Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

Thanks Buzzer for the Massey Ferguson 1250 slurry tanker pics :smiley: , can’t fathom that one :confused: how does it steer, the rear tyre width would cancel any manoeuverability.
youtube youtube.com/watch?v=lUaE6U7O6-k.
Oily

oiltreader:
Thanks Buzzer for the Massey Ferguson 1250 slurry tanker pics :smiley: , can’t fathom that one :confused: how does it steer, the rear tyre width would cancel any manoeuverability.
youtube youtube.com/watch?v=lUaE6U7O6-k.
Oily

Looks like it steers by bending in the middle like a front loader Oily

Yes Dave, centre pivot steering. I see a few at shows, they fetch decent money whenever they appear at auctions as they are classed as ‘classics’ now. Powered by a version of the Perkins 6.354 engine.

Pete.

Thanks rigsby and windrush, my knowledge of steering geometry didn’t go beyond stub axles, king pins and track rods. Looking at this illustration it appears to be hydraulic.
Oily

Here are some pictures of a Massey Ferguson 1200 one at work, we were lent one back in the 70’s when i was in the young farmers for a cultivating marathon along with an 1164 County which I preferred, Buzzer

hqdefault.jpg

Massey_Ferguson_1200_%28restored%29on_MF_50_year_display_at_GDSF_08_-_IMG_1079.jpg

What a nice lineup of oldies any one know where it’s at, Buzzer

Hertford Buzzer,and still operating today!..grand line up too.

David

Thanks to Buzzer for the pics :smiley: .
Out for the first time in 3 months (Hospital appointment Inverness) a bit apprehensive as our campervan is our only motor and they are a disease on their own at the mo, anyway being in town had a visit to B&Q. First pic is the kinda reaction you get, the other two dashcam on the way home.
Oily

Why do you get that sort of look just because of what you drive?

peterm:

I was wondering that, with the field at the back of the house too high in grass at the moment to walk the dogs in (the farmer is always the last in the area to harvest silage) I have to drive 2 minutes down to a camping car stop which has a large field running down to the river, and after the hiatus of lockdown they are beginning to return. Yesterday there were no less than 10 of them there. No bad looks from me, many of them have dogs and I often take time to chat to them. One couple, French/Finnish have been there a few days and seem almost like old friends now. :laughing:

peterm:

Probably because the blinkered public assume that you are out on a ‘camping holiday’ which isn’t officially allowed at present of course. :unamused: We had a VW camper for 21 years and that was our only vehicle.

Pete.

peterm:

Since lockdown there has been a lot of media publicity in Scotland with regard to people travelling from the south heading north for remoter areas to isolate in motorhomes/campervans and second homes, basically flouting stay home advice. I’ve had campervans as my only motor since 1984, wouldn’t have anything else.
Oily
dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scot 
 t-21734717

Ruston Bucyrus, Buzzer.

One from up your end Oily, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Ruston Bucyrus, Buzzer.

Great pic. :wink:

Heres another F89.

7 May 1985
Alfreton Road
Little Eaton
Derbys
Eng.
Certainly a unusual sight in the UK, let alone languishing in a Derbyshire scrapyard.
A German registered Bussing Unterflur 4x2 rigid tilt.
I can only surmise that she had suffered a major malfunction or accident and was beyond economic recovery

It certainly looks to have suffered from the ravages of tinworm.
I wondered whether someone had had a interest in her and tried to disguise her with a Atkinson grill,

Buzzer:
One from up your end Oily, Buzzer

It’s good to see a decent paint job with lining and sign writing rather than the bland white that most use nowadays.

Thanks to Buzzer, DEANB and pyewacket947v for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
The pyewacket BĂŒssing pic would be the model in the first photo with a livery similar to the second photo.
Oily

Bussing Norbert Schnitzler cc by sa 2.0 2006_07_15_Wörth_0271_(8585848352)_(2).jpg

Bussing 2006_07_15_Wörth_0720_(8586118266)_(2) Norbert Schnitzler cc by sa 2.0.jpg

An ERF insuliner, Buzzer

104496391_2656240374589833_91482770826816384_n (2).jpg

MOP 2321 Bussing 8000 . (Pegaso Cab) Seen 22.2.99 Council Works Depot . Burgos . Spain courtesy of Dave Fawcett.
Oily