penrith truckstop let you run fridge on back lane only
truckhaven dont let you fridge
jct38 seen fridges but think they got to off by 10pm
lymm have a fridge area
most motorway services let you run fridge all night

Cheers pal

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

toonsy:
End of the day fridges side by can’t be banned. They’re just doing their job so in light of that isn’t it better to adapt?

Lymm has fridge parking with plug in points. It doesn’t stop them parking next to you…

Lymm plug-ins cost extra and much more than the cherry the fridge will use overnight costs.

I park in there, with a running fridge, one night a week. If I’m not there it’ll be my work-mate.
We don’t have the option of parking elsewhere, nor do we have the option of switching the fridge motor off overnight due to the customers requirements on both counts.

Conygarth have fridge parking only but if that get full where else do you park with a running fridge ( if I turn mine off then the insurance will be invalid as have to do print out every drop )

You could find a quiet industrial est or a lay-by or just go do day work with no night out plenty around

Here we go.

Bloody fridges making all that noise, you ain’t leaving that running all night, I can’t sleep with that noise. Well we’re do you expect me to park,. Well I’ll tell you what, if you wish to turn it off please feel free,as I guess your company will appreciate a bill for £20k+ for a ruined load, delivery charges etc. So fill ya boots.

Is the OP looking for an outright ban or exemption for those with alternator driven fridges/freezers?

Not enough truck stops/MSAs as there is def not enough for fridge only ones. :stuck_out_tongue:
Also a truck with a fridge running on a layby is basically saying ‘I HAVE STUFF PLEASE TAKE IT’

Biglew74:
I’m required to work 1 or 2 nights or a week!

^^^^^
kfc might have better shifts for you if their recruiting now?
best ki you wil ever get is parked between 2 running fridges,once your alsleep you wont hear any boy racers or ■■■■■■■ changeover trunkers and the like.

biggriffin:
Here we go.

Bloody fridges making all that noise, you ain’t leaving that running all night, I can’t sleep with that noise. Well we’re do you expect me to park,. Well I’ll tell you what, if you wish to turn it off please feel free,as I guess your company will appreciate a bill for £20k+ for a ruined load, delivery charges etc. So fill ya boots.

Have seen some fridges that a driver can’t turn off if fact can’t just the setting as people have been know to come along & turn them off at night thus giving problems the next day which has a knock on effect

Surly you don’t want food poisoning or any member of your family to suffer that as it can kill just think of the children & elderly

Some of us who drive a fridge park up middle of the day so have to put up with all the noise from drivers not being quiet during the day works both ways so during the day don’t park near a fridge don’t talk to your mate or anybody else don’t open/close your cab door or any other door in fact don’t make a sound as you never know

Love a running fridge, I’ll always park next to them. get straight to sleep and as said it drowns out the other noises that actually wake you up.

I start nodding off in the barbers chair as soon as he puts the clippers on :smiley: :smiley:

I’m another fridge fan, great kip beside one and usually a space cos people think they’re going to be kept awake all night by the noise #WinWin

animal:

biggriffin:
Here we go.

Have seen some fridges that a driver can’t turn off if fact can’t just the setting as people have been know to come along & turn them off at night thus giving problems the next day which has a knock on effect

Surly you don’t want food poisoning or any member of your family to suffer that as it can kill just think of the children & elderly

Some of us who drive a fridge park up middle of the day so have to put up with all the noise from drivers not being quiet during the day works both ways so during the day don’t park near a fridge don’t talk to your mate or anybody else don’t open/close your cab door or any other door in fact don’t make a sound as you never know

I am a fridge boy’o… The above is what you hear every time you stop, and I’m sure the Muppets who moan about the so called noise, just like the sound of the their own voice,

Couple of weeks ago I pulled and nto Norton Caine’s,. Six fridges all parked in a line, drivers all standing around chatting(us fridge boys are friendly) nobody came and uttered a word,about running all night.

animal:

biggriffin:
Here we go.

Apart from tunnel and ferry crossing, having fridge controls that are not accessible may be better, the customer sets the temperature and the next customer checks the graph and the logs

Biglew74:
So you don’t mind sleeping next to one then?

Doubt it very much.

I don’t mind at all. I ran with tanks using generators for the heating or cooling of liquid.

Without you throwing a hissy fit, why would you want separate facilities, parking in a motorway services with lorries in and out all night is more disturbing!

Wheel Nut:

Biglew74:

Doubt it very much.

I don’t mind at all. I ran with tanks using generators for the heating or cooling of liquid.

Without you throwing a hissy fit, why would you want separate facilities, parking in a motorway services with lorries in and out all night is more disturbing!

Im quite happy sleeping next to a fridge, something about them sends me to sleep.

Same when camping, i can quite happily fall asleep with a generator running next to the tent.

And as said theres often space next to them which i happily take.

The thing that really grinds my gears about fridges is that they’re only as noisy as they are, because the bosses of Carrier etc don’t have to sleep 3feet away from them :imp:

slowlane:
The thing that really grinds my gears about fridges is that they’re only as noisy as they are, because the bosses of Carrier etc don’t have to sleep 3feet away from them :imp:

An old diesel Petter with every panel rattling and the governor stuck wakes the dead

Biglew74:

Doubt it very much.

I actually find I sleep better next to one. Might sound daft but the constant drone turn into a white noise whereas if it’s quiet then even someone closing adopt or starting an engine will wake me

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

truck stops that dont allow trucks with engines running :unamused:

all you that whine about fridge trailers, try thinking about us in the day time when we are asleep and you keep you ■■■■■■■ engine ticking over for ages

works both ways :grimacing: :grimacing:

Let’s be honest here, if you are happy to be an unpaid security guard all night and sleep in a recycled sardine can, you deserve to be woken up…