New KFC delivery partner DHL does not deliver [Merged]

AndrewG:

Captain Caveman 76:

AndrewG:

Actrosman:
As for paying for the damage above higher wages, wages are good, damage (where applicable) gets repaired…there’s [zb] drivers in any job for any company

At ‘my’ place employed drivers are on a 100eur p/m no damage bonus. Theres also a 500eur excess to pay for any at fault ins claims. Needless to say any minor ding or scrape coming to under that figure is paid willingly by the driver. This is just for the unit, our old tilts are not affected. The drivers we have take pride in their trucks anyway but theres an incentive in there somewhere…

Bloody Hell Andrew, admitting to terms like that will make some posters on here choke on their Sauvignon Blanc! (Or lambrini)

Was it you telling us your company will only take on drivers with ten years relevant experience? I may have mixed you up with someone else, but if not, why put that in the contract? It’s almost as if they expect drivers to damage kit.

That was me mate. 10 years checkable experience plus the ins excess clause. It works both ways though with the company no damage scheme. Obviously its only at fault incidents which are applicable and very rarely is it implemented. Small damage like a broken lense or minor paint scrape drivers take care of themselves (without the co. knowing) to keep their bonus intact.
Personally i think its a good incentive for drivers to take care of company property…

Nowt wrong with a carrot and stick approach I suppose. Looking at the numbers, 2 accidents a year and you’d still be in profit!! :laughing: I doubt the bosses see it that way though.

Just goes to show though, if drivers with a decade of experience need incentives not to damage kit, what chance do newbies stand?

i sense someone high up in logistics has decided that KFC needed to be taught a lesson. possibly not even in logistics. even if youre just a small cog that can put a spoke in the wheel at the right time

years back i got diddled out of £200 from a business. about 3 years later i joined an undercover online campaign to discredit it and the business fought back but too late, ceased trading within about 6 months

“Gis a job?”
“No, mate”.
“I’m a hard worker. Gis a job.”
“Nah. Sorry”
“Go on, I can do that. Gis a job”.
“No. Too complicated,”
“Gis a job. I’ll do it cheap,”
“Yeah, alright”.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Actrosman:
1 or 2 things DHL ‘might’ have forgotten about when they tendered for KFC… Several multi temp depots in strategic areas around the country to cater for the number of outlets that require 3 or 4 deliveries/week, 7 days/week & 364 days/year…300 (guesstimate) dual compartment, multi temp vehicles (probably of which they don’t have many at or above 18, and that’s without the above mentioned artics…600 (another guesstimate) drivers to work bloody hard to get these deliveries out to keep the fridges full at all times (and from what you read on here about no [zb] wanting multidrop, they’ll be lucky to get a couple of dozen!) These trucks aren’t readily available if you don’t already have them, they may be a ‘special’ build (compartments/tunnels running front to back and not always a 50/50 split) and at that required number, will take an age to be built & delivered. Good luck DHL, you sure are gonna need it by the bucketful…there might be some spares kicking about any of the logistics sites! It wouldn’t surprise me if KFC Big Chiefs have already been in touch with Bidvest chiefs begging to come back…better the devil an’ all that

As for paying for the damage above higher wages, wages are good, damage (where applicable) gets repaired…there’s [zb] drivers in any job for any company

We have depots around the country that can cater for multi temps that can serve the further flung areas that already do so.

Also seen some new 67 plate rigids that are for the KFC contract at depots.

So whilst people may think or think they know, the reality may be very different.

I’ve said it before yes they are not perfect and have made a pigs ear of it but things have most likely been considered and planned for. Something has gone drastically wrong with the transition.

Some of the blame can squarely be laid at the door of KFC bosses if the contract was taken on at a lower cost, lower cost will always cause some problems as margins are reduced. No one ever blames the client looking for a cheaper cost, why do they do so, oh yeah so they can make more money.

Again none of us know why they chose not to renew with Bidvest. They could have been having lots of problems with them, maybe not on such a grand scale as this initially but enough small enough issues to warrant wanting a new supplier. Just because the contract has been renegotiated does not automatically mean it was due to a lower cost.

None of us know enough facts to squarely lay blame at anyone’s door only the KFC bosses and DHL management know the full ins and outs.

The oldest phrase in cartage springs to mind, you’re only as good as your last delivery, no one cares about the successful ones.

I hear that in Africa they’ve started a “Just Giving” page for those affected in the UK by the kfc food shortage.

I’m really not surprised at this.

Twice a week at my last job we had a drop of a single pallet to a DHL depot. It became known as the “Day off” because you’d rock up there at your booked in time of 10am, and still be sat there at 3pm waiting to be unloaded.

It was a high value pallet but just a single one that could be got off easily by a small child with a pallet truck. Generally those days had to be planned to get 3 or so drops in on the way there and a couple on the way back, when generally a day was 18 (nice easy) drops. Absolutely put a spanner in any sort of productivity.

The quickest anyone was in and out of there was 3 hours. In the end it got given to a private courier to take the job, far cheaper for them to sit there than for us to have a 18 tonner idle for nearly an entire day.

peirre:
I hear that in Africa they’ve started a “Just Giving” page for those affected in the UK by the kfc food shortage.

:laughing:

I’m currently sat opposite a KFC that appears to running as normal.
I’m considering buying thier stock and driving round a city with no working KFC with a Loud speaker.

“Fried chicken, get your fried chicken here”.

I’d probably earn more than I do in this job.

peirre:

Worrying really, first the carnage from the earthquake, then KFC. What next? It always comes in threes!

Has anybody blamed it on Brexit yet?

Rentadent:
Has anybody blamed it on Brexit yet?

The Colonel was a yank, so we can blame Trump I guess.

Just seen a delivery being made in Northampton, plain white rigid.

098Joe:
Just seen a delivery being made in Northampton, plain white rigid.

Sssshhhhh!!! It’s all undercover at the mo’, you’ll start a bloody riot!

KFC ARE PENNY WISE POUND FOOLISH LOL

Considering that most/many of the KFC restaurants are franchises, will KFC actually be out of pocket? Or will they point at the contract, and demand the franchise fee regardless, and leave the franchisee to take the hit?

It looks like DHL using couriers now

My missus works next door to a KFC. She was telling me that one of the girls in the KFC store took a delivery from DHL and the food was delivered at 10 degrees celsius :astonished:

Ended up having to shut up shop as they ran out of food.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-co … e-43142498

DHL has been storing all KFC chicken at an unregistered cold-storage facility in Rugby.

The storage depot at the centre of the KFC chicken crisis had not been registered or inspected before problems emerged this week, and could have been closed down for breaching safety rules, a local council has revealed.

KFC said some poultry at the depot would have to be destroyed.

Read the full article here in The Guardian