Pick your brains

Matt87:

ROG:

Matt87:
Folks,

In an agency scenario where you just turn up and the truck is being loaded before you’re called out, but then you need to move it to do your checks as that’s the only loading bay…

What happens with the tacho? Do you move the vehicle in yard and then put your card in?

Just wondering with the whole put the card in for 15 minute checks.

No such rule in law for 15 min checks

All work done must be recorded on the tacho so whether you put tacho in or do manual entry is up to you

No you’re right, I think I’ve just put that in my head when I’ve watched people on YouTube.

So really I could put my tacho in when I get to the truck once it’s all loaded, move it and do my checks no problem?

If that’s the case I feel a bit stupid for having my original impression in mind lol :blush:

If your start time is the same as when the truck is loaded then yes but if any other records state an earlier start time then the tacho should virtually match those

I would put card in (do any manual entries) , give it a couple of minutes on other work then move it to do checks.

Otherwise you will have it showing driving directly after you put the card in.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Matt87:
So really I could put my tacho in when I get to the truck once it’s all loaded, move it and do my checks no problem?

You should check the oil before moving the vehicle off the loading bay, once you move you won’t get a proper reading for the oil until the vehicle has been stood a while, the rest of the vehicle checks can be done after moving the vehicle.

There’s no law that says you have to spend 15 minutes on vehicle checks but as an agency driver driving different vehicles every shift vehicle checks need to be done quite thoroughly so they will take a while.
It’s different to someone who drives the same vehicle every day and knows it inside out.