Past Present and in Between in Pictures (Part 1)

image.jpegunloading yesterday inbetween the 132,000 volt transformers , being wet and cloudy there were quite some noises .

Punchy Dan:
0unloading yesterday inbetween the 132,000 volt transformers , being wet and cloudy there were quite some noises .

I hope you wore your “wellies” and rubber gloves Dan’l ! :open_mouth: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

No but the nice man did Earth the lorry !

Punchy Dan:
No but the nice man did Earth the lorry !

Well that would have livened the Foden wiring up a bit Dan’l if it got a belt of that transformer !

image.jpeg

Punchy Dan:

Thought you said you were delivering, looks like your robbing it to me ! :open_mouth: :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Whats my laptop doing this for :question: :question: :question: :confused: :confused: :confused: , Regards Larry.

018.JPG

hiya Larry here’s another air cooled Maggie ,my cousin drove it from the day of his 17 th birthday passing his test in the morning , it once went to France returning with villiers engines .

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Whats my laptop doing this for :question: :question: :question: :confused: :confused: :confused: , Regards Larry.

IMG_0582.JPG

Hi tynside, yes thats the man, I believe he worked for the Michelin company, he has a lot to do with organising the Tyne Tees Rally these days.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Leyland600:
Hi tynside, yes thats the man, I believe he worked for the Michelin company, he has a lot to do with organising the Tyne Tees Rally these days.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Hi Leyland 600

Thought that was the case. I remember him as some sort of area engineer/rep/trouble shooter for Michelin. That was in the sixties and I was still at school.
He was in one day during the summer holidays and he asked me how I was getting on at school and I explained a problem I was having understanding a particular aspect of the physics lessons. He thought for a few minutes and then got his yellow “tyre chalk” out and did some diagrams on the workshop wall, the light bulb in my head flickered and all became clear. He explained in five minutes what the teacher couldn’t do in nearly three months.
Not sure if it is true but he once told me he got an order for tyres from Jakey Adams while lying under a Scammell unit helping him to replace the prop shaft. He always had his overalls with him when visiting some of the old time haulage men.

Tyneside

Two for today, one from your neck of the woods Oily & the other an Austrian International wine transporter from way back, a Mercedes badged unit would be rare today Buzzer.

Thanks to rastone, Punchy Dan, Lawrence Dunbar and Buzzer for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Payload with strings attached :laughing: .
Oily

A few odments

Peak Truck Show 2006 013.jpg

PEAK TRUCK SHOW 1 2003.JPG

img017.jpg

One from up your end Oily and a very rare beast at that, looks like its the like of a Matador & is in the Auction at the Great Dorset steam fair this week end, Buzzer

Anyone know what make this is ■■ Certainly a good idea !

Thanks to rastone, Buzzer and DEANB for the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

One for rastone :slight_smile: .
Oily

Ford jambox998 cc by nc nd 2.0 18755896093_4b2f07b65fjambox_k.jpg

Buzzer:
One from up your end Oily and a very rare beast at that, looks like its the like of a Matador & is in the Auction at the Great Dorset steam fair this week end, Buzzer

That’s a cracker Buzzer :smiley: Mammoth Mongrel details here ccmv.aecsouthall.co.uk/p56433741 … 3#he6804e3
Oily