POLL: Do you WANT a driver-facing-camera or not?

mrginge:

Conor:
going to find them fitted in any wagon not run by owner drivers or a cowboy outfit.

Cowboy outfit or traditionalists? :sunglasses:

I

New game in town, gringe?

Cowboy outfit or company with excellent employee relations?

I only drive for traditionalists

albion:

mrginge:

Conor:
going to find them fitted in any wagon not run by owner drivers or a cowboy outfit.

Cowboy outfit or traditionalists? :sunglasses:

I

New game in town, gringe?

Cowboy outfit or company with excellent employee relations?

Interesting view.

The horror at my work was because of our Euro adventures we had trackers fitted to our 3 units that go their regularly last week before we head off for the summer, I mean it must be for ‘insurance purposes’ lol.

Last year they hard wired dash cams into the Euro lorries, we are clearly on a slippery slope.

commonrail:

A much better term then these blue chip company employees calling the rest of us cowboys. :wink:

Juddian:
A second question could have been ‘‘are you prepared to leave your current job and go elsewhere without such cameras’’?

My answer to that would be yes.
I don’t want to leave my job, which is good but because i also enjoy it, but you have to draw your own personal line in the sand that beyond you will not go, that’s mine.

My answer to that would be unlikely unless terms and Conditions and pay are better. I have a decent job mostly where I am, the pay is decent for the hours I do most of the time. It’s not too far from home so it wouldn’t be a deal breaker.
But I still don’t want one.

But if the right job etc comes up then yes I’d leave where I am.

No thanks, and working for a small operator these days means it won’t be an issue for foreseeable unless insurance companies force it

mrginge:

commonrail:

A much better term then these blue chip company employees calling the rest of us cowboys. :wink:

Me and you kid

Yes, becuase I often have my ■■■■ and balls out, whilst parked up wiping them with baby wipes. (we have them in DHL trucks, and I’ve yet to hear of anything from this.)

Also I could do with a second opinion on this rash I have, anyone need a truck using? :smiley:

Other then taking the ■■■■, unless the boss wants to watch me pick my nose whilst signing along to the popular pop songs whilst stuck on the M6, ■■■■ it

switchlogic:
No thanks, and working for a small operator these days means it won’t be an issue for foreseeable unless insurance companies force it

I think it’s purely financial isn’t it? Surely we don’t believe companies install and maintain cameras for the fun of watching us? (Some out there might(no names!))
So it’s the cost difference charged by insurance companies you’d agree? They force in cameras through price difference.
I don’t know how much companies reckon on saving by having these inward cameras?
Neither do I know how much they would loose by having a fleet stood for a single day?
I would guess that any union looking at the problem would be in a strong bargaining position.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I’m pretty much against it unless I can get a copyright on the footage.
I do turn my own dashcam round in the evenings for some selfies and general daring do adventures.

I have questioned what the company policy is on accidental masterbation footage which may be caught on camera and if there’s any risk of disciplinary proceedings for other lewd activities in company vehicles in one’s own time.
From what I can gather footage will be viewed by male employees only and any acts of gross indecency e.g. self ■■■■■■■ (my new hobby) will be deleted immediately with no further action.

Suppose it’s inevitable really, although we have the power to unite and put and end to a lot of the crap we have to put up most of us are just happy to be continually shafted.

Yes it is for financial reasons in some ways, but generally it’s the now standard secondary solution of trying to rectify the managements ongoing too long ■■■■ poor recruitment decisions, they’ve hired people who’ll never be lorry drivers as long as they have a hole in their arse, and the end results have been what any decent lowly driver in the fleet could have told them had they bothered to ask or listen, which they never do.

Seems to be the current reaction of the time, a minority have been violently and savagely terrorising various countries, including our own, and the answer from unfit for purpose govt to that is to appoint thousands of officers to watch for anyone who dares to object in understandably basic terms online :unamused:
Not quite in the same league obviously but the same monkey see monkey do reaction, where unfit for purpose logistics management have done nothing about a small and growing minority of fools (who they employed, and patted themselves on the back at how cheap they got 'em) who cause almost all of the damage/collisions in the company, so the brains come up with trendy secondary solution, we’ll apply measures to everyone else instead, well done.

Juddian:

yorkshire terrier:
So nearly all of us don’t want them but nearly all will accept them…
If all drivers kicked off they would be scraped I’m telling you.
I’m not a militant fella but the power drivers have when sticking together is more powerful than most think…

Yup, and the drivers that stand together and say no, especially with the guidance help and encouragement of a good union they all do their bit to support, are the ones who won’t be having to live with their very own perma surveillance device recording every moment of their working lives.

No one stands together anymore, that’s the sad fact!

Turned up this morning as normal , got truck and noticed new cameras fitted!!

No warning or advised they were there - just appeared overnight !!

The forward facing one I could not care less about I’m all for them , the driver one well no not happy! It’s better quality - miles better quality- than the outward facing one so that says a lot on its own!

Took unit but when get back will be asking for Compliance Mgrs name and contact as have a few questions over GDPR and Data Protection to ask, can’t wait for the corporate bollox that’ll come back

Don’t agree with driver cams but not going to leave job just yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franglais:

switchlogic:

I think it’s purely financial isn’t it? Surely we don’t believe companies install and maintain cameras for the fun of watching us? (Some out there might(no names!))
So it’s the cost difference charged by insurance companies you’d agree? They force in cameras through price difference.
I don’t know how much companies reckon on saving by having these inward cameras?
Neither do I know how much they would loose by having a fleet stood for a single day?
I would guess that any union looking at the problem would be in a strong bargaining position.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

On the other thread, I’d said that there was no difference in Insurance costs for trackers and pigpen chimed in that he had asked only a few weeks ago, and the answer from the Insurers was, nope, doesn’t affect the premium.

Cost of standing a unit - that really depends on how you run your fleet - it can be often done at weekends when a truck isn’t moving, or if it’s running 24/7, it’s probably only a couple of hours to wire one in.

dcgpx:
the driver one well no not happy! It’s better quality - miles better quality- than the outward facing one so that says a lot on its own!

Took unit but when get back will be asking for Compliance Mgrs name and contact as have a few questions over GDPR and Data Protection to ask, can’t wait for the corporate bollox that’ll come back

So in short you’ll do absolutely nothing about it except have a bit of a whinge to the “Compliance Mgr” and some randoms on the internet then carry on as before. :unamused:

Well i left a company that had them but i would not work for a company that want to take money off drivers for damage either.Were i work now they have front facing camera thats all and also not full of bs either. There attitude is you go out do your job then your left alone.

Rob K:

dcgpx:
the driver one well no not happy! It’s better quality - miles better quality- than the outward facing one so that says a lot on its own!

So in short you’ll do absolutely nothing about it except have a bit of a whinge to the “Compliance Mgr” and some randoms on the internet then carry on as before. :unamused:

Probably - but depends on what answer I get.

And no I’m not whinging - questions are for answers to data protection.

I’m not leaving the job, don’t agree with cameras pointing inside but it’s not a deal breaker more an annoyance

Doesn’t stop me wanting answers to who, what, where, why visual data of me is going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I don’t. Trackers are bad enough.
Although if did have one guess it would keep some office bod in a job watching our every move.

And here’s me trying to work out if there’s a difference between a regular ‘driver facing camera’ and a driver-facing-facing one. :neutral_face:

Reef:
And here’s me trying to work out if there’s a difference between a regular ‘driver facing camera’ and a driver-facing-facing one. :neutral_face:

:blush: edited!!! :grimacing:

commonrail:

Same. Would leave driving before working for any corporate, up their own ring shower of clowns.