Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Froggy55:
Yes indeed, it’s an unique truck, and has been for sale for over 3 years now. Quite a lot of work, probably, but spares are quite easy to find, and the result would be worth it. I have no space for it and, moreover, do not fancy fiddling with dirty grease anymore.

Nevertheless, I can give the owner’s phone number to anyone interested. It’s resting in Torteron, some 20 kms NW from Nevers, under a shed with other trucks such as this ex-Swiss Army Saurer 3 DM in “close to mint” condition (4000€ asked for it at the time)

and a KRAZ 257 repowered with a Deutz engine, and (at the time) 2 Berliet TBU 15.

If only I had time… and money… :wink:

Sounds like the perfect projects for Edtruck, although not of Tractomas kind, still very interesting no doubt!

Spotted at the docks…

20170811_095653.jpg

20170811_095639.jpg

20170811_095555.jpg

Transport Guiltat had also a rare Berliet TLM 15 with a Cottard cab, there it was almost new with a fridge trailer hauling cheese from Burgundy, later it was used to transfer wood with a big crane behind its cab.

Nowadays , the old tractor waiting , we hope, a deserved restauration.

michel:

Cheers Michel! What a “beauty”! Surely there must be someone who’s willing to take care of the old girl…?

pv83:
Spotted at the docks…

Renault “G” series trucks, designed to provide profit to their owners regardless to their driver’s comfort, do not deserve better than export to Africa!

pv83:

michel:

Cheers Michel! What a “beauty”! Surely there must be someone who’s willing to take care of the old girl…?

That’s good news! I remember there was a batch of disused Guiltat lorries on a parking the other side of the railway line (now disused) in Corvol. This beautiful Cottard-cabbed TLM 15 was one of them. The others, all Berliet, were probably scrapped.

Froggy55:

pv83:
Spotted at the docks…

Renault “G” series trucks, designed to provide profit to their owners regardless to their driver’s comfort, do not deserve better than export to Africa!

Ooh…? Never driven one, so I can’t be the judge on that, always thought they looked like proper motors though… :blush:

Bit of “reliving” the fair, but I just got me film rolls developed, some might have been posted by Davidoff, David Miller or Froggy earlier on…

pv83:
Nostalgic pic of the week…

That’s a cracking pic coming through the blanc, citroens on there way to Italy and fiats coming out, Love it

Hi Patrick,

Hope you are well, great photo’s of the Locomotion,my films came back and this was on one of them,I haven’t a clue who these old boys and young girls are !! But the guy at the front on the left was the waiter I think,and the chap with the beard used to post on here,where is Fergie ? David’s father looking the other way in case Interpol recognise him !!

Regards
Richard

thumbnail_20170610_222729.jpg

MaggieD:
Hi Patrick,

Hope you are well, great photo’s of the Locomotion,my films came back and this was on one of them,I haven’t a clue who these old boys and young girls are !! But the guy at the front on the left was the waiter I think,and the chap with the beard used to post on here,where is Fergie ? David’s father looking the other way in case Interpol recognise him !!

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
That Fergie is up to mischief I reckon, like a naughty child when they are quite you know they are up to no good! I reckon Fergie has found a Volvo F89 and whisked Liz off for an Italian tour, Cheer’s Pete

pv83:

Interesting! I guess you took these pictures on Saturday, because son of the trucks weren’t there anymore on Sunday when I was there.

pete smith:

MaggieD:
Hi Patrick,

Regards
Richard

Hi Richard,
That Fergie is up to mischief I reckon, like a naughty child when they are quite you know they are up to no good! I reckon Fergie has found a Volvo F89 and whisked Liz off for an Italian tour, Cheer’s Pete

Cheers Richard, hope you and the missus and the rest of the family are doing well.

Now, about that photo, I deny being involved in whatever it was :wink: , looks like a mob meeting to me… Don Fergie, Don Maggie D and Don Davidoff senior are all present, and that bald bloke on the left wasn’t a waiter mate, he was only there for when muscles were needed to persuade certain people… proper hooligan he is!

I’ll be resting up at your neck of the woods next week, due to the visit to the annual Dorset steam fair, really looking forward to that!

There there Pete, you bloody well know that Fergie isn’t aloud to leave the “institution”… by saying that he’s of to Italy with Mrs Fergie in a dodgy old F88/89 would make him go berserk! He’s off in a Guy Big J with the thunderous Gardner 150 under the bonnet… :unamused: :laughing:

Froggy55:

pv83:

Interesting! I guess you took these pictures on Saturday, because son of the trucks weren’t there anymore on Sunday when I was there.

Cheers Froggy! Aye the lot was taken on Saturday, did had in mind to pop in on Sunday morning as well, but due to quite a emotional “goodby” with some pictured above (no comments please :wink: ), I wasn’t able to turn up… :wink: