Quick - go and fill up now!

Suedehead:

Just about sums it up

Should be named and shamed. Limit is 2 cans per customer.
Plus maybe he needs an adr licence to carry that much fuel in can I duno. Either way should be named and shamed

edd1974:

Suedehead:

Just about sums it up

Should be named and shamed. Limit is 2 cans per customer.
Plus maybe he needs an adr licence to carry that much fuel in can I duno. Either way should be named and shamed

I’ve never been a fan of shaming people - always thought it was pathetic even as a kid.

Harry Monk:
Furthermore I’d be surprised if many tanker drivers were EE nationals anyway due to the complexity of obtaining ADR and PDP certification.

I’ve guided many a driver through ADR even when English is their second (or in one case, third!) language. In fact the Poles etc tend to work much harder at their ADR courses and pass more easily, IME.

PDP isn’t required to be a tanker driver, unless you need to go into the refinery, which can easily be solved by a company having one PDP driver and lots of trailer swapping.

why is the media spamming petrol surely they mean fuel in general right?

guess im one of the lucky ones with a diesel tank

Anyone?

Zac_A:

Harry Monk:
Furthermore I’d be surprised if many tanker drivers were EE nationals anyway due to the complexity of obtaining ADR and PDP certification.

I’ve guided many a driver through ADR even when English is their second (or in one case, third!) language. In fact the Poles etc tend to work much harder at their ADR courses and pass more easily, IME.

PDP isn’t required to be a tanker driver, unless you need to go into the refinery, which can easily be solved by a company having one PDP driver and lots of trailer swapping.

Diesel Dave of ADR fame, uses a Sat Nav with German as the default language and I saw him attempting a bit of Russian in an ADR training session, it was as plain as day, that’s the idea of ADR, it is universal and is the same in every country.

JeffA:
They would go back even if they would be beaten like a red-headed stepchild? I thought a tax change was enough to stop them in their tracks!

Yes! Money talks… But names can never harm me.

stu675:

JeffA:
They would go back even if they would be beaten like a red-headed stepchild? I thought a tax change was enough to stop them in their tracks!

Yes! Money talks… But names can never harm me.

My fave EE driver just stepped out of his wagon, took aim at the front tyre and did the most massive horsep!ss I have ever seen, Hot summers day too - trowell services

If we want new UK drivers then who is going to pay the around £4k for each of them to go from B to CE :question:

What a mental night. Queues and traffic jams around petrol stations anywhere south of Luton til gone midnight! On the way back to the yard I pulled in to diesel-up at the truckstop at J9 M1 at 4am. Cars and campervans were trying to get fuel out of the pumps there using their credit cards in the terminals. It was crazy. Not one of them got the pumps going, so I felt rather smug pulling straight onto a pump, filling up, and then coolly driving off minutes later with 300 litres of fuel lol. Half expected an “'scuse me mate, can you sell me a few litres…”

ROG:
If we want new UK drivers then who is going to pay the around £4k for each of them to go from B to CE :question:

The Government says
“The government will also provide funding for both medical and HGV licences for any adult who completes an HGV driving qualification accessed through the Adult Education Budget in academic year 2021/22. Previously, adults who took these qualifications had to pay for their own licences. This change will be backdated and applied to anyone who started one of these qualifications on or after August 1st 2021”

gov.uk/government/news/more … -shortages

theguardian.com/politics/20 … ers-strike

At the mere threat of tanker drivers taking strike action this happened in 2012 - remember?

Just shows that we can all live with near empty shelves and will get by for a while regardless, just buy something else or dig into the freezer and see what you have. You’ll live.

But petrol and diesel? A different story altogether.

A tanker driver called into one of the London radio stations earlier, said if he can’t get any petrol he might not be able to make it in to work later.

Talk about irony.

Just wait until they realize the driver shortage is going to affect the deliveries of TOILET PAPER. You haven’t seen notin yet

Make sure you put the right fuel in though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:
Make sure you put the right fuel in though. :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing:

I laughed so hard, the forklift driver asked if I was ok… :laughing: :laughing:

dozy:
Why are you blaming the people who filled there cars up for this mess , this is on the shoulders of those who voted for brexit , they can try & blame the EE families going home on ir35 or some other [zb] , but the fact is those ee lads and there families went home because brexit made them feel unwelcome in this country
Those brexit voters should own there own [zb] not try to shift blame for this mess on everyone & anyone but themselves

You do know the EU doesn’t want cheap eastern labour. They call it ‘social dumping’ they’ve been trying for a few years to keep them out of western European job markets. You should really need to do a bit of research on the thing you’re trying to defend.

Build5:

dozy:
Why are you blaming the people who filled there cars up for this mess , this is on the shoulders of those who voted for brexit , they can try & blame the EE families going home on ir35 or some other [zb] , but the fact is those ee lads and there families went home because brexit made them feel unwelcome in this country
Those brexit voters should own there own [zb] not try to shift blame for this mess on everyone & anyone but themselves

You do know the EU doesn’t want cheap eastern labour. They call it ‘social dumping’ they’ve been trying for a few years to keep them out of western European job markets. You should really need to do a bit of research on the thing you’re trying to defend.

What was free movement about if not keeping wages low?