PAN EXPRESS

Hi Chalkey
Here is a photo of Bill Hall’s White RC2 when he was pulling for PanExpress.

I took the picture at the Londra Camp in Istanbul, about 1986-7
GS OVERLAND

GS OVERLAND:
Hi Chalkey
Here is a photo of Bill Hall’s White RC2 when he was pulling for PanExpress.

I took the picture at the Londra Camp in Istanbul, about 1986-7
GS OVERLAND

Hullo Gavin,
I seem to recall that White Road Commander. Was that the one that Glenn Campbell wound up with ? I seem to remember he was doing Greece with a very similar Motor. Or was it the other way around ?
Cheers, Archie.

truckin in the 80’s - pages 19 & 39

Hi I owned an ex Pan Express Scania 140 NAR608P

I put this on the Southampton thread last week

Could this have been my Scania 140 NAR608P when new in 1976?

Towards the end of it’s days! driver was Paddy (Sandals) Keoghan

Not the clearest of pictures but the 140 dieseling up is NAR608P…one of Pats (ainacs)motors before he ran it.

Hi another pic of NAR 608P before I owned it from Marc (Bubblwman)'s Scrapbook thread.

Paddy Keoghan drove it

Thanks Marc for another pic of NAR 608P from before I owned it

This is what it looked like when I bought it with a broken gearbox from Malcolm Harrison’s

This must have been who had it before me

Here it is when I owned it somewhere in France I think with SEV928W and BOR 721V

I think the Infradex one is when John Arnett from Coventry had it.

Pat what year did you buy 608P from Harrisons, my Brother and I went to look at one at harrisons around 1980, with a view to doing some M/E work for whittles could this have been the one we test drove.

Dieseldogsix:
I think the Infradex one is when John Arnett from Coventry had it.

Pat what year did you buy 608P from Harrisons, my Brother and I went to look at one at harrisons around 1980, with a view to doing some M/E work for whittles could this have been the one we test drove.

Sorry I can’t honestly remember when I bought it, it was advertised as needing a gearbox for quite a while as it had the familiar Scania problem of jumping out of topgear. It was when Malcom was at the yard near the cooling towers and Frank Lewis was working for him.

But I would have thought that it would have been a bit later than 1980 though as it would only have been 4 years old then!

It was red when I bought it with the aircon on the roof that actually worked really well blowing out really cold air a novelty for me in those days.

Regards Pat

hi all,
i think? this might be one of pan express’.i was told he had swapped trailers with the f88 in front for some reason?that f88 was owned by j&m transport from south wales.it says on the back of the photo garden of eden 1976.
regards andrew