My diary to John O Groats (updated and finished)

gezt:

marcustandy:
A good read, even better with so many pics!! Nice one.

Maybe I’ve missed something . . . . what’s the ‘JoG to LE’ on a forklift event??

go here mate ,say’s it all
teamtim.co.uk/

Thanks.

good diary, great pics! nice one mate

thanks for comments guys,be awhile for i get chance to do one like that again. :wink:

Great diary with pics that say a million words…nice one mate :wink:

Al

Excellent diary and piccies,thanks for that.
Pics 25+26 are the Moray Firth,the next 4 are the Cromarty Firth :wink: On your first shot of the Dornoch Firth,the buildings you can see in the distance above your meerkats(?) head is one of our daily collection points,to pick up mussels.

I must have been just a couple of hours in front of you on the Thursday.Got held at the Newtonmore snowgates for a wee while,then the police came along taking trucks out of the queue and allowing them down the A9.That made for a lot of pee’d off car and van drivers :grimacing: Never known them do that before. Heard a bit later on the radio that the road was closed overnight and well into Friday.Had to go back from Glasgow to Inverness via Aberdeen :unamused:

great pics and diary, thanks for taking the time to post it.

i’ve only been up that way once myself, delivreing water pipes to evanton. it was a fantastic drive and as i crossed the cromarty firth it was as still as a mill pond! absolutely beautiful. :smiley:

Just added a few more pictures so it’s well an truly finished :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for the diary mate! I’ve only managed to get up there in the car but I’d recommend it to anyone, wonderful drive. I liked your comment about grid lock highland style! :grimacing:

just received a email with a link to this one and maybe he wants to put it in a gallery :open_mouth:
or maybe it’s someone havin a laff :unamused:
either way no worries still enjoyed doing it :slight_smile:

Good read and nice pics. :slight_smile:

But wait

pictures taken using camera on fixed dash board bracket and remote button

:astonished: I believe you but thousands wouldn’t, especially taking another look at the pics. :wink:

Rob K:
Good read and nice pics. :slight_smile:

But wait

pictures taken using camera on fixed dash board bracket and remote button

:astonished: I believe you but thousands wouldn’t, especially taking another look at the pics. :wink:

Looks like one of them movable dash boards to me :wink:

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anything to appease the OMFGZ YOU IZ GONNA CRASH TAKING PIX WHILE DRIVING!!! do-gooders. :grimacing:

fantastic pics and texts…a seemingly well educated trucker, can this be true!
Cant see any pics of you though :cry:

Rob K:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Anything to appease the OMFGZ YOU IZ GONNA CRASH TAKING PIX WHILE DRIVING!!! do-gooders. :grimacing:

must have been either the movable dash (as said) or camera was on a bendy stick, so long ago i can’t remember :unamused: :unamused: :wink:
but ho hum who bloody cares :laughing: :laughing:

Excellent diary and pics, enjoyed that but WTF is a mearcat doing standing on top of a forklift at the side of the road in scotland :question:

it took me an embarrassingly :blush: :blush: :blush: long amount of time to realize that its probably on your dash :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: waht time specsavers close today

think those bendy arms that hold the camera’s are a great idea :smiley:

in 20 years, i hv managed most of europe, but no further north than glasgow. would like to get up there on a trip like that, and have a nose around.
even looked into doing a driving holiday up there in my old m5, but when i worked out the fuel costs, etc, from essex, it was just plain bonkers. could be 1 for the future, fly up, and hire a half decent car for a road trip :sunglasses:

Interesting post :slight_smile: Well done.

It in a way reminded me of the longest drive I did in the UK. When I worked on the motor show / promotional transport I did a weekend show in Inverness, dismantled the xhibition on monday with help from and agency slave and drove from Inverness to Stithians in Cornwall for the next show. I left tuesday morning and arrived on site friday night … We always took our time running between shows so we could stop for the night at good hotels and pubs :laughing: Buit the display etc on saturday, no work was allowed on site during sundays, show on monday, then strip down tuesday and head home to Oxford.

Pat Hasler:
I left tuesday morning and arrived on site friday night … .

Jeez Pat from one extreme to the other when you moved stateside…4 days from Inverness to Cornwall… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: …dragging the job out or what :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: