Petition to stop disabled badge users parking on double yell

Well done that driver with nothing to do on his day off…oh i know what ill do today..ill get a petition up to stop disabled people parking on double yellows ■■ and i hope no one notices whilst i too park on yellows to POP in for my daily paper…get a life fella…there are plenty of disabled people that need as much help as possible…give it to em.

Like everything else, blue badges are abused by a minority who give everyone else a bad name. Sorry, but I’m not gonna sign.

Take a chill pill mate…too many people rushing about like headless chickens…and that is a no to signing your petition btw! Let’s see how you feel if you have the misfortune to end up with a blue badge!

I won’t be signing your petition. My wife has a blue badge, she is only 32. On her good days you would think there was nothing wrong with her but when she is bad she can hardly walk the length of the room. We as drivers don’t park somewhere that will cause an obstruction or just leave it on a corner but there are some that do, but that is in life you will get people who try and chance it just because they can’t be arsed. You get the people who park in the child parking space when they are out with their 20 year old son then there are the nice car drivers who park like knobs over 2 spaces but as I say that is the way it is, yes there is an inconvenience to you but there is always away by. Keep calm and chill out, I hope in the future you don’t need 1.
Have a good day
Cheers Paul

Blue badge holders are permitted to park in pretty much the same places as LGV drivers are permitted to load (i.e. including on single or double yellow lines provided there are no active loading restrictions). In both cases, if they are causing unnecessary obstruction they can be prosecuted. Yes, they can cause inconvenience especially for the drivers of large vehicles - but so do lorries. Blue badge holders already get this leaflet gov.uk/government/uploads/s … lities.pdf which explains where they may/may not park.

TBH I have to smile when I see that the driver of a bin wagon is grumbling about inconvenience being caused to other road users. Pot calling kettle black, methinks…

im thinking…8 posts…trolling pish,can we see another pattern developing here…or is it just me again… :unamused:

There are many types of disability.

Your original post confirms this.

I take my 77 year old mother out as she is now very unsteady on her pins and I have persuaded her to stop driving, she had however applied for and got a blue badge which we used when I took her out shopping. I was suprised at just how few disabled parking spaces there were and how many cretins parked in them, mum can’t walk more than 10 meters with a walker but she wants to maintain her independence as much as possible.
Some of these disabled or elderly people have no choice other than to park where they need to shop, again there are some people with blue badges who could run a marathon who have no excuse to park on double yellows.
I guess what I am trying to get across is that some people do not have a choice, I can do mums shopping for her but there are lots of elderly and disabled people out there without that support network in place.

My understanding of the Blue Badge regulations is that you can’t just park anywhere, but it allows a few more concessions for parking than an able bodied driver. This seems all right and correct to me and therefore there is no need for any petitions etc.

As for inconsiderate parking seen plenty of cars parked, well could even say abandoned in all sorts of places, normally because the perfectly fit and able bodied driver thinks that they are the exception to all the restrictions if it means they might have to walk to the shop, ATM or post box.

my friend is a Blue Badge holder,and both my cars are registered for it’s use.when we park in a bay,some folk glare at us,as we’re not a couple of doddering old fogies…but she has MS,and after a brief walk,she starts to struggle,especially with a couple of heavy shopping bags.( i have thought about carrying my own…but hey-ho :laughing: )
but we never park on double-yellows.

I’ll sign it on behalf of my disabled wife after you start a petition to shoot all those lazy bstard able-bodied aseh*les who park in blue badge bays! :imp:

TiredAndEmotional:
Take a chill pill mate…too many people rushing about like headless chickens…and that is a no to signing your petition btw! Let’s see how you feel if you have the misfortune to end up with a blue badge!

Exactly this.

The blue badge gives them a bit “normality” in their life.

And think of how many times you may be parked “not accordingly”

a NO from me

raymundo:
Not a a snowballs hope in hell, how many trucks park on double yellows ■■ …

Parking on double yellows for active loading/unloading is perfectly legal though, so long as there are no loading restrictions and you don’t cause an obstruction.

Law already exists to stop blue badge holders causing an obstruction by parking opposite junctions & on corners etc., it’s just nobody enforces it.

carryfast-yeti:
my friend is a Blue Badge holder,and both my cars are registered for it’s use.

What exactly is it that you’ve “registered” your cars for? The blue badge is issued to the person, not the vehicle and there is no general facility (or requirement) to “register” a vehicle to allow use of the badge for parking etc.

craigp4294:
Hi please can you all sign this petition…I’m sure at some point you have all had problems with access die to a disabled badge users parking on double yellows. They should not be allowed as they are causing an obstruction.

I’ve made a petition – will you sign it?

Click this link to sign the petition:
petition.parliament.uk/petition … ULqc6Y2O0z

My petition:

Stop disabled badge users parking on double yellows

Stop disabled badge users parking on double yellows and causing an obstruction to service, delivery and emergency service vehicles

Click this link to sign the petition:
petition.parliament.uk/petition … ULqc6Y2O0z

No chance .

emmerson2:
I’ll sign it on behalf of my disabled wife after you start a petition to shoot all those lazy bstard able-bodied aseh*les who park in blue badge bays! :imp:

Couldn’t have put it better ,my wife is in the same predicament.

The worst thing about this petition is that 5 people have signed it :frowning:

I won’t be joining them, though I do agree that blue badge holders should have to park responsibly when parking on yellow lines.

tachograph:

I won’t be joining them, though I do agree that blue badge holders should have to park responsibly when parking on yellow lines.

They do…

Roymondo:

tachograph:

They do…

I probably phrased that badly, i know blue badge holders legally have to park responsibly but there are a few who seem to think they can park anywhere they like.

tachograph:

Roymondo:

tachograph:

They do…

I probably phrased that badly, i know blue badge holders legally have to park responsibly but there are a few who seem to think they can park anywhere they like.

Same can easily be said of pretty much any group of road users - goods vehicle drivers in particular (especially tippers…)