping a bit, even though the tir cord is in place…
is it possible to have a pony under a spread axle…ha ha

thats all for now folks.

Does the Woolwich Ferry do duty free?
And I’ve squandered all me overnight money on drink; does anyone know
a Shell garage in South London that does a decent bit of fiddle?

I’ve heard some rumours that Brittany has a new boat with Driver’s Dining Room. Does this mean we’re going to be kicked out of the 1st Class Restaurant? At least they aren’t going to start charging us for food.
P&O Portsmouth have put their Drivers Vouchers up to 6quid/60 francs now. You still get the same 2 meals with wine and choice of litre of booze/200 ■■■■ with it.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I have got some nice straight Yugo permits if anyone is interested…

Boss, where’s the fuel gauge?

On the fuel tank where its always been!

Boss the inside tyres don`t touch the road,why is that :question: :question: Not loaded enough put some more weight on they will then. :imp: :smiling_imp:

I heard there’s a new firm called eddie stobarts up north some where who’s busy rate cutting, they wont last 5 minutes :smiley:

Whats a john bull outfit used for :wink:
Whats a Laufzettel ?
is it true a CMR stands for Chauffeurs must rest
is it true T.I.R. stands for `Transports International Routier
Got stopped by the ministry…he asked where my tachos were, i told him…the M1-M6 and M62…he looked so pleased…but asked me why, i said its cheaper than getting nicked for over hours and no breaks…much better to get nicked for no records…ha ha he let me go.
Why do M/E drivers stock up with carton after carton of Marlboro ?
I had 3 boards missing from the back of my tilt, when the Germans asked me to open up…they got drenched…had to pay to clean their uniforms…i couldnt stop laughing…but got away with a full belly of cherry, and 2 running tanks full…ha ha had a top tank that was nearly empty though…PHEW !!

I leave school next year, wouldn’t mind driving lorries. See Atlas Express and Scottish and Newcastle lorries going through the village leaving tyre marks on the bridge corner in the warm evenings. Looks so exciting being on the road going somewhere not just stuck here.
Get on one of those tidy Stewarts of Blairgowrie Scanias you see at the slaughterhouse. Go to London!

How do you become a lorry driver?

Just been stuck on the new M6 for at least 2mins. Can anyone recommend a different route. These tailbacks are awful. 10s of vehicles in the que

Why is the speed limit 100mph at 32 tons on the M5 Bristol to Brum from 22:00 to 06:00
Yet only 40mph on the A12 to Felixtowe 24 hrs a day ■■

Why is there no weight limit on the A12 to Felixtowe
Yet Max 32 tons but no speed limit on the A2 to Dover?