Skelly recon.

nsmith1180:
Good news Stanley, it’s not ex-Wincanton! Judging by the faded adhesive on the sides they are ex Roadways Container Logistics, so Maritime.

I’ve been and taken a butchers myself and it looks fairly tidy, in no worse condition that the 2012 i’m currently hiring anyway. I’ve also confirmed that the £900 quote was for strip and two pack paint so I’m quite impressed.

I’ve made him an offer, he’s thinking it over.

If its an ex RCL trailer, those cowboys @ BIFT definitely looked after it :wink:

I`ve found it to be cheaper just to buy new rims, instead of blasting them :wink:

Have Run My Own Fleet For A Number Of Years And Have Had The Same Dilemma With Trailers Of A Certain Vintage I Always Ask Myself
Will It Earn Any More Money If It’s Shiny?

If You Are On The Boxes I’m Going To “Assume” (I Know - Dangerous Times!) That You Aren’t Headed Anywhere Prestigious That Demand Brand Or Nearly New Combinations Due To The Nature Of The Work.

To Compare I Bought A 2006 Dennison Skelly On Drums For 1750 + Vat, Ran It For 2 Years And Binned It, Having Just Done The Same Again. If It Works 84 Weeks Out Of The 2 Years Its Cost You 20 Quid A Week Or Thereabouts.

Painting Stuff Is Good Fun Though…

nsmith1180:

Punchy Dan:
For £900 I’d leave it as it is ,cheap 2 pack is £20 a litre without harder or thinners / primer ,so it won’t be a quality job at that price .

How many litres to do a full skel do you reckon?

Ive just put 4 litres of top coat on a sprinter chassis ,I’ve also just done a draw bar trailer with 5 coats of undercoat and 3 top coat although the trailer was synthetic ,I’d only be guessing here as I don’t ever remember how many tins I get through but I’d be putting on a skeleton about 25 litres of primer and much top coat as you can