Neil Young sues Trump

All I can say,Franglais,is that your sources and mine differ.
How about Michelle Obama for president in 5 years?

Dipster:
Let me throw this question in to the mix then, just out of interest.

If it was possible would you be happy for the UK to be the 51st state of the US?

No just as I wouldn’t be happy for England to be part of UK or EU or the EUSSR West Eurasian Province of Communist China.

While even if I was living in a US State I’d also want to return to the terms of the original Articles of Confederation meaning less control given to the Federal government.HTH.

Gidders:
All I can say,Franglais,is that your sources and mine differ.
How about Michelle Obama for president in 5 years?

I have put up some links, so you can check out the stories and decide whether their sources are good enough or not.
If you have other and better sources then feel free to share, or maybe say why they are somehow secret?
Michele Obama for Pres?
I do have problems with “Presidential Dynasties” as a concept.
Bit although I don’t know that much about her, I don’t see why not?
Good degree and legal qualifications.
More intelligence than an idiot who thinks self injecting Dettol or bleach is a good idea.

I’ll admit that I’m drawn to Trump precisely because he is a maverick and certainly not all there! I will concede however that those traits are arguably NOT what you’d look for in the leader of the free world!

I can’t help feeling though that the majority of the hate stems not from his actions but overwhelmingly because it’s "fashionable " to hate him.

Franglais:
More intelligence than an idiot who thinks self injecting Dettol or bleach is a good idea.

Can you show exactly where he said ‘‘self inject dettol/bleach’’.
Anything IV is rarely if ever allowed to be administered outside of the hospital environment and hospitals don’t use dettol or bleach.
It’s clear that Trump was referring to anti malarial treatments being a possible help.
It’s also obvious that you’ve got no problem with even a dictatorship so long as it agrees with your ideas.

the maoster:
I’ll admit that I’m drawn to Trump precisely because he is a maverick and certainly not all there! I will concede however that those traits are arguably NOT what you’d look for in the leader of the free world!

I can’t help feeling though that the majority of the hate stems not from his actions but overwhelmingly because it’s "fashionable " to hate him.

For me it is purely for his actions throughout his life. Not a man I would associate with.

the maoster:

Nail on head maoster , when asked on tv why they hated Trump students couldn’t give a clear answer . Some trotted out the usual line about mysoginist etc , but not one of them could explain what the word mysoginist actually means . the Democrat defeat with the attendant tantrums started the Trump hate campaign . The fact that Trump is president at all is a condemnation of the total degrading of their political system , if the two parties couldn’t do any better than Trump and Hilary the whole system is shambolic .

Carryfast:

Franglais:

Anything IV is rarely if ever allowed to be administered outside of the hospital environment and hospitals don’t use dettol or bleach.
It’s clear that Trump was referring to anti malarial treatments being a possible help.
It’s also obvious that you’ve got no problem with even a dictatorship so long as it agrees with your ideas.

A misquote by me.
He firstly talks about shining lights through the skin? Or having a light source inside the body, then says, about “injecting disinfectant”, but youre right again he does concede that "youre gonna have to use medical doctors".

Franglais:

Carryfast:

Franglais:

A misquote by me.
He firstly talks about shining lights through the skin? Or having a light source inside the body, then says, about “injecting disinfectant”, but youre right again he does concede that "youre gonna have to use medical doctors".

I just wish a doctor had granted his wish and injected him with disinfectant… That way we would know for sure if it worked as he thought it might.

Franglais:
A misquote by me.

Ironically people are dying because they abandoned the idea of UV dialysis which was proven to work on both bacterial and viral infections before the days of IV anti biotics and anti viral meds.In fact it was all they had.

So they went for anti bios and anti virals instead of not as well as obviously to save cash.

It’s not rocket science to realise that he was talking about getting UV light to the thing one way or another and whatever stuff they had in the armoury to throw at it.( In this case there was anecdotal evidence, at that time, that anti malarials were having some effect ).

One day you might find yourself in the position of pleading with doctors to do exactly that and nothing to do with Covid.

Carryfast:

Franglais:
A misquote by me.

Ironically people are dying because they abandoned the idea of UV dialysis which was proven to work on both bacterial and viral infections before the days of IV anti biotics and anti viral meds.In fact it was all they had.

So they went for anti bios and anti virals instead of not as well as obviously to save cash.

It’s not rocket science to realise that he was talking about getting UV light to the thing one way or another and whatever stuff they had in the armoury to throw at it.( In this case there was anecdotal evidence, at that time, that anti malarials were having some effect ).

One day you might find yourself in the position of pleading with doctors to do exactly that and nothing to do with Covid.

Dr Birx did not seem to see it quite that way when Trump mentioned it to her in public in the White House. I thought she looked quite taken aback and no other doctors seemed to think it was the way to go afterwards. I wonder why?.

Sorry,Franglais.My interest in computers is limited and I have no interest in learning how to post links or up/download videos from whatever source.I don’t own a phone or a camera.
That does not stop me researching information issued by city tv stations in north america,or national news outlets anywhere else.I am the world’s most cynical man and I form my own opinions.I suppose I could write the sources on a piece of paper and rewrite them onto a post here but is it really sufficiently important?
I’ve been impressed with the research you have done with your posts over the years even if I and others disagree.

Dipster:
Dr Birx did not seem to see it quite that way when Trump mentioned it to her in public in the White House. I thought she looked quite taken aback and no other doctors seemed to think it was the way to go afterwards. I wonder why?.

When ‘Trump’ mentioned exactly what to her.He’s not a doctor he’s never pretended to be a Doctor.
Why would any doctor be ‘taken aback’ at any suggestions based on what was known at the time.

Asking a doctor to try to do whatever it takes based on whatever we know isn’t the mark of an evil person.Unlike the scum working at the Wuhan lab.

apmhealtheurope.com/freestor … r-covid-19

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3831650/

Gidders:
Sorry,Franglais.My interest in computers is limited and I have no interest in learning how to post links or up/download videos from whatever source.I don’t own a phone or a camera.
That does not stop me researching information issued by city tv stations in north america,or national news outlets anywhere else.I am the world’s most cynical man and I form my own opinions.I suppose I could write the sources on a piece of paper and rewrite them onto a post here but is it really sufficiently important?
I’ve been impressed with the research you have done with your posts over the years even if I and others disagree.

Any complements you pass my way are ill deserved.
I sometimes put up posts (without links) about stuff from various sources, that I might think are “common knowledge” but am taken aback when they are disputed. I guess it’s the same for you. Because of this I sometimes sprinkle too many links and references around, putting off others.
Most of the stuff I read is from the dreaded “MSM” main stream media.
You know, where they have editors, lawyers, reputations, and an address in the real world, where papers can be served to sue them if they are wrong!
And most MSM sites say where they got their info from. Not always the case.
There are some honest small news sites out there, but those who consistently “scoop” a story are not really credible, are they?
Of course we can all disagree about the correct course to take in light of any set of facts. That is only right and proper. I do though get upset when “fake news” is used.
Trump and his campaign team used that phrase to good effect. He and they ran a strong presidential campaign. (Obvious because he…won…) But although it is an excellent rallying call, it can ring hollow.
Any news you don’t like “Fake news. Fake.news”. No explanation, just two words and any criticism can be neutralized.
Oh, well. BBQ coming up to temp…catch you later. [emoji3]

Carryfast:

Franglais:
A misquote by me.

What?
UV dialysis is all they had? Who? When?
UV dialysis of what? Blood? Water?
And this predates vaccines?
Shining a UV light on one’s skin does what?
Shining a UV up your **** does what?
What “anecdotal” evidence about anti malarial drugs?
Apart from any bllx he was spouting?
Lots of talk but nowt of consequence

Franglais:
What?
UV dialysis of what? Blood?

If you’ve ever seeing a close relative dying in front of your eyes because the bugs are always one step ahead of the IV antibiotics you’d make it your business not to be so bleedin ignorant.What other dialysis is there other than blood. :unamused:
( It can alo be turned against viral infections just the same and by all accounts this one hates UV it tears it apart ).

statnews.com/2016//08/29/sup … tibiotics/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6122858/

bornclinic.com/service/ultravio … treatment/

Carryfast:

Franglais:
What?
UV dialysis of what? Blood?

If you’ve ever seeing a close relative dying in front of your eyes because the bugs are always one step ahead of the IV antibiotics you’d make it your business not to be so bleedin ignorant.What other dialysis is there other than blood. :unamused:
( It can alo be turned against viral infections just the same and by all accounts this one hates UV it tears it apart ).

statnews.com/2016//08/29/sup … tibiotics/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6122858/

bornclinic.com/service/ultravio … treatment/

The first link is irrelevant. However the other two seem interesting.
There is some good research going on it seems.
Thanks for that.
But your initial statement that UV “is all they had” still seems wrong to me.
And for your info although “dialysis” is most often encountered by us in hospitals for blood:
britannica.com/science/dial … separation

It can be used in any liquid.

the maoster:
I’m no expert in American politics (or any politics come to think of it) so have no axe to grind either way. Like most people I’ve been aware of the existence of Trump for years but have had complete ambivalence towards him. I cannot deny however that he is very much a divisive character for whatever reason.

