Smart motorway cameras flashing

I find the big bright advertising boards by Heathrow are very distracting. I often have to squint for a couple of seconds as I pass.

ezydriver:
I find the big bright advertising boards by Heathrow are very distracting. I often have to squint for a couple of seconds as I pass.

^^^^^^^
+!
so are the ones on the left heading north on the m5 into b/ham…but no doubt it depends on whos advertising.

DickyNick:
Any one know what that’s all about?

I know there was one on the M62 and another on the M1 recently that had “developed issues” shortly after they were installed where they were flashing everything in sight. In otherwords, these smart cameras on smart motorways are likely cheap Chinese rubbish that works as long as an Alfa Romeo.

On the M1 I regularly get flashed around Barnsley area at night if a car comes past a bit quicker than 70 or whatever the limit is even though I’m going usually at 50, so presumably it’s spotting the car but not reacting quick enough and gets a pic of the side of my trailer instead. Never had an NIP for it, although would be interesting to see how they figure a truck going uphill is doing 72mph when at best I can do 53.

As for the Blackpool illuminations around roadworks - just love the ones where they have those high powered lights pointing across all carriageways and probably lighting up the sheep three fields away. Surely there has to be a law covering distractions of this nature beside roads?

Nowadays we have those diffusers on the roadworks. First time I saw them I thought I’d be blinded, but they were OK. No reason they can’t be used over there.