Mission creep.. inward facing cameras

Clocks a ticking - who’s going to be the first manufacturer to build a standard UK spec unit with 1000 bhp - won’t be long…

Socketset:
Clocks a ticking - who’s going to be the first manufacturer to build a standard UK spec unit with 1000 bhp - won’t be long…

Emissions will stop engines getting much bigger, it is becoming to much effort to keep the emissions legal, probably already near the limit in terms of HP

The last place I worked had driver/forward/side facing cameras in everything apart from company cars. And the driver accessor would spend time watching 2 random 5 minutes of driving of everybody’s day. None of this was said about at interview or acceptance of the job and when people found out about it most grumbled but stayed as it was well paid with decent t&c.

robroy:
Way I see it is anybody who ranges from being content to happy with a camera facing them on constant feed has either just given up, or have no self respect.

Or just thinks there’s more worthwhile things to worry about and is a realist. Fact is after the initial excitement no one has any interest in watching you drive about, it’s actually rather boring

How do I feel about it? Don’t really care

Well I’m amazed at some of the cavalier opinions on this subject,.I know everyone is different, but Jeez H Christ, what happened to standing up for your rights.
These sort of conditions resemble those types that are actually forced upon countries that are oppressed ffs, not as some way of protecting people as the official line goes, , but to encroach on their freedom, with successfull results,.along with all the negative aspects that go with them, division and informing on each other etc.
How people can look upon them as acceptable is totally beyond me, but maybe it’s just me.

But hey ho, on reflection said attitudes illustrate some of the reasons why the job has declined into a micro managed spoon fed cluster ■■■■…but there you go eh? :neutral_face:
Let’s all just roll over.

robroy:
Well I’m amazed at some of the cavalier opinions on this subject,.I know everyone is different, but Jeez H Christ, what happened to standing up for your rights.
These sort of conditions resemble those types that are actually forced upon countries that are oppressed ffs, not as some way of protecting people as the official line goes, , but to encroach on their freedom, with successfull results,.along with all the negative aspects that go with them, division and informing on each other etc.
How people can look upon them as acceptable is totally beyond me, but maybe it’s just me.

But hey ho, on reflection said attitudes illustrate some of the reasons why the job has declined into a micro managed spoon fed cluster [zb]…but there you go eh? :neutral_face:

You really are a bit of a drama queen sometimes! (Often)

Funny how the narcissists don’t mind the camera pointed at them

switchlogic:

robroy:

But hey ho, on reflection said attitudes illustrate some of the reasons why the job has declined into a micro managed spoon fed cluster [zb]…but there you go eh? :neutral_face:

You really are a bit of a drama queen sometimes! (Often)

Cheers,.I do try my best to be. :smiley:

I would once have been very anti this, not I’m not bothered. Not pro or anti. A few years into my career I basically started judging everything by the chance it will change. Most of us moan and groan and go one but nothing changes. So that’s category this is in for me. I could spend the rest of my career annoyed, kicking up a stink and by time I retire absolutely nothing will have changed. Many things you may not like but nor will you be able to change so all that happens is health damaging stress.

switchlogic:
I would once have been very anti this, not I’m not bothered. Not pro or anti. A few years into my career I basically started judging everything by the chance it will change. Most of us moan and groan and go one but nothing changes. So that’s category this is in for me. I could spend the rest of my career annoyed, kicking up a stink and by time I retire absolutely nothing will have changed. Many things you may not like but nor will you be able to change so all that happens is health damaging stress.

From a drama queen’s point of view :smiley: …, check your social history, read up about some of the conditions, the danger and unfairness our great grandfathers and beyond, had to endure as working men :open_mouth: .
It’s a good job that a few of them did not have similar opinions of apathy.
Since the Unions were put back in their box in early 80s, (and tbf a lot of it was justified) it’s a case of what goes around comes around, working people have lost (and in many case handed back) t.s and c.s that were achieved by those old guys not rolling over.
So consequently we have things now, that by rights we should NOT have to put up with at work… this subject is a classic example.

robroy:

switchlogic:

From a drama queen’s point of view :smiley: …, check your social history, read up about some of the conditions, the danger and unfairness our great grandfathers and beyond, had to endure as working men :open_mouth: .
It’s a good job that a few of them did not have similar opinions of apathy…

Are you not aware of how comical that sounds? Comparing us to abused pit workers and the like? You also seem to have missed the bit where i explained that I judge things on how likely it is that I could affect a change, not that I never stand up for things. You know why lorry drivers are often ignored? It’s because all we do is moan about everything and anything. Radical concept but we’d be much more likely to force change if we only stood up and moaned where there was something to moan about and the possibility of a change. #SelectiveDisgruntlement. As it is lorry drivers just get written off for ‘always moaning’. We are our own worst enemy, we, well you chaps give people a reason to ignore us. Moaning about everything means nothing changes.

switchlogic:

robroy:

switchlogic:

It’s a good job that a few of them did not have similar opinions of apathy…

Are you not aware of how comical that sounds? Comparing us to abused pit workers and the like? You also seem to have missed the bit where i explained that I judge things on how likely it is that I could affect a change, not that I never stand up for things. You know why lorry drivers are often ignored? It’s because all we do is moan about everything and anything. Radical concept but we’d be much more likely to force change if we only stood up and moaned where there was something to moan about and the possibility of a change. #SelectiveDisgruntlement. As it is lorry drivers just get written off for ‘always moaning’. We are our own worst enemy, we, well you chaps give people a reason to ignore us. Moaning about everything means nothing changes.

C’mon Luke you’re an intelligent bloke, you knew exactly what I meant…
Of course we are not treated as bad as the old guys …‘darnt pit’ I was speaking relatively, but we both know that you knew that anyway.(I ain’t Carryfast,.I know when you are baiting :wink: )

To stick to the subject, as I said,.all this pseudo stazi constant surveillance dog ■■■■ (I don’t give a ■■■■ if they intend to watch you 24 hours or 24 seconds btw, the facility is there, that is enough for me ) is crossing the line.

It’s worth ‘‘moaning’’ about, it’s worth even more making a stand against it, but we both know the nature of drivers that it will never happen.

So if you think we should not moan about this in particular (I prefer the terms ‘disapprove’ and ‘constructively complain’ btw) that is your right, we will just have to agree to agree to disagree on this, …(even if only to avoid a 10 page tennis match the likes of which you have had with Carryfast. :bulb: :smiley:)

*Stasi :wink:

switchlogic:
*Stasi :wink:

I have a cold, I’m all nazal…*nasal. :wink:
:laughing:

When I was on the buses in London, we had driver facing cameras, you soon get used to it, tbh.

Sadly, drivers have brought this upon themselves with the crap way some drivers behave.

rambo19:
When I was on the buses in London, we had driver facing cameras, you soon get used to it, tbh.

Sadly, drivers have brought this upon themselves with the crap way some drivers behave.

Not really.

It’s simply yet another tool used by employers to provide mitigation- one way or the other.

I’d only agree to it if every other member of staff was also continuously and personally filmed whilst working/on break etc.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Truckulent:
I’d only agree to it if every other member of staff was also continuously and personally filmed whilst working/on break etc.

Most already are

switchlogic:

Truckulent:

Most already are

Not many are filmed whilst sleeping though Luke!

I agree it’s just how it is now and not a lot of point whining about it.

Doesn’t make it right though IMO.

Truckulent:

switchlogic:

Truckulent:

Most already are

Not many are filmed whilst sleeping though Luke!

I agree it’s just how it is now and not a lot of point whining about it.

Doesn’t make it right though IMO.

No and they shouldn’t be on when at rest