One for the newbies.......when we used to "DRIVE" the truck

jakethesnake:

Santa:
A bit of a wimp though; he’s got power steering and a knob on the wheel.

When I started - everything was manual except the brakes had vacuum assistance. Would you believe that we had to wind a handle to open and close the window?

Handles to open the windows. What about the ones that you slide open and shut.
If my memory serves me well some of the old Leylands and AEC’s had them. :smiley:

That’s what Woodbines were invented for, to keep the sliding windows up, [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:

jakethesnake:

Santa:
A bit of a wimp though; he’s got power steering and a knob on the wheel.

When I started - everything was manual except the brakes had vacuum assistance. Would you believe that we had to wind a handle to open and close the window?

Handles to open the windows. What about the ones that you slide open and shut.
If my memory serves me well some of the old Leylands and AEC’s had them. :smiley:

That’s what Woodbines were invented for, to keep the sliding windows up, [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha yeah, used to be a little lever you slid across to lock them but nine times out of ten it was knackered. :laughing:

AECs and Leylands with the Ergomatic cab had a big lever to open the windows, best system ever until it got worn and the windows would drop on their own on a bumpy stretch.

newmercman:
AECs and Leylands with the Ergomatic cab had a big lever to open the windows, best system ever until it got worn and the windows would drop on their own on a bumpy stretch.

Yeah, but only when it was freezing cold and peeing with rain or snowing.

robroy:

no1dieselman:
I think we should stick all these “real” drivers back into the piles of junk that they remember with rose tinted specs and see how quickly they want to return to the modern world. Nostalgia is not all its cracked up to be.

Don’t include me in that, I’ve already said I don’t want to go back to all that. :smiley:

I’m with Rob all the way on this one; nostalgia is all very well, but try and get me back into some of the things I was driving in the 70’s and 80’s and you’ll have a REAL fight on your hands. :angry: :angry: :angry: