POLL: Do you WANT a driver-facing-camera or not?

ezydriver:

Reef:

Rob K:
Give it another few years after they’ve become mandatory and they’ll have you doing this at every sign and hazard : youtube.com/watch?v=Av_Kkh3mp4E. All in the name of Health & Safety, naturally.

And then get done for not having both hands on the wheel at all times :smiley:

Probably have to shout it out:
“CHANGE OF SPEED LIMIT TO 30MPH”
“CLEARWAY FOR NEXT 14 MILES”
“13FT BRIDGE (unless you’re Stobarts)”

police do it in pursuit

The 10 :open_mouth: drivers who voted for actually wanting driver facing cameras… :open_mouth: (assuming that they aint on a wind up, come on they’ve got to be :neutral_face: )
Anyway…I bet the firm doesn’t even need to supply the lube, knowing that they are the types who would gladly purchase it themselves. :unamused:

I’m wondering if any of them work for my firm, it sounds as if I may know some of them. :unamused: :smiley:
Seriously though…what ■■■■ chance have the rest of us got working alongside these types. :unamused:

do we have a choice,the usual story is ‘‘it’s for your protection’’ what they really mean is it’s for their protection against claims if anything goes wrong and to see if they can blame the driver,we don’t have a choice,if employers are told by insurance companies that it will reduce their costs it’s in whether you like it or not

truckman020:
do we have a choice,the usual story is ‘‘it’s for your protection’’ what they really mean is it’s for their protection against claims if anything goes wrong and to see if they can blame the driver,we don’t have a choice,if employers are told by insurance companies that it will reduce their costs it’s in whether you like it or not

Yeh I love it when they spin it as ‘‘It’s for your protection’’ :laughing:
(As our lot did)
As you rightly say the true agenda is entirely different.
The amazing thing is though some idiots actually swallow it,…and worse repeat it! :open_mouth: :unamused:

My lot said they’re for our protection. When I asked how, I was told a member of the public reported one of our drivers for using his phone whilst driving, and that the camera proved he was just scratching his ear - so the camera exonerated him. I asked my manager what would have happened in the days before cameras, as it would have been the caller’s word against the driver’s, and therefore not evidence in a disciplinary, and the company can’t really demand to go through the driver’s call history. The reply was something like this “yeah, I see what you’re saying, but trust me, they protect the drivers”.

No. They don’t. Not having an inward-facing camera protects driver’s a lot more, as much less can be proven one way or the other.