Should I do ADR as 28 hours of CPC

Wow, that is pretty extreme Hank! I’ve not seen that one so thanks! :smiley:

Daz1970:
To Evil8Beezle:

Great post…really sums up most people’s experience of attending an ADR training course & taking said exams. Not difficult but strangely interesting. Mainly common sense/general knowledge/H&S plus technical know how (which is more than provided for during the training). Also a great way of achieving at least 21 hours of DCPC Periodic Training at the same time

I predict your ADR card will arrive PDQ with the full compliment of Classes (except 1 & 7) & Modes on the back!!!

Well done!!!

Cheers Daz, Nothing in the post yet & I hope i’ll get a clean sweep, as otherwise I’ll kick the cat! :smiling_imp:

(Note to self: Get a cat! :smiley:)

Well my ADR card arrived today, so 3 weeks to the day after sitting my exams. And I passed all Classes, so the cat is safe! :smiley:

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments, and to Truth - I know you were referring to DieselDave! :grimacing:

I’m ashamed to say I lost interest half way through …

NOT because it’s a boarding post because by all means it’s not. It’s very interesting to see what was involved and I take my hat off to them that have the ADR qualification but it’s never really sparked an interest in the job situation for me.

Well done though and from what I read very interesting

Wow evil! what a great post thank you for that a very interesting post to say the least very informative and gives an in depth explanation in to the adr course, im looking at driving petrol tankers in the near future say 5 years down the line once I have gained experience in class one driving does anyone know the best route to go down im guessing driving a small class 2 tanker for home deliveries ect then move on to the petrol tankers for petrol stations ect?

Thanks Nick, and if ADR is not your thing, I don’t blame you! :laughing:
But thanks for taking the time to post!

Ash mate, I’m sure you are! And i’m sure a lot of people think that when they first start out.
However you might find that the lack of variety in the job, makes you yearn to be a tramper instead, you just don’t know as yet!
We will both have to wait & see what the future brings after getting some general experience…

I think it’s also a bit: Many apply, few are chosen… :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
Thanks Nick, and if ADR is not your thing, I don’t blame you! :laughing:
But thanks for taking the time to post!

Ash mate, I’m sure you are! And i’m sure a lot of people think that when they first start out.
However you might find that the lack of variety in the job, makes you yearn to be a tramper instead, you just don’t know as yet!
We will both have to wait & see what the future brings after getting some general experience…

I think it’s also a bit: Many apply, few are chosen… :laughing:

Yes that was my belief also, I very rarely see ADR qualified jobs advertised you just need to get an in somewhere. like you said you never know what the future holds sir :slight_smile:

Time for an update! :smiley:

About to start my 3rd week with a company, and all of last week (plus this coming week) I’m on ADR work, so I get a £1 extra an hour, and am probably a little more valuable to the firm as well! :wink:

So I’m recouping about £40 a week net on the cost of my training, and I suspect this will continue, or rather I hope so! :grimacing:

Disclaimer: I may have fallen into a specific company that does a fair bit more ADR work than others, as about 40-50% of my daily loads are ADR. So I can’t say if its normal for most palletised delivery companies to do this much ADR, you’d have to ask someone with more experience. All I’m saying how it’s working out for me! :smiley:

I did ADR packages for my last job. Not sure if it was the trainer, or the sheer quantity of information to take in for 4 days.

It totally frazzled my brain. How I passed, I have no idea.

And in all the time I had it, I think I had my orange boards down about 5 times in 2 years. The lad that did it with my has just left the company, and in the 3 years he had it, he never had an ADR load.

And the stingy TM wouldn’t pay the upload cost for my cpc

I won’t be renewing mine.

PaulNowak:
I did ADR packages for my last job. Not sure if it was the trainer, or the sheer quantity of information to take in for 4 days.

And in all the time I had it, I think I had my orange boards down about 5 times in 2 years. The lad that did it with my has just left the company, and in the 3 years he had it, he never had an ADR load.

Maybe I’m wired wrong, as I found it quite interesting and easy! :open_mouth:
As for your lack of use of it, that’s why i added a disclaimer, and you’ve made me glad I did, as I didn’t assume it would be the same for every lowly scum of the earth class 2 driver like myself! So was that when you were still scum Paul? :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

PaulNowak:

Maybe I’m wired wrong, as I found it quite interesting and easy! :open_mouth:
As for your lack of use of it, that’s why i added a disclaimer, and you’ve made me glad I did, as I didn’t assume it would be the same for every lowly scum of the earth class 2 driver like myself! So was that when you were still scum Paul? :laughing:

Was driving class 2 at the time but had passed my class 1. I did them 4 months apart. June and October, did ADR the following February.

I’m a reasonably intelligent fella, got a fair few qualifications, but it just seemed that the guy would tell us one thing in the morning and the exact opposite in the afternoon.

I shut up questioning him in the end as I felt it was eating into other people’s time, and just adding to the confusion.

PaulNowak:
I’m a reasonably intelligent fella, got a fair few qualifications, but it just seemed that the guy would tell us one thing in the morning and the exact opposite in the afternoon.

I shut up questioning him in the end as I felt it was eating into other people’s time, and just adding to the confusion.

That’s fair enough and quite possible mate, as i’m not sure all trainers would care that much if you pass or fail.
But you obviously did pass, so you’re not as thick as I think you are! :grimacing:

P.S. I’ve got a Pepper Pig colouring competition certificate as well, so you’re not the only one who’s educated! :laughing:

Great read and very helpful info. Thanks for posting the link.