Overlenght lorries

Colin_scottish:

robroy:

jakethesnake:
Really Mr arrogance, It is only legal if they are secure and without seeing and checking them you would not know that. FFS. :unamused: Stop being an arrogant [zb]. :unamused:

Tbf mate, how many methods of strapping back doors open, other than chuck a strap over the roof taking in the doors and tightening upโ€ฆ do you know. :neutral_face:

He might have a special way only the keyboard knows :wink:

So funny colin, so funny. :unamused:

Just out of curiosity โ€ฆ What is the max length over there now ? My last UK job I had a Scania wagon and drag, it was 65 feet long and the limit then was 60 feet for such a vehicle but mine was exempt because it was an exhibition vehicle. I canโ€™t actually remember the limit for an artic there, I know we had 13 meter trailers on Tesco. I have been here 18 years and although I return every couple of years I donโ€™t take much notice. I know that over here it varies, my first truck here was 72 feet long when hooked to a 53 ft trailer, thats the limit in Vermont but elsewhere I have seen extra long tractors hooked to them and must be over 80 feet long. A set of doubles here can be 120 feet long.

Hello Pat, thought someone else may have answered you by now. If my memory serves me right artics overall are app 53ft and drawbars app 60ft.

jakethesnake:
Hello Pat, thought someone else may have answered you by now. If my memory serves me right artics overall are app 53ft and drawbars app 60ft.

Thanks for the reply Jake :slight_smile:

16.5m for an artic
18.75 for a wag an drag

Over length.