Personal Question

Sally:
I’d much rather go down the road with hubby than go on a shopping spree!!! :laughing: …ugh!!!..shopping!!!..yuk :unamused: :frowning:

And I thought I was the only woman in western civilization who hated shopping… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I’ve never gone in the truck with Patrick. His company doesn’t allow passengers, and I couldn’t go because of the kids anyway. Maybe when they’re older. I used to go with my ex quite a bit… and wasn’t impressed… but I"m sure that was more to do the quality of his company (or lack of…) than it was the trip itself… :smiley:

I try to take an interest in what he does, but it can get old fast when its ALL he talks about. :unamused: It isn’t like he’s searching the web looking for nursing or psychology forums to join so he can understand me better lol… but thats men for ya! :wink:

Well I’m a driver and my partner is a driver we met at truckfest this year, we also live 160 mil apart

We only normaly see each other at weekends but this works for us at the moment as I understand his comitments and work, as he does mine

animal:
We only normaly see each other at weekends

…and the same for me animal!! My hubby does tramping. Has done since we first met and thats over 17 years ago so I’m more than used to being on my own during the week (well not completely on my own because the kids have been there as well). I don’t have much problem with it 'cos I’m a very independent person who likes her own space…thats probably why its worked out for me and hubby.

Sally:

Kate Hasler:
One thing I don’t see much of on this site is spouses of the driver. From what I’ve seen, everyone is either a driver, or wants to be… both men and women.

I know Kate…tell me about it!! :wink: I used to come on here quite a lot but like you say, it seems to be only drivers and not their spouses who get involved on here. We must be a rare breed to take an interest in our “other halves” truckin’ life…but then I’m just a common old bird who’ll talk to anyone!!! :laughing: :laughing: I’d much rather go down the road with hubby than go on a shopping spree!!! :laughing: …ugh!!!..shopping!!!..yuk :unamused: :frowning:

because drivers wifes don’t enter these forums,does not mean that they don’t take an interest in there hubby’s job.i’v been with my wife 20 years now 17married,b4 this job i was in the forces and away most of the years.yes i missed most of my son growing up but i knew the score b4 i had kids,and my wife knew what she was getting into.and has been supportive from day1. :wink:

kitkat:
because drivers wifes don’t enter these forums,does not mean that they don’t take an interest in there hubby’s job.i’v been with my wife 20 years now 17married,b4 this job i was in the forces and away most of the years.yes i missed most of my son growing up but i knew the score b4 i had kids,and my wife knew what she was getting into.and has been supportive from day1. :wink:

I wasn’t trying to imply that they aren’t supportive kitkat. I just think that if more spouses/wives ect accessed the forum, they could be a greater support for each other. I’m sure most support their husbands. But with their husbands gone so much, they need support too. On the US site, there is a large number of wives that are members. The problem is that they have a clique… and unless you’ve been on that site for any length of time, they don’t go out of their way to make you feel welcome… bordering on making you unwelcome. I know I’m american… but apparently I mix better with the British… lol. I’ll stick to trucknetUK… I’m more at home here.

kate the thought of you implying anything never even entered my mind.as for small clique’s i spent 12 years in the forces and the wife’s well they leave alot to be desired,if you face fits your in and if not,your an outcast.i suppose your treated the same due to pat being english and you being american that certain wife’s will take a dislike to you,it’s sad kate that people take this line of hatred.we all enter the world the same and sure will leave it the same.life is too short for this carry on. :wink:

I spent first 5 years of married life in the army so she was introduced to me being away alot from day 1 (I spent what should have been a honeymoon on a rugby tour lol)
the next 10 years I worked shifts at an airport so was home everyday. We seemed to argue a lot.
I went back to driving six months ago, I am away at least 2 nights a week and we dont argue anymore

How weird - I started reading this thread, and felt compelled to register to reply. At the bottom, who do I see but my beloved.
He is right, we do argue less, because we don’t see each other.
The problem of him being away (actually, recently, it’s been 3-4 nights out) can be a bit of a pain sometimes, but as he says, he was in the forces. I just count my blessings as he is now at home for christmas, and even new year. I see him every week - end at least, and he could be out there doing a lot worse than driving a lorry. life aint that bad.

Welcome to Trucknet Mrs.51 we definitely need more of us lasses on this site. :wink: :laughing:

Aaaw, thanks for the welcome, Ladytrucker. :smiley:
It’s nice to be here. I’ve always tried to have an interest in David’s jobs, as they were always more like alternative lives/wives. :confused:

mrs5l:
How weird - I started reading this thread, and felt compelled to register to reply. At the bottom, who do I see but my beloved.
He is right, we do argue less, because we don’t see each other.

That seems strange to me. The less Patrick is home, the more we argue. He’s usually home every day, but generally its just long enough to eat dinner and get a couple hours sleep. By the time thursday gets here and we haven’t had a genuine conversation since sunday afternoon, we usually end up arguing over stupid things. Its no one’s fault really, either he’s overly tired, or I’m over stressed with classes and the kids, and all the other responsibilities. Weekends seem to be spent catching up on sleep, errands, and time with the kids, so we don’t have much time alone. We’ve always seemed to work better when we’re together all the time. A nice long vacation together would be nice… but I won’t hold my breath waiting for that.

Never had a problem with him about the driving side of my life, just everything else, hence the reason he left… men!!!

I haven’t got time for a relationship these days, i look after me little man during the day and i’m working nights, weekends i’m recovering from the week and looking after me little man, doing the shopping and seeing mates… need atleast another two days added to a weekend to catchup!!!

But in reality at the moment, i’m home alone the nights i’m not working so get to catch up that way too.!