Smoking

I quit about 6 years ago, used patches for the first 2 weeks, then went lukewarm turkey!, best move i ever made, I feel better now than i did when i was 30. I can breathe properly, taste, smell, run up stairs, walk miles, ride my bike. sure i put on about 10 kilos, but everybody said how healthy I looked.
Unfortuneatly I’ve got stomach cancer through a rare bacteria, which is terminal, so i feel a bit cheated, but i don’t regret stopping smoking for one minute, and i thnk the ■■■■ would probably have got me first!
Anyone thinking about stopping smoking, do it! there is nothing harder than having to tell your children that you will not be with them much longer.

Sorry to here that truckerjohn

Your story really puts things into perspective John … I really don’t know what to say

fatboyslimming:
Hi everyone im afraid i cheated i stopped smoking 16 days ago with Champix from the doctors. If you do want them make sure you talk through the side effects with yr doctor, there can be some wierd effects, Wierd dreams stomach cramps and head aches , I must be one of the lucky ones i havent had much in the way of side effects. Except the dream where im chasing the mother in law through York railway station with a calving knife. ( Not sure if thats a side effect or wishful thinking)…

Just for your information, Champix, known as Chantix in the United States, has carried a warning on the boxes in the States, that it can induce suicidal behaviour. I believe it started off as an anti-depressant.
Use with caution.

I stopped 9 yrs ago using Zyban. Never looked back and never get urges or cravings. (From 20 a day)

Quite happy to say I’ve kicked it :slight_smile:

Last Week (16th tues) I was driving along the m40 and decided I’d had enough of it. A couple of days before this I had bought some nicotine gum and had it in the cab with me, for when I decided I was ready.

So driving down the motorway and I just decided I had enough. So i started to flick my remaining 15+ smokes out the window one by one. Chewed the gum for about 4 days and since Sunday I’ve not needed the gum and I’m not really having cravings.

Every now and then I get a little urge but it’s becoming easier by the day to just ignore it now and they go literally after a minute or so.

I was in hospital in July for a week , during that time i didnt have a ciggy having previously done 30 a day minimum. When i was discharged i decided not to waste the week i had under my bonnet and i havent had a ciggy since , no patches , no gum , just determination and i feel much much better , its worth it

It is worth it. To be honest I feelmuch the same in my self. Except that I don’t cough like ■■■■ when I wake up