97/fh16
2005 /fh12
2006/fh13
2010 Renault premiums/460
Bulkers work mainly, hay straw trailer, timber crane trailer & low loader

Out sourced transport manager and contract with local garage
But as much maintenance as we can do ourselves is done

Strawgalore:
Two wagon n drags with a combined age of 25 , rented yard, telehandler , own tm , only subbed work is for other small hauliers. , independent garage does my spannering .

That fh12 your dad came in is nice truck
Was in big bale Northern yard today
They got few 02’s coming up for sale.
I could swap for straw!!

Jnt channer then ? You sound like a diverse operator ,and able to accommodate most types of work .

Dan Punchard:
Jnt channer then ? You sound like a diverse operator ,and able to accommodate most types of work .

That’s the idea
Forgot we have a 70 yard steel scrap bulkier also
That’s stranded in Devon tonight with fh13 I shift problem
To be honest 80-90% what we do is general bulker work
Hay straw as and when it comes in and few weeks running to wales at harvest
Timber trailer mainly for own use to keep log pile stocks up.

As someone generally interested in haulage and, generally smaller companies and how they compete with all these price slashing big boys… Other than getting contracts with local firms, traction or sub contracting… How do you find the work, both outgoing loads and coming back? Do you use these exchange websites? Or, do you just look on Google or whatever and see there is a brick works, or a timber merchant or a Bibby and the likes and just ring them for any work, do you get an account with them for future loads?

Also, rates… Do you dictate or do they or is there a certain amount of bartering? E.g you say a rate and they knock you down?