So humour me please; why should I hate Trump? Persuade me. Conversely can someone persuade me why I should love Trump?

I was looking at summat else when I came across this nice little graphic.
For all those who think, “They`re all the same. They all lie”. nytimes.com/interactive/201 … worse.html
Trump told over 5 times more lies in his first ten months as Pres, than Obama did in his full 8 yrs.

And their attitude to any falsehoods is different.
“We have used the word “lies” again here, as we did in our original piece. If anything, though, the word is unfair to Obama and Bush. When they became aware that they had been saying something untrue, they stopped doing it. Obama didn’t continue to claim that all Americans would be able to keep their existing health insurance under Obamacare, for example, and Bush changed the way he spoke about Iraq’s weapons capability.
Trump is different. When he is caught lying, he will often try to discredit people telling the truth, be they judges, scientists, F.B.I. or C.I.A. officials, journalists or members of Congress. Trump is trying to make truth irrelevant. It is extremely damaging to democracy, and it’s not an accident. It’s core to his political strategy.”

Franglais:

the maoster:
I’m no expert in American politics (or any politics come to think of it) so have no axe to grind either way. Like most people I’ve been aware of the existence of Trump for years but have had complete ambivalence towards him. I cannot deny however that he is very much a divisive character for whatever reason.

So humour me please; why should I hate Trump? Persuade me. Conversely can someone persuade me why I should love Trump?

For all those who think, “They`re all the same. They all lie”. nytimes.com/interactive/201 … worse.html
Trump told over 5 times more lies in his first ten months as Pres, than Obama did in his full 8 yrs.

"We have used the word “lies” again here, as we did in our original piece. If anything, though, the word is unfair to Obama and Bush. When they became aware that they had been saying something untrue, they stopped doing it. Obama didn’t continue to claim that all Americans would be able to keep their existing health insurance under Obamacare, for example, and Bush changed the way he spoke about Iraq’s weapons capability.

Trump is different. When he is caught lying, he will often try to discredit people telling the truth, be they judges, scientists, F.B.I. or C.I.A. officials, journalists or members of Congress. Trump is trying to make truth irrelevant. It is extremely damaging to democracy, and it’s not an accident. It’s core to his political strategy."

Are we not seeing this attitude towards untruths (and relentlessly repeating them) amongst certain UK politicians too? One thing I regret at my age is that I happily allowed politics to pass me by whilst I worked. Thus, to a degree, I blame myself in part for the 2008 financial fiasco. I did not scream when the politicians allowed the bankers much too much liberty and look where that got us. Some people did raise their voices on wrongs they saw. Clive Ponting was one. Remember him? He saw serious wrongdoing and shouted it out. He died recently by the way.

To you all here who seem to take an interest in politics I say do not hesitate in letting the politicians know your thoughts. In these days of technology it is easier than it ever has been!

Dipster:

Franglais:

the maoster:

"We have used the word “lies” again here, as we did in our original piece. If anything, though, the word is unfair to Obama and Bush. When they became aware that they had been saying something untrue, they stopped doing it. Obama didn’t continue to claim that all Americans would be able to keep their existing health insurance under Obamacare, for example, and Bush changed the way he spoke about Iraq’s weapons capability.

Trump is different. When he is caught lying, he will often try to discredit people telling the truth, be they judges, scientists, F.B.I. or C.I.A. officials, journalists or members of Congress. Trump is trying to make truth irrelevant. It is extremely damaging to democracy, and it’s not an accident. It’s core to his political strategy."

Are we not seeing this attitude towards untruths (and relentlessly repeating them) amongst certain UK politicians too? One thing I regret at my age is that I happily allowed politics to pass me by whilst I worked. Thus, to a degree, I blame myself in part for the 2008 financial fiasco. I did not scream when the politicians allowed the bankers much too much liberty and look where that got us. Some people did raise their voices on wrongs they saw. Clive Ponting was one. Remember him? He saw serious wrongdoing and shouted it out. He died recently by the way.

To you all here who seem to take an interest in politics I say do not hesitate in letting the politicians know your thoughts. In these days of technology it is easier than it ever has been!

Are UK politicians of the same mould as Trump?
One Mr Johnson springs to mind.
Not only using official stats very dubiously, but squirming when caught out rather than holding his hand up. Anyone can make an honest mistake, but those who deny the truth should never be in any position of responsibility.
His misleading statements about Brexit are well documented, his more recent offerings include UK child poverty stats.
ft.com/content/4b3d8216-9aa … abd2619093