Should Day Drivers Personalise their cab?

My truck was customised by the boss’ sons with stainless steel mirror guards and swirly bird ■■■ Daf graphics in the side windows. Two of my pet hates.

I have had jobs with a day cab in the past and always added something to leave my mark, I did always remove the CB though. When I worked for Tesco’s in Kiln Farm MK, I was handed a brand new Scania on my first day, M 28 TBH, I kept it immaculate and some ignorant gits who treated lorries like dirt piles would mock me, I think it was basically because they moved from spare to spare. I came in one morning and the traffic manager took me to one side and explained that some ■■■■■■■ had trashed the interior by emptying the fire extinguisher everywhere, his plan to p*** me off backfired, I was kept in the yard for am 8 hour shift so I could clean it out, 8 hours on Tesco pay to polish my dash worked for me :wink:

Pat Hasler:
I have had jobs with a day cab in the past and always added something to leave my mark, I did always remove the CB though. When I worked for Tesco’s in Kiln Farm MK, I was handed a brand new Scania on my first day, M 28 TBH, I kept it immaculate and some ignorant gits who treated lorries like dirt piles would mock me, I think it was basically because they moved from spare to spare. I came in one morning and the traffic manager took me to one side and explained that some [zb] had trashed the interior by emptying the fire extinguisher everywhere, his plan to p*** me off backfired, I was kept in the yard for am 8 hour shift so I could clean it out, 8 hours on Tesco pay to polish my dash worked for me :wink:

No you weren’t thats another tall tale.

Actrosman:

sammym:
Whenever I do a shift I like to leave my mark by leaving all my rubbish in the cab for the next driver to enjoy.

So I see nothing wrong with any driver leaving the truck however they want.

Seriously? :unamused:

Obviously just pretending to be a driver because a proper one would leave a turd in the passenger footwell.

adam277:
Currently have a guy who insists on putting his countries flag on the truck…
Trying to find a North Korean one to replace it with his hence me starting the topic. Also every cubbyhole and compartment has his crap in it.

That would seriously displease me,a hostile aggressive statement right there.We had one moron at our place with the confederate flag festooned on his back wall.What wazzocks infest this game,cringeworthy last bastion of the cretinous.

Muckaway:
My truck was customised by the boss’ sons with stainless steel mirror guards and swirly bird ■■■ Daf graphics in the side windows. Two of my pet hates.

Maybe trying to tell you something., Just remove the stickers and say the infringe on your vision.

manalishi:

adam277:
Currently have a guy who insists on putting his countries flag on the truck…
Trying to find a North Korean one to replace it with his hence me starting the topic. Also every cubbyhole and compartment has his crap in it.

That would seriously displease me,a hostile aggressive statement right there.We had one moron at our place with the confederate flag festooned on his back wall.What wazzocks infest this game,cringeworthy last bastion of the cretinous.

Annoying thing is I actually have a rear window which can help at times with visibility when reversing not a massive deal but it helps.
I wanted to get a North Korean flag to replace it with or a German/Russian one but they cost like £10+ :unamused:
Because I know if I do that he would be dumb enough to tear it down/throw it away which would mean open season on ALL of his stuff.

Heck I might just try it anyway. :grimacing: The local shop sells a few “I <3 Ponys” stickers I can put on the dash as well.

If its in my view…its coming down…every other bit of tat can stay. But dont leave goodies in the fridge…i am partial to orange juice…biscuits…and anything else to eat. :smiley:

toonsy:
Occasionally night drivers use mine. They know the drill though, use anything but leave it as you found it.

They’ve not touched my ■■■■■■■■■■■■ sock yet though. Or if they have it’s been left as it was found. In fairness it’s usually a bird that uses it, I can tell when I sniff the seat in the morning.

she use the sock too??

biggriffin:

Muckaway:

Maybe trying to tell you something., Just remove the stickers and say the infringe on your vision.

They were put in before I started there, and for the money I’m on, hours and a 10 min cycle ride to the yard I’ll have to put up with them.