roping and sheeting

Punchy Dan:

phop:
Now then young Denis has he broken the sacred rule n roped fly sheet

Ooh :blush: ,Denis rhymes with ■■■■■ he not like that :laughing: , sheet looks fine to me ,just needs some bungee on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quite correct Young Dan’l the correct spelling has two N’s as my Mam used to tell me years ago! :open_mouth:

5thwheel:

Bewick:
This shot should draw a bit of “hostile” fire ! :wink: :astonished: :confused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Not falling for it,there will be an excuse to be told that’s for sure!!!

David

I’d have to get up early 'inth morning to catch you out David :wink: Of course there was a reason ! does the word Sellafield mean out :wink: I’ll say no more except its value was £££££££££££ phew !

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

phop:

Ooh :blush: ,Denis rhymes with ■■■■■ he not like that :laughing: , sheet looks fine to me ,just needs some bungee on :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quite correct Young Dan’l the bungee way is correct

I’ve just had 2 new pvc 18 ft by 18 ft sheets in medium blue with 12 mm bungees at 6 ft long each every 6 ft :smiley:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

phop:

Quite correct Young Dan’l the bungee way is correct

Well it sure is Dan’l if you are incapable of making a hitch knot like what proper Drivers can do :blush: :cry: :open_mouth: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
I’ve just had 2 new pvc 18 ft by 18 ft sheets in medium blue with 12 mm bungees at 6 ft long each every 6 ft :smiley:

They are “handkerchiefs” mate :blush: How about a couple of 30ft L X 28ft W in 15oz TCS Ripstop. :sunglasses:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

They are “handkerchiefs” mate :blush: How about a couple of 30ft L X 28ft W in 15oz TCS Ripstop. :sunglasses:

May be so Denz’l but whilst your driver is waiting for you sheeting that up I’ve done and gone :stuck_out_tongue:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

May be so Denz’l but whilst your driver is waiting for you sheeting that up I’ve done and gone :stuck_out_tongue:

Dan’l are you suggesting you could carry an identical load to that in the shot only using Bungees to secure it all ? :sunglasses: :unamused: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Hi Ropers & Sheeters, On Wednesday morning I received an email on my phone from my son asking for help after Storm Eleanor blew a heavy fence partially over at the bottom of his garden leaving it at a precarious angle of about 30o from the perpendicular, he had tried to pull it back himself but there was no way this could be achieved single handedly or even by two people. I gathered together some tackle, sledge hammer stakes and heavy timber plus plenty of lorry rope and a “gaevlick” an essential tool and drove down to his house on the outskirts of Carlisle. Although he had been a lorry man the traffic office was his scene but he did have knowledge of using ratchet straps. Any way I soon weighed up the situation and put a rope round the post lying over the most relayed the rope back to a small gate post a few yards back put in the first hitch with a good long loop and pulled it until the tension was well applied. I then added a second hitch as you do and with very little effort physically pulled the fence back to vertical but my anchor post was starting to move towards the fence due to the wet ground. I then used a second rope tie to the first anchor post and double hitched it back to the second post which pulled everything back into place all achieved in less than 10 minutes. Further along the fence it was still sagging so my son said he would use a light ratchet strap to pull that section back, after buggering about for a good few minutes trying to set it up I took it off him and used a light piece of polypropolene rope attached to the fence and relayed back to a stake I drove into the ground put a couple of hitches in it and Bob’s your uncle job done in no more than two minutes. It is about 45 years since I last fully roped and sheeted a wagon but I don’t appear to have lost my touch. If I had attempted to use straps I would still be mucking about trying to get them to work. Roll on better drier weather to dig out the fencing post bases and re-cement them back into the ground.
Cheers, Leyland 600.

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0190.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

Well done Gerald, you obviously meant business taking your Gavelock wid you eh! :wink: Nowt like a few double hitches in the right place to pull a fence back. Just a temporary job like until the better weather arrives then you can put that Gavelock to use mekking some new post holes. But will your new fence stop a new turned out hull full of “stirks” on’t raj! :wink: Happy new year and all the best Dennis.

image.jpeg
Net with bungees on :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

Are you off into Wastecycle with that load Dan?

I’d like to see Dan’l using his Bungees on this baby !!

scan0095.jpg

gazsa401:

Punchy Dan:

Are you off into Wastecycle with that load Dan?

Weighed in at 7:30 yesterday morning m8 .

Come on Denz’l you must surely realise that the bungees are only for keeping the net tight ! :wink:

I have often wondered how you secured a load using these new fangled ratchet straps, this load ain’t going nowhere, this lad obviously knows how to make a good job but who’s going tell him about his little mistake ■■
“Ropes reign supreme”
Cheers,Leyland 600.

Roping & Sheeting..JPG

Leyland600:
I have often wondered how you secured a load using these new fangled ratchet straps, this load ain’t going nowhere, this lad obviously knows how to make a good job but who’s going tell him about his little mistake ■■
“Ropes reign supreme”
Cheers,Leyland 600.

Is he a neighbour Gerald ? surely not a Marra !! Cheers Dennis.

Punchy Dan:
Come on Denz’l you must surely realise that the bungees are only for keeping the net tight ! :wink:

Yea but we’re talking “big league” here Dan’l not “skateboards” :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Denz’l.

Leyland600:
“Ropes reign supreme”
Cheers,Leyland 600.

Automatic strap re-tensioning system, pal. You can’t beat technology!

Now this was one of the only loads we could have used your Bungees on Dan’l ! 20 ton of Pig iron, but it also had chock raves so nothing could slide off anyway ! :unamused: :slight_smile: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: