Perfectly legal

I think we all know that Sterling have got their own trucks, also Qualitas which seems to be the same thing under another name. But when I called Sterling the other day, the phone was answered “LGV Training”.

So presumably Sterling would qualify for the site - given the criteria and yes, Rog, I think you’ve made a very valid point about connections with a brokerage.

S’pose nothings perfect :laughing: :laughing:

there only one way to get rid of the brokers is for the students not to use then and not fall for all the hype, the websites are so full of crap it makes the trainee thing its a good thing, cos there new and also if a website does not have the prices on there question it, most good training school will have up to date prices on there and most will update accordingly most website also have a update date that is when there last update it check that out to cos i have see websites that have not been update for years

most trainees are using brokers at the mo cos the offer finance for the courses at very expensive rates mined you and unfortunately training companies use brokers cos the are after all the two put food on there plate and pay there bills.

your looking at spending 1200 pounds for a course and the more if you want to upgrade.

if your spending this sort of money you have to serious look in to it, don’t jump in at the first flashy website, ask around if you see a training provider that looks good ask them to if you can come in and have a chat and see the yard of site look at the trucks you my be driving, and one thing i did was to ask would be insured to drive the truck and there had no probs in that and i was shown the insurance policy

my motto is check check and check if then you are happy with all your checks you should fined it very enjoyable and look forward of getting to use that licence you were so careful in getting

delboytwo:
there only one way to get rid of the brokers is for the students not to use then and not fall for all the hype,

If only it was that simple - prospective trainees are going in ‘blind’ when they start this sort of venture - in the old days it was ‘look in yellow pages’ and you got a local provider but, in this day of the internet, people will be swayed by what comes up top of a webpage - fact of modern day life.

This website is an opotunuity to get customers coming direct to you. I have created this website as their is a demand for this type of service. I admit it is not for everyone, and I do not expect evryone to join. The criteria has been included to avoid the signing up of the broker and middlemen. One thing I can assure you, No brokers or middlemen. Otherwise the site will not do what it is supposed to do.

The site is new. I have written to most local providers inviting them to join. I have (as you can see) 4 companies that have signed up. To make it viable I need more. I have been speaking with training companies and students for a long time about this. The concensus is that something needs to be done. Well I have done it!. The wesbite will feature on 1st pages of all search engines within 12 weeks. I have been convesring with DSA and various trade journals. The feedback is possitive. I appreciate some companies, including ours have worked with the brokers. At the end of the day we have to pay bills as well. I am not here to tell you how to run your business. That is down to you. I am only here to promote your business.

Re: Costs. I am not asking for any paymen till Feb 2010 while the site gets noticed. The monthly charge, I believe is very fair when compared to Yell.com.

Yell.com advertises everything from plumbers to florists. They also advertise brokers, as well as independents.

Our sole purpose is to promote you. That cannot be a bad thing. No one esle is doing this.
Re: Policing. The DSA reg is voluntary. This will not change. It is too hard for the DSA to manage. The criteria is DSA or RTITB approval to join the site. Those companies that do meet the criteria will not be invited to join. Moreover companees who have lied to join the site will be removed.

This is an honest, straight up website that gives students the easier option of going direct.

If we do nothing is doen, then nothing will be done.

Seems fair enough to me :laughing: :laughing:

seanpargeter:
This website is an opotunuity to get customers coming direct to you. I have created this website as their is a demand for this type of service. I admit it is not for everyone, and I do not expect evryone to join. The criteria has been included to avoid the signing up of the broker and middlemen. One thing I can assure you, No brokers or middlemen. Otherwise the site will not do what it is supposed to do.

The site is new. I have written to most local providers inviting them to join. I have (as you can see) 4 companies that have signed up. To make it viable I need more. I have been speaking with training companies and students for a long time about this. The concensus is that something needs to be done. Well I have done it!. The wesbite will feature on 1st pages of all search engines within 12 weeks. I have been convesring with DSA and various trade journals. The feedback is possitive. I appreciate some companies, including ours have worked with the brokers. At the end of the day we have to pay bills as well. I am not here to tell you how to run your business. That is down to you. I am only here to promote your business.

Re: Costs. I am not asking for any paymen till Feb 2010 while the site gets noticed. The monthly charge, I believe is very fair when compared to Yell.com.

Yell.com advertises everything from plumbers to florists. They also advertise brokers, as well as independents.

Our sole purpose is to promote you. That cannot be a bad thing. No one esle is doing this.
Re: Policing. The DSA reg is voluntary. This will not change. It is too hard for the DSA to manage. The criteria is DSA or RTITB approval to join the site. Those companies that do meet the criteria will not be invited to join. Moreover companees who have lied to join the site will be removed.

This is an honest, straight up website that gives students the easier option of going direct.

Sean, Do yourself a favour if you want to be taken seriously. Use a spell checker :wink:

Otherwise as you can see, I am in support of the website.

