Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

And apart from the ancient buildings, there were some proper “classics” on 4 wheels to be found as well… :wink:

It’s a lovely city with a very laid back sort of atmosphere, and they’ve got at least one proper Irish pub, which happened to celebrate their 5th anniversary when I was there… :wink:

20180511_221406.jpg

20180505_174307.jpg

20180505_163709.jpg

20180505_162959.jpg

pv83:
It’s been a while since I’ve posted some pic’s from my journeys, was meant to do it much earlier, but there was always something up or so it seemed.

Going to start with some photo’s I took when I was stranded in Toulouse for the weekend earlier this year, must have been in May I believe…

A fine looking place. So, your weekend away wasn’t so bad after all [emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

jsutherland:

pv83:
It’s been a while since I’ve posted some pic’s from my journeys, was meant to do it much earlier, but there was always something up or so it seemed.

Going to start with some photo’s I took when I was stranded in Toulouse for the weekend earlier this year, must have been in May I believe…

A fine looking place. So, your weekend away wasn’t so bad after all [emoji3]

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

That particular one wasn’t Johnny :wink: bit of a difference with past weekend, bad weather all day through on the Sunday…

Fast forward a bit and I was week ended in yet another place, this time in Valladolid, Spain, lovely place and not yet discovered by the fast hordes of tourists…

pv83:
Fast forward a bit and I was week ended in yet another place, this time in Valladolid, Spain, lovely place and not yet discovered by the fast hordes of tourists…

You are quite a cultured man Herr Patrick. Making good use of your weekends away. Valladolid sure looks a beautiful place. Quite a find.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

pv83:
And apart from the ancient buildings, there were some proper “classics” on 4 wheels to be found as well… :wink:

It’s a lovely city with a very laid back sort of atmosphere, and they’ve got at least one proper Irish pub, which happened to celebrate their 5th anniversary when I was there… :wink:

Difficult to find a Peugeot 505 in France now! Most of them are enjoying a second life in Africa or Palestine. I had one in the 1990s and it was a reliable car with no what we called useless options such as power steering, air conditioning, turbocharging or electronics!

Bit more from Valladolid…

After the architectural highlights, swiftly going back to cars and lorries :wink:

Dipster:

Froggy55:

pv83:
Who knows more about this? Going by what the gents are wearing on their heads, I presume it’s near Russia…?

They look like WW I trucks, but I presume that if it had been in Russia, there would be snow? Maybe a kind of test rallye for advertising purpose? Michel should know more…

It does not always snow in Russia. I worked in Moscow for 3 years and saw winters at -35 C and summers at +35 C! But the blokes standing nearby certainly look Russian and are wearing topcoats, so it is winter. Could be very cold too as even at - temps they often only wear a thick vest and the topcoat! They are hardy people.

Just like the Geordies, hardy people… I’ll get me coat…

jsutherland:

pv83:

You are quite a cultured man Herr Patrick. Making good use of your weekends away. Valladolid sure looks a beautiful place. Quite a find.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Danke Herr Sutherland :wink:

Well, why not wonder around if you’re there, some people have to actually save up a whole year to see the same things as I do. I reckon the other lads on here did the same thing…?

Froggy55:

pv83:

Difficult to find a Peugeot 505 in France now! Most of them are enjoying a second life in Africa or Palestine. I had one in the 1990s and it was a reliable car with no what we called useless options such as power steering, air conditioning, turbocharging or electronics!

Indeed Froggy, was quite chuffed to see those 505’s in their natural habitat :wink:
Know what you mean, I once had a Citroën ZX break, 1.9 diesel engine under the bonnet, the only option it had was power steering… and that was indeed the only extra on it that went belly up!

Stumbled upon this… actual “road train” eh…

pv83:

Heritage Commercial did a feature on this company and the vehicles a few years ago. A good read!!
Regards Kev.

What make are the tractors? American, I suppose?

Froggy55:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmon-Herrington
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmon_Motor_Company

Thanks! Marmon-Herrington produced various transmission components for French army vehicles in the 1950s ad 60s.

kevmac47:

pv83:

Heritage Commercial did a feature on this company and the vehicles a few years ago. A good read!!
Regards Kev.

Cheers Kev, hopefully Dean’s got that article stacked away somewhere in that vast archive of his :wink:

[zb]
anorak:

Froggy55:

Cheers for the link Anorak, I was under the impression Marmon was still out and about…?

pv83:

[zb]
anorak:

Froggy55:

Cheers for the link Anorak, I was under the impression Marmon was still out and about…?

It is:
static.wixstatic.com/media/36a7 … 6_s_2.webp