Should Scotland be "cut loose" from the UK?

Totally agree Alex, Scotland should be in charge of Scottish oil and should be prepared to protect that with the full force of the Scottish navy.

Hi Dipster, You dont like Boris of course, So please tell me who you would like instead :question: ,It would be very interesting to know under these very trying times etc, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi Dipster, You dont like Boris of course, So please tell me who you would like instead :question: ,It would be very interesting to know under these very trying times etc, Regards Larry.

Larry,

I do not have a name to offer you. The best I can do is repeat a post I made in May. It explains my feelings about the state we find ourselves in. Fo info though I belong to no political party and would say I really am middle of the road politically.

My previous post:

Personally I agree that none of the candidates in the last election were worth voting for. I do not think we are getting talented people to put themselves forward for election as MPs because, amongst other reasons;

(1) We are stuck in a 2 main party system that is difficult, for various reasons, to beat by either smaller parties or independents. And with these 2 parties political choice is really quite narrow.
(2) The actual parliamentary system puts many people off-an oath after election when taking office that is antiquated and expects new MPs to pledge things and in a manner they might not be comfortable with.
(3) The parliamentary procedures, rituals and protocols many of which seem stuck in distant centuries past.

I believe the whole system, including having an elected second house replacing the old boys club that is the Lords (including reserved automatic places for the senior Church of England luminaries) needs revising to encourage those who are not of the Establishment cliques or those who are not prepared to sell their souls to party politics (leaving their morals at the door when they sign up) to throw their hats in to the ring. So many smart people in the UK would never feel comfortable in the present system. Thus they do not get involved.

Those who try to stand as an independent (and I have a friend who did, twice) soon find that the present rules are stacked against them and applied in an unfair manner. That, I regret, is fact.

Change the systems and get new blood in to politics. There are many really good people amongst the British public who would make the present politicians look the fools they are.

Rant over.

Scottish navy? Lol.

alexsaville:
Well CF, you are one of those who would rather insult than debate!

Alex

I am going to have to stop you there brother.

the maoster:
Totally agree Alex, Scotland should be in charge of Scottish oil and should be prepared to protect that with the full force of the Scottish navy.

How does that fit Sturgeon’s CO2 global warmist credentials she obviously wants to reduce dependency on oil.Or the fact that the EU decides EU resources policy and it’s obviously the revenues which you’re referring to which the EU will take into account for Scotland’s contribution bill.You know the EU which Sturgeon wants to keep Scotland part of.

Maybe all the under performing regions should be “cut loose”?
Scotland produces* £29,660 per capita towards GDP, whereas the NorthWest produces just£28,449. The South East (even excluding London) makes over £34,000!
Take Manchester out of it and its clear that ■■■■■■■ cant be pulling its weight. Obvious that the rural N.W. is a drain on the resources of the productive South of England. Can`t argue with the figures.
Cut out the shirkers I agree! Let the Scots go, but they gotta take Carlisle with them.
And look at the way they work up there! Some of those haulage companies pay less wages than in the South! They come down here, undercutting local Southern companies, their wages are less, so putting local drivers out of work. Being paid less they pay less tax, so are an even bigger drain on the country as a whole than it first appears!
Northerners should be banned. Southern loads for Southern drivers.
Make Wessex great again!

ons.gov.uk/economy/grossdom … 1998to2018

And that, Dipster, is how to rant. Not like the well modulated and reasonable post you made. :smiley:

Franglais:
Maybe all the under performing regions should be “cut loose”?
Scotland produces* £29,660 per capita towards GDP, whereas the NorthWest produces just£28,449. The South East (even excluding London) makes over £34,000!
Take Manchester out of it and its clear that ■■■■■■■ cant be pulling its weight. Obvious that the rural N.W. is a drain on the resources of the productive South of England. Can`t argue with the figures.
Cut out the shirkers I agree! Let the Scots go, but they gotta take Carlisle with them.
And look at the way they work up there! Some of those haulage companies pay less wages than in the South! They come down here, undercutting local Southern companies, their wages are less, so putting local drivers out of work. Being paid less they pay less tax, so are an even bigger drain on the country as a whole than it first appears!
Northerners should be banned. Southern loads for Southern drivers.
Make Wessex great again!

Ironically pre Athelstan localism and local democracy was superior.You’re right I don’t want a ■■■■■■■■ MP telling us what to do in Surrey and I’m sure Geordies didn’t like being told what to do by the MP for zb Grantham.

Make the Soviet Union Great again lets call it all the EUSSR including the former obsolete states of Scotland and England.Then we can all be ruled by Sturgeon and her East German Stasi mates.