One Sheep

Why is this guy getting a hard time?
Have I missed a crucial point in this or what??
Could be wrong but it looks to me like he’d got himself into a situation where it was too tight to turn right without taking the lights or the barrier with him, so he weighed up the situation and decided to back in to his right to turn left instead, and got away without a major damage balls up occurence…I reckon if that is the true version the lad did ok tbh.

Apart from the perfects on here :unamused: , we’ve all found ourselves in ■■■■ ups and misjudgements, it’s how you get out of them that determines good or bad drivers.
I always try and keep calm, not get flustered, ignore comments and reactions from others, weigh it up and try and make the best out of a bloody bad situation…as it appears that this lad did imo. :bulb:

The only d/head arse hole there was him recording :smiling_imp: , waiting for a result instead of walking over and watching the lad’s trailer/ns unit corner, as he backed up. :imp:

robroy:
Could be wrong but it looks to me like he’d got himself into a situation where it was too tight to turn right without taking the lights or the barrier with him, so he weighed up the situation and decided to back in to his right to turn left instead, and got away without a major damage balls up occurence…I reckon if that is the true version the lad did ok tbh.

But he wasn’t turning right he was doing a u-turn.

So life according to TNUK is…

Nobody makes a mistake. Ever.

Nobody gets out of bed for less than 50k a year.

Nobody works more than six hours a week.

Any more?

tachograph:

robroy:

Ok, you sound as if you know something I don’t, just wondering how you know…(I have not been arsed to read all the facebook comments etc, so there maybe lies the problem. :blush: )

toonsy:
So life according to TNUK is…

Nobody makes a mistake. Ever.

Seems to be about the size of it.
Almost everyone on here has never made a mistake and holds the highest standard of driving available.
Its what makes them able to pass judgement on everyone else and call for them to have their license removed at the mere hint of making a mistake.
Us mere mortals can only hope to achieve the superior standards of some of the driving gods who use this site.

Again plenty here still missing the point, it’s not about “never making a mistake” yes of course I have, that was never in question, it’s about using your common sense and basic level of intelligence to tell yourself that the ■■■■ truck isn’t going to fit around doing a U’ie there, or maybe you’re all right and I am in fact a better driver than you twonks, who knows… :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

If, as it has been stated on here the Driver was attempting a u turn and not just trying to turn right at the lights and misjudged the room needed then in my mind he doesn’t have a clue of his vehicles size or the space needed to make the attempted maneuver. There’s not one person that doesn’t make mistakes and there nothing wrong with people making a point on a forum, that is what the forum is for. Two choices , agree or disagree.

No one missing any points, he made a miscall misjudgement whatever you want to call it, but he realised his ■■■■ up and sorted it out without demolishing half the town.

Sorting it won’t have been helped by being in a bloody MAN armed with Arsetronic either.

robroy:

tachograph:

robroy:

Ok, you sound as if you know something I don’t, just wondering how you know…(I have not been arsed to read all the facebook comments etc, so there maybe lies the problem. :blush: )

I only know what’s in the video and there is no right turn that I can see, well not unless he’s just driven out the front door of McDonalds anyway :laughing:

However I have just noticed possibly why he was trying to do a u-turn there, at the beginning and end of the video you can see a sign saying “road ahead closed”, maybe he thought it was his last chance to turn back, but even then he clearly never took up anywhere near the space that was available to him.

robbo99:
There’s not one person that doesn’t make mistakes and there nothing wrong with people making a point on a forum, that is what the forum is for.

I couldn’t agree more, sometimes people forget what a discussion forum is for :wink: