Say 'Iveco'

Harry Monk:
This bloke pronounces it ee-veh-co

chrishodgetrucks.co.uk/trucks/tr … s-450-2008

But I think he’s probably just pretentious :wink:

That Bloke is probably one of the most respected transport journalists there is, International Truck of the Year Jury member and ex editor of Commercial motor and Truck & Driver- now semi retired- and probably got a similar bollocking off one of Turins finest like I did for pronouncing it wrong :slight_smile:

I’VE COnked out

i pronounce it “iveco”.
:laughing:

Iv vek co

If its was I vee co, it would have two ee’s ?

I’ve heck ho

I’ve eee co

Fiat !!! lol

It
Vibrates
Everything
Comes
Off
■■

Still better than an old English Road Failure. . .

I used to say it IVY CO, now I say it I VECK OH

I ve

broke
down
again

sorry couldn’t help myself.

“Steamin’-pile-o-cack”

Say it any way you like, before I go off on a NESILLS / NESS-LAY rant! (It’s deffo NESILLS though :wink: )

macplaxton:
“Steamin’-pile-o-cack”

Say it any way you like, before I go off on a NESILLS / NESS-LAY rant! (It’s deffo NESILLS though :wink: )

Errrrrrrm, Nestlé, silly! Yes, the ‘E’ has an accent above it. . . . ! Doh!

Ivy co are not rated as good motors then?

I’ve only ever driven 7.5T ivyco … seemed quite nice. OK, no seatbelt, noisey, uncomfortable, basic, but fast as it was not limited. And the n/s window wasnt even electric.

Iveco … love em.

Reubs766. Have they brainwashed you or are you a young whippersnapper (or trying to be one?) :imp:

macplaxton:
Reubs766. Have they brainwashed you or are you a young whippersnapper (or trying to be one?) :imp:

How very rude. . . .

Nestlé was started in Geneva in the French speaking part of Switzerland by a Henry Nestlé. As such, I would suggest that it would also be pronounced exactly as those garlic smelling, frogs leg eating neighbours of ours would pronounce it. . . . [DIZZY FACE]

My humour is wasted on you bud. :unamused:

I know where the company came from and all that jazz. I was of course making a point about Anglicised words and pronunciation. In the 1970s and 1980s it was:

Life was much simpler when a KitKat or Aero could be bought without handing over money to Nestles…

Rowntree Mackintosh Bedford TK at Lyn Padarn Llanberis in 1976 by Penvik, on Flickr

Now, back to IVECO. “EYE-VEE-CO” or “IVY-CO” sometimes here. Maybe “EYEVEKKO”.

Horses for courses.

What about VOSA?

I’ve heard a lot people say VOSA (rhymes with rozzer). But I say VOSA (rhymes with toaster).

Which is the proper pronunciation?

I tend to pronounce it “Do i have to drive that?” The promptly burst into tears when i’m told “Yes i’m afraid so”… :laughing:

Rikki-UK:
I say it like you… but at a recent event I was informed its I- VECK -OH… in Sweden I had the same experience when I was educated by one of the companies men that I should not say SCAN-E-A but should be saying SCARN-EE-R
never had a problem with ERF, Volvo or MAN though :slight_smile:

Would agree with the I-veck-oh. Having said that I call mine Suzie as i tell the younger lads at word that Suzie Strallis and the Ivecos were an 80s rock band

I pronounce it ‘I-SQUEEK-O’