Point taken about spelling.

Thank you

Sean

Are you going to back this website by not trading with the brokers?

If you did this then this would add more credibility to the site because at the moment you are feeding the beast you are trying to kill!

If you starve it the beast becomes weak and easier to kill!

The whole reason for this website it to help people avoid the broker. At no point will any kind of broker be listed on this site. There are enough providers out there to cover the UK. If the potential student looks at our website, they are given the facts about HGV training, the facts about brokers and why they should go direct. Once people see the site they can make an informed decision on the benefits of going direct.

My research tells me training companies want it; Students want it and industry as a whole needs some kind of platform and recognition.

Sorry I didn’t answer your last question.

The situation currently is approx 65% of all new entrants are going via the broker. Which means you either do business with them, or not at all.

I have not hidden away from the fact that we trade with them from time to time. Currently we have no other option. As most trainers would agree.

Hence the website. This is a new avenue to explore and exploit. If everyone agreed to stop working with the brokers that would be fine. However, in reality I don’t think this would feasible.

Hi Sean, Good luck with the website!! :smiley:

Having been in and around the training industry for a while, I’ve noticed one thing about some of the ‘brokers’ that seems to give them an edge… Some of them offer credit.

Given that some of them offer credit, it makes me wonder why mainstream training providers don’t follow suit?
A consumer credit licence is fairly easy to obtain, and depending which boxes you tick on the application form, you can act as a credit broker using your firm’s own money and/or pass clients to a finance house.

:bulb: The above might weaken the beast by eroding that which currently sets some of them apart from mainstream providers.

Just a thought. :smiley:

dieseldave:
Hi Sean, Good luck with the website!! :smiley:

Having been in and around the training industry for a while, I’ve noticed one thing about some of the ‘brokers’ that seems to give them an edge… Some of them offer credit.

Given that some of them offer credit, it makes me wonder why mainstream training providers don’t follow suit?
A consumer credit licence is fairly easy to obtain, and depending which boxes you tick on the application form, you can act as a credit broker using your firm’s own money and/or pass clients to a finance house.

:bulb: The above might weaken the beast by eroding that which currently sets some of them apart from mainstream providers.

Just a thought. :smiley:

Hello Dave.

I am not so sure about offering even more credit facilities, especially in a climate like the present. I believe a keen wannabe driver will do what it takes to get on the road. Most people will have access to a credit card or a bank account, money is still cheap from a bank as opposed to a loan shark. You can tell from some of the posts on here that the training brokers are solely commission based sales executives.

The weak and gullible are often tempted by a glitzy advert in a newspaper offering annual salaries of upwards of 40k for £12 per week for 3 years.

Sometimes I have a different opinion to others :laughing:

mainstream training providers don’t follow suit?

We already do. Not over such a long period as some of our friends but it’s interest free. Can’t have it both ways :laughing: :laughing:

I’m a little surprised that more have not yet signed up.

Is this because the price is too high compared to other advertising mediums already available?

I cannot imagine it is due to others not being contacted as there is one heck of a contact list of schools already available on this site.

I would not think it is due to a possible lack of future work coming from the brokers as those that would have booked through them will simply ‘go local’ and probably end up with the same provider that they would have got through a ‘national training provider’.

It would be interesting to find out what the feedback has been from those already contacted…

www.hgvlgvtraining.co.uk has been live since October 1st. The response overall has been extremely positive. Thank you to all those who contributed. As of today we have over 20 local providers listed. We have coverage in England, N. Ireland and Scotland. We are leasing with DSA, RTITB and JAUPT as well as trade journals.
We are still looking for Quality locals to sign up and welcome applications. The website is less than 2 weeks old yet we are receiving on average in excess of 70 hits per day. This is only set to increase. We are working hard to get you promoted.

please feel free to email applications (company profile) to sean@hgvlgvtraining.co.uk or call 0845 833 9400

seanhgvlgvtraining

Local Training. Nationwide

I see this has made it into the pages of roadtransport.com
epidm.edgesuite.net/RBI/roadtran … html#body3

seanpargeter:

You already have two companies to my knowledge who are neither DSA or RTITB registered instructors!!

Smart Mart:

seanpargeter:

You already have two companies to my knowledge who are neither DSA or RTITB registered instructors!!

How do you know if they are any good ?
Who has checked them out ?.
I understand you have costs with the domain and running the site but the fees are not cheap after the free period
You take on work from these Brokers ( Courses ) ?
Have you not become a broker by charging money for people to be on your site and how do you check these people and companies out ?

NAME AND SHAME!! :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

NAME AND SHAME!! :laughing: :laughing:

It’s not up to me to ‘name and shame’, I merely point out the fact that whoever is vetting companies for the site are not doing their homework properly!

All I will say is that they are localish to me, test in Peterborough and one contributes on here from time to time.