My little dog

Think if the op contacts jakethesnake he’ll be sorted.

JohnNicholls:

whisperingsmith:
Once upon a time as an owner-driver I bought a unit on very good terms, but when I got it home discovered the previous driver had kept a dog in the cab, not only could you smell it, but it took weeks to get the cab clean and free of dog hairs.

When I went on to run a small fleet, anyone trying to bring a dog with him would have been shown the door or asked to supply his own truck.

Dogs are great companions, but not to be imposed on anyone else.

My dog is hypoallergenic, so he doesn’t stink or moult.

“Hypoallergenic Dog”?
Contentious, claim at the least.

Think your best bet would be to get on the tippers.I’ve worked for a couple of firms in the past who’ve let drivers take their small dogs out with them

BeakFreak81:
Think your best bet would be to get on the tippers.I’ve worked for a couple of firms in the past who’ve let drivers take their small dogs out with them

Yes I was thinking tippers

And maybe also being high up, he wouldn’t get spotted anyway

He’d be in his little dog seat with pictures of bones on, and his little red harness, and with a selection of toys (he has an old moth eaten brown bunny he adores) then he’d be as quiet as a mouse

Awwwww, show us a piccie ■■?

Is his name rowley010, Benjie or what?

JohnNicholls:

Juddian:
You’ll struggle unless the work is maybe agricultural, ie deliveries to farms, soon as you come up to a gate and a security bod who couldn’t pass the coppers entrance exam you’ll be buggered.

I know those bods, the ones with face tattoos, thick shoulders and the IQ of a lemon.

There’s one who works in my local Sainsbury’s, and thick as mince is an understatement

I like your generalisations……I know people who have face tattoos, they also have dogs and if they drove a lorry, they would have no problems with the dog being in the cab.

I do hope you can keep a lid on your judgements when in the company of those with face tattoos who don`t have to work for a living :wink: :laughing:

JohnNicholls:

BeakFreak81:

Yes I was thinking tippers

And maybe also being high up, he wouldn’t get spotted anyway

He’d be in his little dog seat with pictures of bones on, and his little red harness, and with a selection of toys (he has an old moth eaten brown bunny he adores) then he’d be as quiet as a mouse

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what colour of cardigan did yer mam knit it for its christmas? any pics?

^^^^ savage :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

JohnNicholls:

whisperingsmith:
Once upon a time as an owner-driver I bought a unit on very good terms, but when I got it home discovered the previous driver had kept a dog in the cab, not only could you smell it, but it took weeks to get the cab clean and free of dog hairs.

When I went on to run a small fleet, anyone trying to bring a dog with him would have been shown the door or asked to supply his own truck.

Dogs are great companions, but not to be imposed on anyone else.

My dog is hypoallergenic, so he doesn’t stink or moult.

:laughing: Mate…newsflash.
ALL dogs stink, just some stink less than others, it’s a part of the canine nature.
That statement of yours is up there with the smoker’s crack ‘…’‘Your cab won’t stink because I drove it with the windows open’’ :neutral_face:
Just because you have got used to the smell does not say that your dog does not smell. :bulb:

the maoster:
^^^^ savage :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Btw Maost, anytime I’ve had a dog in the cab in the past, they haven’t smelled either…, maybe summet to do with them all being ■■■■■■■…what about you?
:laughing:

Not sure mate ^^^ most of the dogs I’ve had in my cab smelled of their husbands! :smiley:

the maoster:
Not sure mate ^^^ most of the dogs I’ve had in my cab smelled of their husbands! :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing:

I remember when a guy took my own truck out for the day while I had a day off.
I met him coming back on the road in my car, so I stopped to speak to him.
Looked in the cab and here’s his ■■■■ dog sprawled out on my bunk on top of my sleeping bag, I was livid. :smiling_imp:
I did not even take my own dog with me at the time.

A long time ago Truck and Driver ran a feature on Cab Mutts. Changed days now. Does any one see a benefit in all of this pointless regulation. Cant take dogs ,wives or children. Cant take the truck home (I do it sometimes) . I did a few house moves in the past but no private use allowed. Glad that I am nearly retired.

ringfur:

LOL I see what you did there.

Poor old John Nicholls, new member with ten posts in two days, frantically searching google images
for a non-stinky dog, wearing a red harness, with his moth eaten brown bunny at his side

alamcculloch:
A long time ago Truck and Driver ran a feature on Cab Mutts. Changed days now. Does any one see a benefit in all of this pointless regulation. Cant take dogs ,wives or children. Cant take the truck home (I do it sometimes) . I did a few house moves in the past but no private use allowed. Glad that I am nearly retired.

All my 4 kids have been all over Europe with me when they were younger, the last one only up to about 11 yrs ago.
Earlier than that my wife used to go away with me when she was my girlfriend.

Never took the dog because of the stink in the cab…but I suppose it would have eventually got used to it. :laughing:
(Old ones are the best :smiley: )

JohnNicholls:

toonsy:
Yeah it’s not likely bud. Same as taking the kids with you these days is all but dead barring some exception

It’s a crying shame, I used to go out in the lorry with my father when I was a lad, no seatbelts, no thought of special insurance or whatever and we survived

same here…me and my sister out with dad in his Atkinson in the school holidays…we loved it.took all my 3 kids out in my lorries over the years,never a problem anywhere.can i take my 4 yo grandson out ? not even worth asking,as he’s not a Company employee :astonished:

carryfast-yeti:

JohnNicholls:

toonsy:
Yeah it’s not likely bud. Same as taking the kids with you these days is all but dead barring some exception

It’s a crying shame, I used to go out in the lorry with my father when I was a lad, no seatbelts, no thought of special insurance or whatever and we survived

same here…me and my sister out with dad in his Atkinson in the school holidays…we loved it.took all my 3 kids out in my lorries over the years,never a problem anywhere.can i take my 4 yo grandson out ? not even worth asking,as he’s not a Company employee :astonished:

My old chap had a Seddon Atkinson too, he always used to say “you can’t whack an Akki”

I’d perch in the middle, and if he braked suddenly I’d have to slide and put my feet against the windscreen, dangerous days.

Anyway, to all those who want a photo of my dear little dog I’ll say it’s coming soon, and you’ll all be saying “awww he’s so cute”

isaac hunt:

ringfur:

LOL I see what you did there.

Poor old John Nicholls, new member with ten posts in two days, frantically searching google images
for a non-stinky dog, wearing a red harness, with his moth eaten brown bunny at his side

He could ask his mate Rowley to help find some pictures…although I think he probably learned his lesson being caught out with pictures when he used to be uktramp