Rolls Royce Eagle book

We had at least one C Series at the quarry in a compressor but it wasn’t a success really. The Eagles were pretty reliable though, we had a largish fleet of those.

Pete.

230turbo:
Hello to all.
I’ve been a vehicle enthusiast since childhood and have been a heavy vehicle mechanic since leaving school. I’m very much interested in older vehicles and the running units used in them. I enjoy finding out all the facts and figures about them and researching the various different types that were around. I go through phases for researching various vehicles and engine types. I’ve currently been trying to find out as much as I can about the Rolls Royce Eagle diesel. I’ve read many of the threads on this forum and I know it’s very much a marmite unit. Some sing its praises while others really don’t have much time for it. That said there really isn’t a great deal of literature based on it, other than messages on here and a few other sources. I have a book which gives an insight into Gardner engines which I am a big fan of. I had been on the look out for a book about the Rolls Royce Eagle but there doesn’t appear to be one. If a book about the Eagle was to be produced how many old hands and enthusiasts would be interested in reading it?
Cheers
Davy

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I have alot of paperwork and information about the rolls eagle.Mr vick put father into a course at their factory.many years ago.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Found on the internet…has somebody experience with reading these books?

Rolls Royce-The Magic of a Name - Peter Pugh.jpg

A few photographs.

Foden - 111JES:

Foden - G979ARF:

ERF - JFH484V:

ERF - YYC617S:

ERF - D976SLV:

ERF - H282KFS:

ERF - ATE439V:

Scammell - SNK898R:

Scammell - GVM650V:

Scammell - XUY538M:

Another photograph.

Dennison - SIC651:

Dennison Trailers, of Rathcoole, Dublin, started to manufacture trucks in 1977. Most of their sales were in Ireland but several were sold in the uk.
Low volume sales forced Dennison to cease truck production in 1981 and concentrate on production of trailers…

@TROOPER2 interesting you posting the Dennison, They have the same cab as the Sisu. Sisu were a big user of the Rolls-Royce Eagle engine.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Initially the cabs fitted were made by Motor Panels. Finnish Sisu cabs were fitted from 1979.

Nice thread and here a brochure from Rolls Royce (april 1979) special for Dennison.

The cab-chapter in the spec specifically mentions the “Scandinavian requirements”.