S Harrisons and sons -Sheffield

After the misfortune of watching my beloved Birmingham city get beat by Sheffield weds me and my son called into harrisons after the game

Luckily Peter was there so he let us take a look around

He talked about his erf c40 that’s in his yard as modern quiet and comfortable, Which compared to the scammells it must of been,

Most of the yard was occupied by non English speaking car washers who obviously don’t realise or care what history was around them

Mike…

Mike Ponsonby:
After the misfortune of watching my beloved Birmingham city get beat by Sheffield weds me and my son called into harrisons after the game

He talked about his erf c40 that’s in his yard as modern quiet and comfortable, Which compared to the scammells it must of been,

Most of the yard was occupied by non English speaking car washers who obviously don’t realise or care what history was around them

Mike…

You should be careful there Mike , your son could be onto child line if you continue to make him watch Birmingham City, now if you had said Super Leeds United … :wink: but to be fair the look on his face sat behind the wheel says it all :smiley:

Mike Ponsonby:

Mike…

great photo’s there Mike :smiley: does Peter use his ERF,and are there any plans for the Scammells? i.ve been to the yard a couple of times in the past,and had a friendly chat with the lads.as i’ve posted before,i used to see the motors reguarly in the '80s,and into the early '90s IIRC

Mike Ponsonby:

Mike…

He’s right ERFs are modern quiet and comfortable, that’s why you got your first one Mike ready to replace a scania :laughing:

Mike Ponsonby:

Mike…

Hi MIke , now I don’t object to you painting and lettering this Scammell Handyman you bought off Harrisons “MAP” but I draw the line at you painting it in Bewick livery !! there is only so much an Old retired Haulier can stand and this is the limit ! I’d never live the shame of such an embarrassment down and I’d have to ■■■■ off and live in Tenerife permanent like ! :open_mouth: :wink: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis Don’t you worry I wouldn’t do that to you mate :smiley:

Bewick:

Mike Ponsonby:

Mike…

Hi MIke , now I don’t object to you painting and lettering this Scammell Handyman you bought off Harrisons “MAP” but I draw the line at you painting it in Bewick livery !! there is only so much an Old retired Haulier can stand and this is the limit ! I’d never live the shame of such an embarrassment down and I’d have to ■■■■ off and live in Tenerife permanent like ! :open_mouth: :wink: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Ha ha Dan yeh right

Punchy Dan:

Mike Ponsonby:

Mike…

He’s right ERFs are modern quiet and comfortable, that’s why you got your first one Mike ready to replace a scania :laughing:

Hello Mate I got the impression of peter theres a family feud shock surprise surprise he knows the value of everything hes no fool but I think everything is for sale

Cheers Mike P

carryfast-yeti:

Mike Ponsonby:

Mike…

great photo’s there Mike :smiley: does Peter use his ERF,and are there any plans for the Scammells? i.ve been to the yard a couple of times in the past,and had a friendly chat with the lads.as i’ve posted before,i used to see the motors reguarly in the '80s,and into the early '90s IIRC

Thanks Ramone :laughing:

ramone:

Mike Ponsonby:

Mike…

You should be careful there Mike , your son could be onto child line if you continue to make him watch Birmingham City, now if you had said Super Leeds United … :wink: but to be fair the look on his face sat behind the wheel says it all :smiley:

Mike Ponsonby:
Hello Mate I got the impression of peter theres a family feud shock surprise surprise he knows the value of everything hes no fool but I think everything is for sale

Cheers Mike P

carryfast-yeti:

Mike Ponsonby:

Mike…

Just out of curiosity do you know what engine the “C” Series has fitted
Thanks

When it passed me on the M18 I thought it was a Roller.

Has anyone got any pictures of Harrisons wagons?

hi fryske have a few photos of sid’s will dig them out and e/mail them to you, bumper

that would be great!

has any one got any pic’s of ftc 943f? it was one of harrisons trucks. i no some one that was after a pic of the truck. thanks

nice one – can I put them into the Flickr group?

fryske:

Flickr: The S. Harrison and Sons - Sheffield Pool

Yes you can for me no problem.

It’s like a living museum are they still running any of those Scammells??

moomooland:

fryske:

Flickr: The S. Harrison and Sons - Sheffield Pool

Yes you can for me no problem.

It’s like a living museum are they still running any of those Scammells??

no - not for about 7 years now.

when were yours taken?

and do you have any bigger versions?