Recording weekly rest on analogue tachograph

Lads don’t blow this out of proportion. As I said, small manufacturing company running one 18t and one 7.5t. The 18t is on digital and they’ve had no problem with that. The 7.5t that I am driving is on analogue and until they took me on it was their old vehicle that they kept and used agency drivers when needed. It wasn’t some ■■■■ in the office but a nice young girl who isn’t 100% clued up on all this who just brought it to my attention. As I’d not used analogue for many years and never a stoneridge I just wanted to make sure what I was doing is correct. Now I know it is I’ll ask her to get clarification from the analysis company of what the problem is. Thanks for all the replies by the way, but don’t fall out over this it’s no biggie.

silverman:
Lads don’t blow this out of proportion. As I said, small manufacturing company running one 18t and one 7.5t. The 18t is on digital and they’ve had no problem with that. The 7.5t that I am driving is on analogue and until they took me on it was their old vehicle that they kept and used agency drivers when needed. It wasn’t some ■■■■ in the office but a nice young girl who isn’t 100% clued up on all this who just brought it to my attention. As I’d not used analogue for many years and never a stoneridge I just wanted to make sure what I was doing is correct. Now I know it is I’ll ask her to get clarification from the analysis company of what the problem is. Thanks for all the replies by the way, but don’t fall out over this it’s no biggie.

Sorry mate, it was maybe me that gave you that impression. :blush:

It just never ceases to amaze me how some drivers take this stuff sooo seriously and nearly ■■■■ themselves if they think they have done a minor infringement and blow it out of all proportion, some think they are going to get ■■■■ executed for the least little thing, and have to answer for everything they do to prevent it.

I realise these rules and regs are basically for our good and benefit, in terms of safety, but why tf do they have to include so many intracacies and be so goddam over complicated, instead of just getting things reviewed and simplified.
So on this thread we have guys wanting to put more restrictions and rules in, what next? A breakdown of my Saturday on a print out, went to pub, watched football went home. :smiley: :unamused:

I don’t take all that ■■■■■■■■ too seriously, mainly as I’ve little interest in it, but I just try my best (and succeed) to keep myself legal.
Sorry for going off on one, it wasn’t aimed at you personally. :laughing:

silverman:

We can fall out over ANYTHING here M8 !
Point well made and taken.

Well, by me at least, daresay some will find an argument. :smiley:

EDIT Typing same time as RobRoy

Franglais:
Well, by me at least, daresay some will find an argument.

Oh no they bloody won’t.!
:laughing:

Remember on analogue to keep your digi card with you even if you haven’t driven on it for years, if you have one issued vosa-dvsa will know & will want to see it if you are stopped.

Fella I know had a fine for just that & that’s a fine for you- not the company.

Yeah, the company still download my digicard every month.

dieseldog999:

nick2008:
Manual entry’s on back - line on front daily or weekly rest (Sdr-edr , swr-ear) that’s all that’s required no need to put tacho on break.

if your so much of a bean counter to want to do that,then how could you do it?
write them out on friday for the preceding 2 days…has to be illegal.
write them out on monday morning for the previous 2 days? has to be illegal
write them out each day? that would also be illegal as it would be classed in your world as other work,hence you wouldnt have a day off with about 25 tacho offences looming.
total pish my man…card out.your on rest.card in,your working etc.nothing more required.

No manual entry i.e. The blocks on the back for other work line on the front as that’s where the company are picking the scan hours from not the back. So when you finish for the week finish off your tacho with SWR then when you come back your 1st tacho would have EWR .
No need to account for anything outside these hours as you’ve stated at the end of your week your on rest

nick2008:

dieseldog999:

nick2008:
Manual entry’s on back - line on front daily or weekly rest (Sdr-edr , swr-ear) that’s all that’s required no need to put tacho on break.

write them out each day? that would also be illegal as it would be classed in your world as other work,hence you wouldnt have a day off with about 25 tacho offences looming.
total pish my man…card out.your on rest.card in,your working etc.nothing more required.

No manual entry i.e. The blocks on the back for other work line on the front as that’s where the company are picking the scan hours from not the back. So when you finish for the week finish off your tacho with SWR then when you come back your 1st tacho would have EWR .
No need to account for anything outside these hours as you’ve stated at the end of your week your on rest

Where did I say your filling in cards for two days at the same time . Oh yeah NOWHERE.

nick2008:

dieseldog999:

nick2008:

So are you saying the line and SWR and EWR have to be written on the front of the disc and not the back as I have been doing?

silverman:
So are you saying the line and SWR and EWR have to be written on the front of the disc and not the back as I have been doing?

It seems possible that the analysis people are not checking the back of the charts, try doing it as in the image I posted but with SWR and EWR instead of SOD and EOD.
Drawing lines on the front of the chart to show the start and end of the shift is accepted as long as it doesn’t interfere with any part of the trace lines.

Having said that, your best option is still to find out exactly how the company want the charts done.

silverman:

That’s what we were told when we were on Analogue cards before digi came in.
We were getting infringement after infringement and it was pointed out the software only reads the front.
That’s why the picture that tachograph has posted show a line showing star and end of rest as the software assumes your still working .

Heres a thought.

If you leave a disc in the head for more than 24 hours it becomes a fault anyway so leaving the disc in from Friday afternoon until Monday morning would have been round twice and a bit. Going in to work to change the card would have to be classed as other work and another infringment

And, what if someone else was to drive your truck over the weekend?

As others have already said, card in to record daily work and rest.
Weekly rest is recorded by the gap between cards and up to enforcement to prove otherwise.

Best advise when talking to coppers, dont talk to coppers. It’s literally the first thing they will say to you, “you do not have to say anything”
It’s good advice, the burden of proof being on them. Dont help them.

Thanks for all your help lads. I’ll start recording weekly and daily rest on the front. I’ll also ask for clarification and report back.

Thank you for 2 pages of sheer nostalgia, Silverman, It brings it all back to me. How I miss having to jump through all these hoops. :unamused: :laughing:

For years after I retired I kept a disc in my vehicle, just in case I broke down and needed a lift. Finally ditched it when I heard about digital thingies and all the newbies on the road who wouldn’t have a clue what I was holding up to them. :laughing:

Ah, you’ve ditched the disc but you can’t ditch trucknet though.

silverman:
Ah, you’ve ditched the disc but you can’t ditch trucknet though.

I may have retired but I’m still rolling the roads of Europe and, sometimes, the UK. So I like to keep a finger on the pulse. :wink:

It seems the analysis company are confused and want a complete record, e.g. a blank card for each day you are on weekly rest, not a legal requirement but he who pays the Piper calls the tune!

30 years ago drivers in Germany would park up on a Friday returning to their vehicles on Saturday and Sunday to change their cards. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
It seems the analysis company are confused and want a complete record, e.g. a blank card for each day you are on weekly rest, not a legal requirement but he who pays the Piper calls the tune!

30 years ago drivers in Germany would park up on a Friday returning to their vehicles on Saturday and Sunday to change their cards. [emoji15]

Wrong thread mate. The one about Myths Driver’s Believe has gone to Billy’s Bar.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:

Wheel Nut:

Wrong thread mate. The one about Myths Driver’s Believe has gone to Billy’s Bar.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Eh?