Points Dont Mean Prizes

Currently clean. Used to hover between 3 and 6, but with the new speed limits I’ll (touch wood) hopefully stay clean.

Excalibus:
had an sp60 for doing 120mph on hogs back a31 at 2am, was lucky as arresting officer was my dads flatmate, my old man is also a cop :laughing:

images-20.jpg

paul1181:
None.

Did a speed awareness course in North Yorkshire 18 months ago … Oh the joys of listening to some I’m such a good boy jobsworth talking about how bad we were and how great he was.

He may as well have been a dcpc trainer

You would have if you had not done the course,if you get caught again North Yorks you will have.
The point of the course is to make you aware of what the consequences of someone speeding can be,the course is for the benefit of everybody not just to bore an indivdual offender as it did with you.

I’m so good I’ve got twenty up my sleeve, just in case. :wink:

lolipop:

paul1181:
None.

Did a speed awareness course in North Yorkshire 18 months ago … Oh the joys of listening to some I’m such a good boy jobsworth talking about how bad we were and how great he was.

You would have if you had not done the course,if you get caught again North Yorks you will have.
The point of the course is to make you aware of what the consequences of someone speeding can be,the course is for the benefit of everybody not just to bore an indivdual offender as it did with you.

Only if he is caught within 3 years

None ( good luck or god management )

Excalibus:
had an sp60 for doing 120mph on hogs back a31 at 2am, was lucky as arresting officer was my dads flatmate, my old man is also a cop :laughing:[really]

None.

Nada…

Driving 18 years nil points,you might see me driving on the motorway one day…my vehicle will be the one with the halo above it :smiley:

Non now,
did have 6 at one point, 36 in a 30 in 2005 and then got another 3 in a truck in 2008-, 52 on a single carriageway.
22 years with no points up until then, so I was a bit ■■■■■■ off.
Dont speed at any time now, it’s not worth the hassle, especially the crap that I would get from my employer!!

had 3 and a speed awareness course , both sp 30 . got the 3 points coming out of hayden bridge then some years later got flashed again at daft o clock in the morning in north wales and was offered the course for a bung of another £60 . a little off topic but when I took the course I was told the insurance didn’t need to know as my licence wasn’t marked, I understand that things may have changed and you now have to admit your sins ■■ does anyone know for sure ?

Excalibus:
had an sp60 for doing 120mph on hogs back a31 at 2am, was lucky as arresting officer was my dads flatmate, my old man is also a cop :laughing:

pTRU1-7404510dt.jpg more like … :unamused:

syramax:
had 3 and a speed awareness course , both sp 30 . got the 3 points coming out of hayden bridge then some years later got flashed again at daft o clock in the morning in north wales and was offered the course for a bung of another £60 . a little off topic but when I took the course I was told the insurance didn’t need to know as my licence wasn’t marked, I understand that things may have changed and you now have to admit your sins ■■ does anyone know for sure ?

I’ve wondered about that as well, insurance companies ask if ‘any convictions in the last five years’ but there’s no conviction after doing the course so bit of a grey area …

look at it another way . no conviction = no course :neutral_face: a bit of a poser , no doubt someone will put us right

3 points. Gained on the M181 heading towards Scunthorpe. I know plod like to put a camera van on that stretch but I was running late for my grandfathers funeral. Crap reason to speed I suppose but there you go. Had been clean for 7 or 8 years prior to that.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

paul1181:
None.

+1.same for me in newry.driving along in normal traffic along with everyone else doing 40 in a 30.
2 dudes…bored me into a catatonic state for 2 hours droning on with the most brain numbing intelligence insulting totally irrelevant drivvel mostly about stuff that had nothing to do with speeding.shut into a windowless room,i never said 1 word from when they called us in till they let us out again.just tried to switch off after 10 mins listening to their utter pish,just a total and complete waste of everyones time as all you are doing is bribing h m gov or whoever gets your dosh 60 quid not to put points on your licence.

this sums it up nicely.
youtube.com/watch?v=JChJz4k3oNE

raymundo:

syramax:

I’ve wondered about that as well, insurance companies ask if ‘any convictions in the last five years’ but there’s no conviction after doing the course so bit of a grey area …

Admiral actually ask the question, they also load the policy another £50 and they know also, they are one of the sponsors of the SAC’s.

None…at the moment!
did have three for a phone offence three or four years ago,I didnt make a call…just picked it up to see who had rang (the wife was in hospital for her biopsy results that day) unmarked rozzer saw me with a phone in my hand, so £60 fixed penalty and collected three Essex Police loyalty points !

none ? but sometimes I think its been pure look. :blush:

A strong argument in favour of the “Glut of Drivers” camp - it dismays me to admit.

If 90% of us are spotless licence holders - we’re not going to be getting headhunted any time soon - are we? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :frowning: