New driver, what sat nav?

It’s not about absolution, it’s about being professional and looking out for your own interests, and for many, their “new found career”. One too many FUBARS, or just one of the right kind of FUBAR, and drivers can legitimately be shown the door.

And, as I said in another thread today, there’s fierce competition for every vacancy, employers are overwhelmed with choice, and someone who presents as prepared and professional (which would include having their own pro-Sat Nav) is more likely to be successful in an interview than the next guy who is winging it with a free app.

Yes, far from typical, I just added that for colour, and perhaps to stave off inevitable outlying data comments, such as the “Smoking doesn’t cause cancer, my granny smoked 20 a day and lived to be 105…” :joy:

Understood. :+1:

There is too the YouTube effect.

Hundreds of videos of cars crashing and lucky escapes. There are rules about showing death/injury and so the world according to YT is all near misses, and just like in “cartoon world” no one ever dies.
The outliers become the perceived norm.

1 Like

Didn’t one of the dutch firms get caught for having a driver on daily rest in his unit, while it was on the low loader of one of his colleagues, making good progress toward the port?

I am 99.9% sure I know of the incident you mean, and it is on TNUK somewhere, but nowt to do with sat-nav.
It was a traffic stop of some sort and caught red-handed…*red eyed?

Ed to add
*Hampshire and Thames Valley crackdown catches sleeping HGV driver - BBC News

There was a lot of speculation that the trucks were of an orangey/red colour…