Reason for loving this job

AndrewG:

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

Adonis.:
Yep, getting paid for taking in the views across Europe is a big plus point to the job. Spending weekends in cities that people pay hundreds to go to (plus free digs) isn’t too bad either.

A.

^
This
90% of the time its drop and swop Malaga/Calais return. Apart from northern France the weathers nearly always good. When i get bored with my usual i just tell the office and the week after its groupage to Portugal/ Zarragoza/Barcelona/ Valencia/Malaga. Weekends are spent on the beach and in the sun. Would i swop this lifestyle for anything else? Would i [zb]… :smiley:

So, what happens to you when Brexit happens?

Nothing mate, ive been over here now longer than ive lived in the UK, i dont rely on anything from the UK that includes healthcare, im on the Spanish tax system,speak fluent French and Spanish and have my own place here outright. The only tie i have in the UK is my house which is rented out ,just literally carry on as i am :wink:

Yes, I’m in a similar position here, I’m just wondering what the position of the Spanish is, with regards the British living there, once Britain is no longer part of the free movement agreement?

Reasons to love this job…■■?

No longer standing in front of a hydraulic log splitter for 8 hour a day while the (the now EX) boss goes golfing… :imp: :imp: :imp:

Why oh why did not see it…■■? :blush:

" I don’t like to talk about refrigeration…people think you are showing off"…

What a class act !

Reasons for loving the job, ERM. They pay me to enjoy myself?! I love everything about it, the different places, the nights out, the challenges… My bosses (Steve n dave) are awesome, sure if you ■■■■ up then yeah, now your talking to the owner/boss and not your friend that happens to run the company but that’s to be expected. Hell if I won the lottery so I never had to work again I’d buy a rather nice shiny truck n go, here you go boss, she’s yours to run, I’m driving her just pay me a base rate. It’s not a job, it’s a lifestyle thats smegging wonderfull [emoji3]

Sent from my S30 using Tapatalk

I like it when people start talking about soap operas…in the pub.
…and then somebody will say"did you see"…

No

UKtramp:

Harry Monk:
You’ve worked in refrigeration? You should have said something.

I really don’t like to talk about it Harry, people get the wrong idea and think your showing off. I let it slip in this post but fully understand how you didn’t realise. I recall my days in the middle East where I earned a weeks driving wages within the hour. I have met with the Sultan of brunei and the Sultan of Oman, I have undertaken projects in the Yemen, Jerusalem and Kuwait. I also recall the destruction of Beirut which shook the refrigeration world as everyone boycotted the area for years afterwards. Oh I could tell you all some stories on here of my refrigeration days but I really don’t like to mention it. My days off shore were full of excitement and thrills back in the days of the oil boom, of course things are very different now and I put a lot of the decline down to my leaving it all behind. Anyways as I say I really don’t like to talk about it and hate name dropping. Oh Harry you bugger you have prised it out of me, I don’t believe I have ever mentioned my holding a gold card for complex Ammonia plants have I ? Once again it is something I don’t speak of nowadays, I really am a shy and retiring type that likes to fly under the radar. I may one day recite a few lines from the book I wrote on the subject if pushed. Any way not something I talk about so I will leave it here. Thanks for jogging my memory and only wished I could tell you some of my stories one day.

What’s that sound I can hear on here (again)
Oh yeh.

youtu.be/_3Xht4nI_r8

robroy:
Oh yeh.

youtu.be/_3Xht4nI_r8

Ok rob I know you are trying to pry my adventures out of me, I realise I am an interesting guy so I will tell you this one, I once had to design a body store for a mortuary in Singapore, this is a true story btw. We flew it out and installed it, commissioned it and tested the temps. We left and flew home when 6 weeks later we took a call from the Hospital in Singapore. When they had filled the body store with the deceased the mortician tech had found a pile of twisted bodies on the floor of the fridge, I had to fly out to sort out the problem and determine what had gone wrong. It was a rather interesting problem that had caused this to happen which was rather embarrassing, Just another interesting story from the vaults of Uk tramp.

bazza123:
What are these prairie states like Pat? You read in Bill Bryson books about these small towns with a mom and pop gas station and maybe a diner, mile after mile of asphalt and endless corn fields etc… is it really like that? How do they treat you as a Brit?

If I won the lottery (better start playing it then) my dream would be to hire a Harley and ride it from shore to shore to shore, stopping in these hick towns for breakfast etc.

You’re sort of already living it :laughing:

Two of the weirdest states are Wyoming and Nabraska, I remember the first time driving along I-80, dead straight for hundreds of miles and as you mentioned the small fuel and food stops that are probably 40 miles or more from any settlement you wonder where the people who work in there actually live ? One trip I did when teaming with another English guy we actually used one of those two screen DVD palyers to watch a film, one screen was stuck to the glove compartment and the other to the steering wheel, the movie was 90 minutes long which just shows how little the steering wheel was moved LOL. I remember driving along route 56 across Kansas, the road is just a regular two lane road (one lane each way) it was dead straight most of the day, I came across a small group of houses, about 8 or 9, there was a church of course and a hardware store, the small hamlet was at least 60 miles from anywhere else and I wondered why the f*** they had a hardware store ? No food shop, must be all do it yourself people.

US 56 across Kansas. I spent that night at Dodge City at a small truck stop opposite the Wyatt Earp hotel.

UKtramp:

robroy:
Oh yeh.

youtu.be/_3Xht4nI_r8

Ok rob I know you are trying to pry my adventures out of me, I realise I am an interesting guy so I will tell you this one, I once had to design a body store for a mortuary in Singapore, this is a true story btw. We flew it out and installed it, commissioned it and tested the temps. We left and flew home when 6 weeks later we took a call from the Hospital in Singapore. When they had filled the body store with the deceased the mortician tech had found a pile of twisted bodies on the floor of the fridge, I had to fly out to sort out the problem and determine what had gone wrong. It was a rather interesting problem that had caused this to happen which was rather embarrassing, Just another interesting story from the vaults of Uk tramp.

i read about that story somewhere…very interesting…apparantly there was a malayan,a sri lankan,a vietnameese,and a cambodian all dead and decaying waiting to go in the chiller,but they wouldnt let them in without a thai…

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:
[quote="the not… …em,speak fluent French and Spanish and have my own place here outright. The only tie i have in the UK is my house which is rented out ,just literally carry on as i am :wink:

Yes, I’m in a similar position here, I’m just wondering what the position of the Spanish is, with regards the British living there, once Britain is no longer part of the free movement agreement?

Answers on a postcard please to
Msr T. May,
10, Downing St,
London.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Scotch side from skinburness , worth the crap from the "but I want it over there " clowns

I like this job because if I worked in an office, I don’t think they’d take too kindly to me spending all day talking to myself, picking my nose and scratching my testicles.